Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

5 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised at all if the Raiders move to #3 for Daniels. Seems like there is significant mutual interest there.

Jayden made it very clear that he does not care at all about being picked 1st or 3rd or whatever, he just wants to go to the best/right situation so, aside from his relationship with AP, the Raiders and Falcons are great situations. 

Caleb even said, while he wants to be #1, the cool thing about Chicago is they went 7-10 last year which isn't usually the case with teams drafting early - they're not a terrible team in some massive rebuild and they already have guys in place. 

I don't think it was a coincidence that JJ McCarthy was talking up the Vikings so much and KOC. He knows that is a good situation.

I think QBs are starting to care less about being the 1st or 3rd pick or whatever and care a lot more about the situation they are going to (not that they have a say). 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think the best case scenario for us re: Giants handicapping themselves is them getting into a bidding war with someone for the 4th spot for McCarthy.  Shame to have McCathy on the Giants, but to spend their 1st + extra picks for a raw kid who needs a year or two learning would further hamstring their success, at least in the short term.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I think the best case scenario for us re: Giants handicapping themselves is them getting into a bidding war with someone for the 4th spot for McCarthy.  Shame to have McCathy on the Giants, but to spend their 1st + extra picks for a raw kid who needs a year or two learning would further hamstring their success, at least in the short term.

Id laugh so hard if the Giants traded up to get the 4th best QB who is clearly a tier below the rest. 

53 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I think QBs are starting to care less about being the 1st or 3rd pick or whatever and care a lot more about the situation they are going to (not that they have a say). 

Aside from Caleb clearing wanting to go #1, I agree with the principle of what you are seeing. We might just be seeing a slight shift in power/influence. 

1 hour ago, Black Market Bully said:

IMG_7921.gif.50f5147d04b94a783b48fcb3dfcc6530.gif

In what universe is McCarthy’s arm better than Jayden Daniel’s? Y’all are just making up anything in here now. 

By every single piece of tape I have watched. That metric. Plus the guy threw the second hardest ball at the combine yesterday. 

38 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Moving from 13 to 3 would cost a metric f ton. 

Not really. That was #9 to #1 last year…

The Panthers have traded up to acquire the No 1 overall pick in the draft from the Chicago Bears in exchange for Carolina’s No 9 and No 61 overall picks in 2023, a first-round pick in 2024, a second-round pick in 2025 and star wide receiver DJ Moore, two people familiar with the deal said Friday.

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

By every single piece of tape I have watched. That metric. Plus the guy threw the second hardest ball at the combine yesterday. 

JJ has the worst touch on his throws out of all the top QBs in this draft. Can have all the strength in the world but without touch and accuracy, it matters zilch. 

• Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, BayouBrave86 said:

JJ has the worst touch on his throws out of all the top QBs in this draft. Can have all the strength in the world but without touch and accuracy, it matters zilch. 

I agree with you. The guy was calling out people as idiots for saying McCarthy has a stronger arm. When in fact he does. 

Edited by clskinsfan

34 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Moving from 13 to 3 would cost a metric f ton. 

I think if they can't, Fields would probably be their backup plan. So much is going to depend on Kirk Cousins. 

5 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Aside from Caleb clearing wanting to go #1, I agree with the principle of what you are seeing. We might just be seeing a slight shift in power/influence. 

Well its also because look at Mahomes! He wasn't the first pick but he went to a GREAT situation with a hall of fame coach, all pro TE, tons of weapons and had repeatedly been to the playoffs. Compare that to Mitch Trubisky's situation.

I am sure Bryce Young would have rather been the 4th QB picked and gone to a team like the Titans who had Henry and DHop over that terrible situation in Carolina with that atrocious offensive line. 

1 hour ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Jayden made it very clear that he does not care at all about being picked 1st or 3rd or whatever, he just wants to go to the best/right situation so, aside from his relationship with AP, the Raiders and Falcons are great situations. 

He is not going to have any say where he goes. Where did he say anything about the "best/right situation?" He is in a draft. He will go where he is selected. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Not really. That was #9 to #1 last year…

The Panthers have traded up to acquire the No 1 overall pick in the draft from the Chicago Bears in exchange for Carolina’s No 9 and No 61 overall picks in 2023, a first-round pick in 2024, a second-round pick in 2025 and star wide receiver DJ Moore, two people familiar with the deal said Friday.

Putting DJ Moore value as back of first round value. That’s is 3 first and 2 seconds.

54 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Yeah not worried about mccarthy on the giants at all

Edited by WashingtonRedWolves

8 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

He is not going to have any say where he goes. Where did he say anything about the "best/right situation?" He is in a draft. He will go where he is selected. 

I think we know they will all go where they are selected. I think the point is that whether they are the 1st pick or 3rd is mattering less and less because more people are realizing its all about the situation you are drafted to that largely determines your success.

And he said it to Simms and Florio when they asked him about people talking about him possibly going #1

Edited by ThatNFLChick

1 minute ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

I am fine with the Giants picking McCarthy. I wasn't impressed with what I saw. He also had a stacked team around him and a solid O line.  

10 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

He did not take his ball and go home like the other 3. He threw some nice deep outs yesterday and gets a chance to throw like the other 3 with familiar WR's. He was clearly better than Nix yesterday for the no.4 spot. But from day one everybody said he needed a year. 21 years old and it's what you project. Tape says your blowing up the accuracy thing.  If Maye lights it up in his pro day he should be the pick and could sit a year. If you trade down and J.J. lights it up at his pro day he should be the pick. Daniels and Williams have to much risk for me over what they can do on the field. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I think we know they will all go where they are selected. I think the point is that whether they are the 1st pick or 3rd is matter less and less. And he said it to Simms and Florio. 

Well two things here. We all know Eli Manning did not go where he was selected 1st overall to San Diego.  So, there is precedent but not for a player like Daniels.  My point is two-fold. He is just not as good as Maye or Willams just watching him. And secondly what player does not want to go first in the draft?  Some of these twitter X quotes from these players just seem out of context. 

8 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I think we know they will all go where they are selected. I think the point is that whether they are the 1st pick or 3rd is mattering less and less because more people are realizing its all about the situation you are drafted to that largely determines your success.

And he said it to Simms and Florio when they asked him about people talking about him possibly going #1

A move from 1 to 32 would cost him about 30 million. But hey that doesn't matter to him! LOL

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, rumplestilskin said:

A move from 1 to 32 would cost him about 30 million. But hey that doesn't matter to him! LOL

That's a little dramatic but do you think Trubisky would forego 15 million if he could have gone to the Chiefs instead of the Bears? I do. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick

12 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Me either, they would be fools not going WR. in this draft and take a 21 year old QB who might need a year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Well two things here. We all know Eli Manning did not go where he was selected 1st overall to San Diego.  So, there is precedent but not for a player like Daniels.  My point is two-fold. He is just not as good as Maye or Willams just watching him. And secondly what player does not want to go first in the draft?  Some of these twitter X quotes from these players just seem out of context. 

1. Whatever your opinion of Daniels, sincr Orlovsky, Riddick, etc have been talking about him being QB1 the question was fine to ask. 

2. I don't think he was saying he would absolutely not want to go 1, but the situation you are drafted in matters a lot more than where you are on the draft board. 

The NIL probably helps a lot.  It's not top pick money but it's solid cash.  Googling "Jayden Daniels NIL" gives an estimate of just north of 500k per year.

Now sure, rookie pay scale for top 10 guys wayyyy above that, but if you're still making top 1% of people money from NIL, getting that extra mil/year from the draft probably less important.