Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Maye came across as likable on the interview but he is very fidgety. Kept shrugging his shoulders. Caleb is definitely more media polished. But Maye’s answers were great. He basically said if you have questions about him pass and draft someone else. Not in a super arrogant way. He’s confident in himself as a player and came across as a competitor as an athlete but he is probably a little nervous in front of cameras.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, lovemaskins said:

I hear ya, but with all the running and moving I’m not sure the body is able to stay fat.  I myself was once a fat boy until I strapped it up in high school, weight melted off. Two-a-days will do that, I guess it’s possible if you refuse to try as a pro athlete. Although, Zion Williamson is giving it his best tho so I guess it’s possible…

Kentucky had the hefty lefty, so it’s not impossible, it would be so fun to watch

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Yes he bolted. Maye and Caleb are there and Maye just did an interview for the broadcast. 

I assumed he left. There was a video of Nabers in a car yesterday saying "pro day prep starts now" so I assumed they both left. Since BTJ didn't do any WR drills I think he left after weighing in

Dang Milton is strong. Just... who knows where it's going.

McCarthy and Nix had noticeably more zip on deep balls than Leary and Hartman. None of them consistently super accurate, at least if you can say "consistently" with like 6 throws. 

Definitely feels like this is more an NFL PR stunt than a real tool for teams scouting QB prospects. Individual workouts for teams are what will really mean something.

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Thumb up 1

45 minutes ago, mistertim said:

They need to stop letting prospects treat the combine like a buffet.

It should be: you're either in or you're out. If you're in then you get to come and meet with all the teams, scouts, FO, media etc. but you also have to do measurements and basic drills like running and throwing (if you're a QB). If you're out then you don't have to come and do any of that stuff but you also don't get to network and meet with teams or media.

This would only hurt the teams, they get way more out of meeting every player they want etc. than they do out of the measurables stuff. And in the grand scheme not that many players overall are sitting out of drills/events. You try to get strict, they’ll just fake injuries. There’s no way to force participation. It’s a free draft market, if it negatively impacts draft stock then that’ll play out in the draft and eventually influence future prospect behavior. If it doesn’t impact draft stock, then it doesn’t matter. 

• Like 2

I'd love to know why Jayden left.

A couple people in the know were pounding the "he is dealing w/ something personal and its about to be resolved" drum yesterday, but we got no info about what that could possibly be.

Hopefully somebody asks that question.

• Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Yes he bolted. Maye and Caleb are there and Maye just did an interview for the broadcast. 

He was last seen at McDonald’s ordering 4 double quarter pounders and 4 large milkshakes.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, mh86 said:

He was last seen at McDonald’s ordering 4 double quarter pounders and 4 large milkshakes.

That’s a lie. Everyone knows the milkshake machine is always broken at McDonald’s! 

• Haha 2

Daniels leaving the combine for, “something personal”? What could possibly be more important than this. If we don’t find out about a death in the family, this is an awful look and would absolutely affect my willingness to draft him. At least Caleb showed up and stayed. 

And regarding the not weighing in, it doesn’t change a lot for me. He’s skinny. He doesn’t have one of those frames to add much good weight. We know his build. I think for me this is more of. STFU moment for everyone talking about him rapidly putting on weight and it not being an issue in the NFL.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Daniels leaving the combine for, “something personal”? What could possibly be more important than this. If we don’t find out about a death in the family, this is an awful look and would absolutely affect my willingness to draft him. At least Caleb showed up and stayed. 

And regarding the not weighing in, it doesn’t change a lot for me. He’s skinny. He doesn’t have one of those frames to add much good weight. We know his build. I think for me this is more of. STFU moment for everyone talking about him rapidly putting on weight and it not being an issue in the NFL.

Honestly, a million things could be more important.  And as hard as it is to hear, we are not owed an explanation.  I’m positive his agents will inform the teams what they need to know.  If it’s personal and private, then we don’t need to know.  

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Hartman another graduate of the Leary school of floating deep balls.

If you are comparing Hartmans arm to Leary's you need to change the prescription on your glasses. Leary has a hose. 

Joe Milton is a specimen, he has some major accuracy issues and decision making issues, but someone will take a late round flyer on him. The dudes doing flips and stuff while running off the field. Miami will end up picking him on the last day, and he will be the nerdy little coaches project.