Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, mistertim said:

Maybe he's been trying to gain weight but not as successfully as he hoped and wanted the extra month between the combine and pro day.

That would be a more practical answer.

I find it weird that of the few guys that opt'd out 2 went to LSU... like somebody's covering for something... But then again I like me a good conspiracy theory from time to time.

As long as they get me my numbies at some point, it comes out in the wash. Height/hand size aint gonna change and your not stacking on healthy major pound-age in a month. It'll be what It'll be.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

That would be a more practical answer.

I find it weird that of the few guys that opt'd out 2 went to LSU... like somebody's covering for something... But then again I like me a good conspiracy theory from time to time.

As long as they get me my numbies at some point, it comes out in the wash. Height/hand size aint gonna change and your not stacking on healthy major pound-age in a month. It'll be what It'll be.

I agree. Maybe they're trying to do the unified front thing.

https://www.abc4.com/sports/sports-illustrated/5bc670cb/jayden-daniels-explains-unselfish-reason-for-not-testing-at-nfl-combine/

I'm #teamDrake but all the relentless harping on Daniels' dainty build all but guarantees that after we draft Maye,  he gets a career-ending injury like 2 games in, right?

Meanwhile Jayden will turn into the Cal Ripken Jr. of the NFL.

Edited by Rolo Tomasie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rolo Tomasie said:

I'm #teamDrake but all the relentless harping on Daniels' dainty build all but guarantees we draft Maye, but he gets a career-ending injury like 2 games in, right?

Its a worry, but he wont be running as much as JD so it won't be as important for him by comparison.

Dudes gotta learn to stop trying out to be a trapeze artist tho. As it currently stands he has gotta get way better in the protect yourself department too or he'll go the way of Anthony Richardson real quick.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Doubt we get much for Howell. Mac Jones only fetched a 6th. Howell is better but not demonstrably so and doesn't have the pedigree of former 1st round pick from Alabama. 

If he gets even a 5th I'd take it and run.

Shockingly Mac Jones has better stats than Josh Allen in their last 10 regular season games. Mac has completed 64.8% of passes, 2320 passing yards, 14 TDs, just 5 ints, 90.3% rate in that time frame. Josh has 62.5% comp, 2321 passing yards, 17 TDs/ 11 ints, 85.4% rate. That makes it seem like Mac is a lot better than Howell. Although those stats aren't the end all, be all obviously.

7 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Shockingly Mac Jones has better stats than Josh Allen in their last 10 regular season games. Mac has completed 64.8% of passes, 2320 passing yards, 14 TDs, just 5 ints, 90.3% rate in that time frame. Josh has 62.5% comp, 2321 passing yards, 17 TDs/ 11 ints, 85.4% rate. That makes it seem like Mac is a lot better than Howell. Although those stats aren't the end all, be all obviously.

1 minute ago, Rolo Tomasie said:

Thank God Mac got hotter to end the season, it's what brought us the #2 pick!

What on earth are you guys talking about? Jones was benched for Zappe after the loss to the Giants in week 12. In his most recent 10 games he threw 7 TDs and 11 INTs.

• Haha 5

36 minutes ago, mistertim said:

What on earth are you guys talking about? Jones was benched for Zappe after the loss to the Giants in week 12. In his most recent 10 games he threw 7 TDs and 11 INTs.

It was on twitter. Well crap. I tried copy and pasting it but it said something like " chrome won't allow you to copy and paste here, " or something like that. " Boston sports info " is the Twitter handle ( or X or whatever) so maybe someone else can go to that page. I assume that it's still up. Maybe it's full of crap.

55 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I just realized that tweet was from Sept 12th 2023. My bad. Idk why it would show up on my feed now. Smh.

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Doubt we get much for Howell. Mac Jones only fetched a 6th. Howell is better but not demonstrably so and doesn't have the pedigree of former 1st round pick from Alabama. 

If he gets even a 5th I'd take it and run.

Nah, Howell's worth more than a random 5th to us over the next two years. He gives us a high floor backup. Imagine being Pittsburgh and your 1 and 2 both were 2 of the worst backups seen in years. with a half decent OL, and playmakers, he gives us a top 10-20 QB in the league, more than likely, which is worth more than a 5th or even a 4th to me over the next two years. 

• Like 4

It'll be interesting to see how Wilson pans out this season. Financially, it's a good deal for the Steelers. Wonder if they still draft a QB. They're not sold on Pickett, and Wilson ain't a long-term answer.

2 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

It'll be interesting to see how Wilson pans out this season. Financially, it's a good deal for the Steelers. Wonder if they still draft a QB. They're not sold on Pickett, and Wilson ain't a long-term answer.

They'll trade up for Malik Willis, or so I hear.

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, skinsfan66 said:

What's your take on McCarthy and the distance between? 

Good question & humble pie time - just watched highlights package and really it was impressive -  a whole lot better than the small sample size I originally saw.

For me that distance just shrunk a bunch TBH

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rolo Tomasie said:

Thank God Mac got hotter to end the season, it's what brought us the #2 pick!

Thanks, I was doing my bun busters, it’s when I squeeze real tight then let it loose

Edited by mac8887

1 minute ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

I could still see Las Vegas as a possibility, but it's probably Atlanta since he's toward the tail end of his career and I think his wife is from Atlanta. 

Yeah Vegas is a possibility as well. Theyd be a distant 3rd.

Atlanta is a perfect fit and are in win now mode.

• Like 1