Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

You’ve spent the last month swearing we can’t judge a fifth round pick bc the team and coaching is bad. 

Which scenario sounds crazier ? 

You sounding like Lynnell Willingham on 106.7 the fan today lol

It was just nausatin listening to him today and how he just poured over Brissett and dissing Howell. The line changed when Brissett came in but nope that didn't matter to him at all and all he could say is how good the OL looked when Brissett came in. Whatever. 

Not saying Howell didn't make mistakes but come on a vet against Howell comparison. If anything Ron should have just started Brissett and then inserted Howell if it didn't pan out with Brissett and not he other way around especially on the year he is trying to prove himself as a winner. Ron has messed up this whole QB situation from the jump. I still stand behind Howell though. He is still a warrior. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Remember:

-Snyder is gone.

-Rivera and all of his staff are gone in two weeks.

-We've got an answer as to whether or not Howell is the QB going forward.

-We currently have the #3 pick in the draft.

-Starting Jacoby Brissett the last two weeks will shut up the "Jacoby would have taken this team to the playoffs" loud minority.

This season cannot end fast enough, but there is optimism on the horizon.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Remember:

-Snyder is gone.

-Rivera and all of his staff are gone in two weeks.

-We've got an answer as to whether or not Howell is the QB going forward.

-We currently have the #3 pick in the draft.

-Starting Jacoby Brissett the last two weeks will shut up the "Jacoby would have taken this team to the playoffs" loud minority.

This season cannot end fast enough, but there is optimism on the horizon.

Agree much to be excited about.

I wanted to move on from Ron as soon as it was clear new ownership was headed here.  But I didn't think I'd reach a boiling point about Ron where I couldn't stand even listening to him.  

It will be awesome to see this team run like a real team in two weeks.  Ron IMO being punchline clown like this season brings home how bad Dan and anything tied to Dan has been -- and hence make the new beginnings for me feel even sweeter.

I know on the GM-coaching thread some have favorites for those spots.  i am an easy sell, there are a bunch who intrigue me at both spots so i am an easy date on that front.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I mean guys, Justin Fields is the example you want to use. He hasn’t done ****. Use him lol 

Not sure that's a good example, he has never had a month this bad and he at least has elite traits with his size and speed

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For the supporting cast > QB crowd

Who is the backup and maybe they need to sign one? They have the best D in the NFL this year and up there every year.  Lamar was not a top 3 Pick, they built around him with a D,TE's , OL. added WR's this year. Ravens let the players fall to them and not reach while building the whole team. How many backups win more games than the starters? Philly did the same thing, what are those nos. Nice to have a really good QB that was not drafted top 3. that's how Baltimore does it. Philly too. When has the last top 3 QB won a superbowl? 

6 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Who is the backup and maybe they need to sign one? They have the best D in the NFL this year and up there every year.  Lamar was not a top 3 Pick, they built around him with a D,TE's , OL. added WR's this year. Ravens let the players fall to them and not reach while building the whole team. How many backups win more games than the starters? Philly did the same thing, what are those nos. Nice to have a really good QB that was not drafted top 3. that's how Baltimore does it. Philly too. When has the last top 3 QB won a superbowl? 

I’m not on either side of the fence (QB vs. Cast) but this is a good point. Lamar was not a top 3 guy.

16 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Philly went for Wentz, gave up major draft capital.  The #2 pick in the draft.  SF traded the moon for Lance.  Both considered two of the smarter FO's in the league.  But their philisophy is keep shooting all over the draft for the QB, including high until you get that guy.

lol, I don't know why I am bothering to debate this with you.  I got zero fear that the next FO will see things your way.  The odds are great you will be lamenting this off season if you are stuck on this point.   I feel like I am already defending the next regime before they arrive.  But will see.  I think your best shot of no QB is if they fall in love with Marvin Harrison Jr.

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m not on either side of the fence (QB vs. Cast) but this is a good point. Lamar was not a top 3 guy.

He wasn't.  Late first round.  But it doesn't take away from the point that he's a great QB.

Ravens lucked out on him.  I doubt a talent like that falls that way again.   Kyler Murray who can also run went #1.  I think Lamar helped set a template.  Can you run like that and survive in the league?  RG3 made the case no.  Lamar made the case, yes.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

12 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I’ll just ignore the gigantic difference in QBR, EPA, etc 

One was a first overall pick. The other was picked in the 5th. It’s that simple. Yes one guy will get much more of a leash. Life isn’t fair. 

One guy ended up being benched by a coach that was trying to use him to save his job. The answers are right in front of your face. 

That first line is ridiculous lol. Lawrence might not be a top QB but he’s definitely a good one. Jaguars are competing for their division and will likely be giving him a huge deal soon. 

Sam Howell will likely be a vet backup on a random team in the next 2 years. Let’s all relax a bit. 

IMG_2939.png

IMG_2940.png

It's not a Lawrence versus Sam reply so go ahead and spin it that way, that's all you got. Everyone of those 12 QB's above him have out played him and some on the other side this year. QB's no.s are just that, everybody in here know's Mahomes is the best . Purdy no.1? Drafted last.

10 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

They’re 8-7 and control their own destiny. And honestly I’m embarrassed for myself that I’m sitting here caping for a Jaguars QB but he’s playing through a high ankle sprain. 

His ankle sprain came after he missed wide open WR's constantly and the injury came late in the game 2 weeks ago. I have watched a lot of him this year. not to mention he plays in the weak division of the AFC.

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

image.png.b9ea529b9fabbdfb9d9da2c54426a646.png

Hearing from Keim among others about how Ron would kill for a win at the end of his tenure, coupled with Ron scoffing at fans for wanting losses, coupled with Brissett starting -- makes me hunger for losses in an even deeper way than purely for draft position.  

I'd even have to root for Sam Darnold if he starts this Sunday -- will see how bad Purdy's stinger is.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hearing from Keim among others about how Ron would kill for a win at the end of his tenure, coupled with Ron scoffing at fans for wanting losses, coupled with Brissett starting -- makes me hunger for losses in an even deeper way than purely for draft position.  

I'd even have to root for Sam Darnold if he starts this Sunday -- will see how bad Purdy's stinger is.

Watching you root for Darnold would be as enjoyable as seeing Ron retire and not be fired for 88.  :ols: 

If Ron wins against either team, I'll be pissed. Cowboys on the road worries me, but if the Eagles beat the Cards and they will, that means the Cowboys play on the road in the playoffs.

• Like 1

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If Ron starts Brissett and somehow wins a game, I hope whoever is at the games dumps their beer on him when he exits FedEx Field for the last time.

My God Bro Plays for the 9ers so I'll be there.

I'll be the guy sitting behind the 49ers bench letting them know how much they suck while they cave our faces in.

I got that big arm intangible tho. I might be able to get a drink into Ron's vicinity if I can step into the throw.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree much to be excited about.

I wanted to move on from Ron as soon as it was clear new ownership was headed here.  But I didn't think I'd reach a boiling point about Ron where I couldn't stand even listening to him.  

It will be awesome to see this team run like a real team in two weeks.  Ron IMO being punchline clown like this season brings home how bad Dan and anything tied to Dan has been -- and hence make the new beginnings for me feel even sweeter.

I know on the GM-coaching thread some have favorites for those spots.  i am an easy sell, there are a bunch who intrigue me at both spots so i am an easy date on that front.

Could it be that RR knew he was a dead man walking this year as they would want their own FO and HC?

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If Ron starts Brissett and somehow wins a game, I hope whoever is at the games dumps their beer on him when he exits FedEx Field for the last time.

Why?  Where value does this have in it?

Edited by RWJ

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

QBs seem to play different when they come off the bench then when they have a week to think about it.  I don't know.