Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I wouldn't even answer the phone unless I get every pick a team has for the next two years MINIMUM.

I'm tired of these garbage offers where we trade down and get like a 3rd and 5th and 1st next year. That's trash.

We gave up 3 #1s to move up just four spots in 2012.

I mean Ian Rappaport floated it out their first and now PFT Commenter and Russini are saying they heard the same.

It could just be smoke or could be something. You never know this time of year so I take everything with a grain of salt unless it comes from Schefter, Ian, Pelissero, Schultz, the usuals who get legit info first

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I wouldn't even answer the phone unless I get every pick a team has for the next two years MINIMUM.

What, to move back from #2 ? You must know something about these QBs nobody else does :ols: I admire your confidence in a rookie prospect QB. I would suggest a GM turning down 2 complete drafts from a team would be borderline criminal….

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The only thing hardcore that Keim is saying now is he doesn't think they are trading up.

So he’s reported nothing to suggest we are definitely sticking at #2, gotcha.

3 minutes ago, mh86 said:

I bolder the part I found really funny. You were claiming him a future bust and to trade with the giants so that they’d get a bust. You don’t like Maye, don’t start with a lie. It discredits anything you say after 

Again I said he has bust potential, more than any of the other top guys, and my reasons for suggesting the giants is because of the kings ransom’s they would have to pay, to move up to get him. Which in turn with a lack of major cash to spend due to the Daniel jones contract would make it hard for them to build a roster good enough around him for him to succeed until at least 3 or 4 years out, that would make it easier from him to bust. From the beginning, I’ve always stated he has unbelievable traits, and top notch upside if coached properly and he lives up to his potential.

Maybe you shouldn’t take people posts out of context, if you go back and back, you will continually see that I have raved about his elite traits and potential to be great since the beginning 

3 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

I hear they are going to sign Cousins and bring in Griffen to compete.

Got to admit, Cousins would be a shocking move. It’s a strong no from me on all counts.

24 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

What, to move back from #2 ? You must know something about these QBs nobody else does :ols: I admire your confidence in a rookie prospect QB. I would suggest a GM turning down 2 complete drafts from a team would be borderline criminal….

Est.1974: "GIVE UP WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET CALEB WILLIAMS!"

Also Est.1974: "Why do you guys have so much confidence in a rookie prospect QB?"

:ols:

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Also JJ is slighter of frame than Daniels, but feel like that isn’t brought up at all. 

Different styles he knows how to get down. And just turning 21 plus still growing and looks like he has the frame too. Daniels is on the downside of growing at 24. 

If, which I highly doubt we would, offered something to Kirk...he's not a rookie, he can and would probably say no, lol

Why would he want to come here, to be replaced in a year? Or may not even start at all.

I can't think of any reason why he would want to come here.

Just now, mistertim said:

Est.1974: "GIVE UP WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET CALEB WILLIAMS!"

Also Est.1074: "Why do you guys have so much confidence in a rookie prospect QB?"

Slight exaggeration on your part….but it made me laugh…:ols:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

So he’s reported nothing to suggest we are definitely sticking at #2, gotcha.

Do you recall a draft where this team or another telegraphed whether they are staying at a pick or leaving it?  Maybe what 2-3 times out a million it's happened

Edited by Skinsinparadise

2 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Different styles he knows how to get down. And just turning 21 plus still growing and looks like he has the frame too. Daniels is on the downside of growing at 24. 

He doesn't need to grow. He needs to add weight and people's metabolism slows down as they age, it doesn’t speed up lol

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

I like Baker.

I know Baker's a FA, but I think the reporting is, Bucs are likely to resign him for $$$, and besides, not sure I want to go down the Kliff Koached That Guy road, for that way Mahomes madness lies:

So Theres A Chance GIFs | Tenor

10 hours ago, mistertim said:

Caleb is basically tattooing "I'm going to be a massive pain in the ass for whoever drafts me" on his forehead.

Whoever started talking about the Ball family yesteday, I'm getting that vibe too. The good news for Caleb is that he's a much better prospect for his sport, than any of the Balls were, but still, I'd rather be at #1, but he's making me feel better and better about being at #2. 

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Baker would have been a great pick up if we traded for him instead of Wentz.

That's who I wanted back in 2022. But ultimately, ending up with the #2 pick in a QB rich class is better for our long term health.

15 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Some posters still don't realize just how fortunate we are to be in the #2 position in this QB rich draft, which could be historic.

Especially since the hit rate for drafting a QB in a QB strong class is actually really high. Over 60% at the most conservative and shoots up over 70% if you factor out expansion teams and the loljets.

Not sure QBs go 1-2-3-4 though. Arizona would have to trade down and pass up on Harrison jr and that doesn't seem likely. The earliest the fourth QB will go is 6 to the Giants.

Edited by Warhead36

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Do you recall a draft where this team or another telegraphed whether they are staying at a pick or leaving it?  Maybe what 2-3 times out a million it's happened

This team has previously been very predictable I’d suggest. Different regime now clearly.

However, I think you’re missing the point. Based on your faith in Keim, we’re either sticking at #2 or trading back aren’t we - as the only thing he’s potentially discounted is the move up.

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I like Baker.

Would you be happy with a Baker/Howell 1-2 ?