Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

If Maye wins an MVP and makes 5 All Pros with us he could murder MY wife and I'd be okay with it.

Didn't he suck last year? Dropped a lotta balls.

He was their best receiver and Mayes favorite target once he was granted eligibility. I wasn’t expecting him to be that fast 

Here's McCarthy's full workout. I don't think it was as bad as some say, but it was hit or miss on some routes. He definitely struggled with accuracy on the outs and he was meh on the go routes. Pretty good on the slants and hit most guys in stride. Corner routes were his best. Crossers were so-so...made some but threw behind guys at least a couple of times.

Just now, mistertim said:

Here's McCarthy's full workout. I don't think it was as bad as some say, but it was hit or miss on some routes. He definitely struggled with accuracy on the outs and he was meh on the go routes. Pretty good on the slants and hit most guys in stride. Corner routes were his best. Crossers were so-so...made some but threw behind guys at least a couple of times.

On one of those throws someone was screaming bloody murder in the stands, that was on his worse throw

McCarthy is just...fine. After finishing with 4 wins and getting the #2 pick, ending up with a QB like that would just be a colossal let down. He'll do well if he goes to a good team and can be their version of Brock Purdy but beyond that, I don't see it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

That's like being the tallest guy in China

When I was in law school I did a summer abroad in China. The classes were held in Nanjing which is a former capitol. I’m 6’4” and they didn’t get many foreign tourists there. A lot of the locals wanted to take a picture with me with because of my height. When I wore Redskins shirts some of them thought I was on the team. So for 6 weeks it felt like I was the tallest guy in China! 😂 

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

When I was in law school I did a summer abroad in China. The classes were held in Nanjing which is a former capitol. I’m 6’4” and they didn’t get many foreign tourists there. A lot of the locals wanted to take a picture with me with because of my height. When I wore Redskins shirts some of them thought I was on the team. So for 6 weeks it felt like I was the tallest guy in China! 😂 

At least now we know where your superiority complex comes from.

😁

• Haha 2

I mean, if Tez is there in like the 3rd, sure, reunite him with Maye.  But I don't particularly want him any earlier given his senior bowl.  And if there's a decent TE in the 3rd I'm taking them over Tez.

7 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I mean, if Tez is there in like the 3rd, sure, reunite him with Maye.  But I don't particularly want him any earlier given his senior bowl.  And if there's a decent TE in the 3rd I'm taking them over Tez.

I've seen a fair amount of Tez when watching Maye's cutups. He's fast and has good size but he's very raw as a route runner. He's not sudden in and out of his breaks, rounds off, and just gets lazy with them at times.

As a result he doesn't tend to get much separation, and what he does get is usually just because he's faster than the guy covering him, which is much less likely to be the case in the NFL. He also has weird dropsies issues. He'll make the occasional circus catch but then drop routine passes.

I'd probably take a flyer on him in the 4th or 5th maybe.

Edited by mistertim

49 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

Tez walker with a 4.36, if we draft Maye do we get him his guy as well? It would be cheaper than resigning Samuels and could probably be had with a 3rd or 4th?

The fact that you would even suggest that, and that you didn't know how fast Tez is, tells me you didn't watch any UNC games, just highlights. Tez is fast and gets open and then footballs clank off his hands regularly. Drake doesn't want him, I guarantee.

Edited by Rolo Tomasie
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Michael Penix is putting on a CLINIC!

Penix seems to be only QB in this group throwing with anticipation.

Rattler making some deep throws. Reed just threw the worst wobbler I've seen so far. 

Penix looks good of course going deep. Lot of receiver drops in this group. Pratt looked horrible on deep throws.

Slovis cuts loose a bomb and gets back slaps from the other QBs.

Edited by Dah-Dee

52 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

That's like being the tallest guy in China

The tallest guy in China is 7ft 9”. Talk about a redzone threat …

11 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Michael Penix is putting on a CLINIC!

I would take Penix for sure before Nix and possibly ahead of McCarthy (I know I’m on a bit of an island in not liking McCarthy as a first round QB - certainly not top 10).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThatNFLChick said:

What is she talking about here? Did I miss something? 

who the **** is she referring to here, I can’t even tell. Caleb? 

1 minute ago, Conn said:

who the **** is she referring to here, I can’t even tell. Caleb? 

Yeah. The full tweet/whatever compares the 'subject' to other top QB prospects including "Luke" (Maye) lol.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

On one of those throws someone was screaming bloody murder in the stands, that was on his worse throw

I feel like that deep out is a great barometer of a QB's arm, it separates the men from the boys and his deep out is terrible and that's with no pressure.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rolo Tomasie said:

The fact that you would even suggest that, and that you didn't know how fast Tez is, tells me you didn't watch any UNC games, just highlights. Tez is fast and gets open and then footballs clank off his hands regularly. Drake doesn't want him, I guarantee.

I’m not even the only one to suggest it on this board, enough with the personal attacks, nobody knew how fast tez would run today, that is why they come run, so everyone can see how fast they are.