Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

27 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I think it's $44k for being active and $125k for a win.

So, the bench for $44k and not catch an ass kicking, while making himself look worse going into the offseason.

Taylor has been taking a ass kicking all 3 years, would be nothing new but he is 5-2-1 and lived through it on a 5 mil contract that he earned the hard way.  Hope Howell holds up well and that the team finally has a future QB on the roster, on a rookie contract instead of another 28/40mil Chuck and Duck bust the team is so fond of. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, skinsfan66 said:

Taylor has been taking an ass kicking all 3 years, would be nothing new but he is 5-2-1 and lived through it on a 5 mil contract that he earned the hard way.  Hope Howell holds up well and that the team finally has a future QB on the roster, on a rookie contract instead of another 28/40mil Chuck and Duck bust the team is so fond of. 

Oh you mean taking ass and kicking names?

5 hours ago, theTruthTeller said:

They went 6-7 after being a preseason top 10 team and two of those wins were Wofford and Georgia State.  It's always the quarterbacks fault.  His numbers were down from previous years though.

Yea but if approximately 3,000 passing yards, 24 tds and 9 ints is a down year, then this dude must be pretty dag on good. Lol.

12 minutes ago, MrJL said:

considering up till then he was winning or tying; no, he didn't

And yet many of us were calling for his benching going into the bye week because the wheels were obviously coming off as the spark faded the longer he played. Many of us knew we wouldn’t be winning games after the bye if we stuck with the status quo. And we didn’t, not one. So were we clairvoyant, or do you think it’s possible the topic is a little more nuanced than you’re describing, which is essentially the (poorly thought-out) idea that wins are a QB stat. I’m thinking you should dig a little deeper into how Heinicke was playing before the bye. Because my lack of a fantasy football championship this year makes it clear that I’m not, in fact, clairvoyant. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Well it's settled then

Funny man. But the serious matter is that Turner is not an ideal steward of an NFL offense. Against that Dallas D, his deficiencies (which are legion) will be amplified. He is in over his head. 

20 minutes ago, Conn said:

And yet many of us were calling for his benching going into the bye week because the wheels were obviously coming off as the spark faded the longer he played. Many of us knew we wouldn’t be winning games after the bye if we stuck with the status quo. And we didn’t, not one. So were we clairvoyant, or do you think it’s possible the topic is a little more nuanced than you’re describing, which is essentially the (poorly thought-out) idea that wins are a QB stat. I’m thinking you should dig a little deeper into how Heinicke was playing before the bye. Because my lack of a fantasy football championship this year makes it clear that I’m not, in fact, clairvoyant. 

he only played two games after the bye and the biggest problem with the second Giants game was a terrible game plan in the first half. 

2 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Funny man. But the serious matter is that Turner is not an ideal steward of an NFL offense. Against that Dallas D, his deficiencies (which are legion) will be amplified. He is in over his head. 

Nah nothing against what you were saying, opportunity was just there

21 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

76dc96.jpg

the problem I have with all these posts criticizing Heinicke with this kind of thought is that that's what I want from this team.  When we have Heinicke in we acknowledge those are our strengths and play that way(most of the time) and when we don't, we don't

36 minutes ago, Conn said:

Problem is that most here were advocating for Wentz to replace him, which was never going to produce better results.

• Like 1

With Heinicke likely being done in DC too, I will say I think a lot of the frustration sent his way, that was often confused for hate for the guy himself, was more the frustration at the overall QB situation.  It is more the fact that they have had to rely on a QB2 to captain the ship for almost 2 season's worth of football here.  Heinicke did what he could do, and while his ceiling definitely was apparent, I don't really blame him for playing to the best of his abilities and more the coaching staff and front office for not finding viable options at the starting QB position since being hired 3 seasons ago. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Problem is that most here were advocating for Wentz to replace him, which was never going to produce better results.

Scouts say judging QB play or predicting it is perhaps the hardest thing to do in sports.  So any "absolutes" like never, etc -- doesn't often come in to play.  Wentz has struggled but he has had a way better career than Heinicke so the idea that he was never going to play better than Taylor, I think is impossible to know until it plays out, especially considering the two best offensive output games this season was with Wentz.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Panninho said:

I’m speaking for the few of us who were accused of trying to get Rivera fired for coaching malpractice by advocating for Howell to get the rest of the year to see if HE could provide the spark we needed—but I’ll admit that I was satisfied with getting final data points on Wentz as a consolation. Wentz sucking major eggs doesn’t retroactively mean Heinicke was getting it done. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Wait…

Heinicke is (reportedly) the reason Howell is starting now? 

That’s… something.

If I wanted to be a conspiracy theoriest.  I've talked about it all season long, Taylor seems to want no piece of Dallas. 😀  

Hey Sam, this is your buddy Taylor, I am looking out for you, go beat Dallas without Robinson-Gibson to boot, the same defense I've implied that own me and the rest of the NFL, enjoy! 😀

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-best-defensive-line-ass-beat-micah-parsons-randy-gregory

Cowboys Have 'Best D-Line in NFL,' Praises 'Ass-Beaten' Opposing QB

"You guys (have) seen it, that (Dallas) defense isn't just doing it to us, they're doing it to almost every team they play," Heinicke said.

"They have a really good defensive line, probably the best in the league.'' 

To say Heinicke and his offense struggled against Dallas' defense would be an understatement. In his last two starts, both against the Cowboys, Washington was outscored 83-34. Overall, Heinicke completed just 18 of 47 attempted passes for 243 yards, two touchdowns, three interceptions, and a quarterback rating of 42.25.

He was also sacked eight times and pressured on 38.1 percent of drop-backs.

"I mean those guys get after it up front," Heinicke said. "They have a really good defensive line, probably the best in the league. They got some DBs that make plays, I mean (Trevon) Diggs has what, 12 picks this year? It's just a really good defense, and when you play a team like that and you get down quick and you've got to throw the ball to get back in the game it's tough, those guys want to pin their ears back and get after you. And they have a really good offense as well. They have a really good team. They beat our ass twice, and we've just got to learn from it."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4