Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 hours ago, ThatNFLChick said:

What's an example of this? It takes more than one missed 1st round pick to get you stuck. People miss on 1st round picks all the time. Passing on a QB that would have stabilized your franchise, or, choosing the wrong one? This is what get's a franchise stuck. 

3 hours ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I mean...I know what happened with Young but I still don't like Tua. I think we would be looking for a new QB now if we drafted him tbh. Miami worked for him because they put a ton of pieces around him, it was the best situation for him. I don't believe we would have been that.

This might be the only thing we agree on…

This Superbowl should stop the howlers once and for all. You can be stacked at every position on the field, but nothing is more important than finding a great qb. We gotta find our qb

Edited by mac8887
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

You just have no chance to win the SB anymore without an elite QB. 

I find it hard to believe Peters hasn’t learned that lesson at this point. 

did mahomes outplay purdy though? blocked extra point is all it was. Neither team looked great

Option A: trade up for CW at the cost of two firsts and a 2nd this year

Option B: stay at #2 and take a QB

Option 😄 trade a 2nd and 4th for Justin Fields, take Harrison at #2. Let Fields and Howell battle it out for future Commanders QB

Option d: trade for Fields, trade out of #2 pick with Atl or LV and get a haul back, including another 1st next year.

Option e: trade out of #2 and take one of the 2nd tier QB's while getting a haul of picks.

Pick your poison.

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Option 😄 trade a 2nd and 4th for Justin Fields, take Harrison at #2. Let Fields and Howell battle it out for future Commanders QB

Option d: trade for Fields, trade out of #2 pick with Atl or LV and get a haul back, including another 1st next year.

Option e: trade out of #2 and take one of the 2nd tier QB's while getting a haul of picks.

Pick your poison.

Option B

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Pick your poison.

If the fo thinks Caleb is the next mahomes, you go get him. The last 3 Superbowls have shown us that you don't need a qb on a rookie contract to win it. If you have a great qb and one security blanket for him, then you have a chance. Mahomes and kelce, Stafford and kupp.

We've gotta stop thinking just about the next 4-5 years. If you get a top 5 qb, your window doesn't close until he retires

Edited by mac8887

8 minutes ago, dunfer said:

did mahomes outplay purdy though? blocked extra point is all it was. Neither team looked great

Yes. Not that Purdy played badly overall (had a freezing cold 3rd quarter though), but take out Mahomes and that Chiefs offense is very very average. Kelce is their only elite player - Mahomes puts that team on his back and carries them. The 49ers are a far better football team top to bottom, but Mahomes is the best QB in the league.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, dunfer said:

KC would have gone for a TD instead of tying the game if San Fran had made the FG though. 

Here are their stats for the game for both QBs. 

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS RTG  
23/38 255 6.7 1 0 1-4 89.3

34/46 333 7.2 2 1 3-8 99.3

Edited by zCommander

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

KC would have gone for a TD instead of tying the game if San Fran had made the FG though. 

Here are their stats for the game for both QBs. 

23/38 255 6.7 1 0 1-4 89.3
Chiefs
Kansas City Passing

34/46 333 7.2 2 1 3-8 99.3

Mahomes also ran for 66 yards.

Anyone else worried this SB might have lessened our chances of being able to trade up for Caleb Williams?  It sounds almost simplistic to say this, but CW is almost always touted as the next Mahomes…. And if this is the case, will the Bears find themselves unable to say no to Caleb?

Edited by skinsarethebest

Just now, skinsarethebest said:

Anyone else worried this SB might have lessened our chances of being able to trade up for Caleb Williams?  It sounds almost simplistic to say this, but CW is almost always touted as the next Mahomes…. And if this is the case, will the Bears find themselves unable to say no to Caleb?

They were never gonna trade the pick

Just now, skinsfan66 said:

Purdy got a FG, Mahomes got a TD. in crunch time. Yes

yeah i didnt see it...from either team. I thought it all looked mediocre.nothing really looked elite to me tonight

• Thumb up 1