Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Nothing should be done with QB this offseason except cut Wentz and recoup 28 mil in cap space.  Resign Payne, upgrade OL via free agency and draft.  We are stuck with Ron because the pending sale will make the head coach position impossible to fill with any reasonably talented head coach.  Allow new ownership to hire the front office, allow the front office to hire coaching staff, allow coaching staff to plan for the QB of the future in 2024 draft or free agency.  No way Ron has proven he should be trusted with any personnel decisions that will steer the direction of the franchise for the foreseeable future.  

• Like 3

Personally, aside from some dream scenario for Carr being cut and reworking his deal and Howell looking like a dumpster fire on Sunday, I’m cool with rolling into next season with Howell as the guy.  I see no reason to have Ron making big costly deals for a QB to pair with Scott Turner, given the likely sale of the team.  Let’s just coast and cross our fingers.  If Howell ends up the goods, great.  If he’s bad, a new regime gets a top draft pick.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Personally, aside from some dream scenario for Carr being cut and reworking his deal and Howell looking like a dumpster fire on Sunday, I’m cool with rolling into next season with Howell as the guy.  I see no reason to have Ron making big costly deals for a QB to pair with Scott Turner, given the likely sale of the team.  Let’s just coast and cross our fingers.  If Howell ends up the goods, great.  If he’s bad, a new regime gets a top draft pick.

Agreed. Don't let Ron nor Dan make ANY major moves at this point.

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I find we have a lot of fans that run with narratives that have no motive, this QB scenario is just another one on the pile.

It’s much more likely the media got it wrong or ran with something not fully vetted than it is that Ron would care so much what social media thinks, he’s going to change everything and bow down to the Tweet Mafia.

Plenty of stuff to be unhappy with Ron about of late, why not make stuff up.  🤣

I read through 10 pages of fans ripping Ron for a decision he didn't even make. No one cares to wait to verify anything anymore. This team is a negative energy dumpster. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I have accepted the 2023 season is going to be another struggle.  Heinicke and Howell can compete for the starting position in camp. Either can hold down the fort with no worse results than we witnessed this season, provided we improve the OL.  Snyder will not fire coaches and payout contracts so we are stuck with Rivera and the clown car of assistant coaches for the 2023 season.  Hopefully the sale is finalized this summer and new ownership can clean house and prepare for 2024 after the 2023 season.  

Good QBs like Carr don't hit free agency too often, I don't like the fact we're looking at next year as a mulligan, or a free pass for the new owner, I know the window between the purchase and free agency is tight but I think pressure needs to be applied immediately to the new owner to have their **** together and be ready to obtain talent. If you can spend $7B to buy the team then have your people ready to go day one so we can get better next year.

11 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Rivera alluded to this in his presser.  Good guy Heinicke.

Heinicke remembers the game plan that Scott Turner had for Kayvon Thibodeaux.  I would offer to let Howell start as well.  Good business decision.  😂

Edited by R3dskinFan
  • Haha 9

9 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Rivera alluded to this in his presser.  Good guy Heinicke.

So it turns out that RiverDope didn't even have the cajones to make the decision himself. He needed a friggin'  push from Taylor to make the move.

Sheesh...this whole crew can't get out of here fast enough for me.

I tell you one thing "The Destroyer of Worlds" and "love 'em and leave 'em Jose" ain't gonna put up with this indecisive mess if they get hold of the team.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, R3dskinFan said:

Heinicke remembers the defensive game plan that RBR had for Kayvon Thibodeaux.  I would offer to let Howell start as well.  Good business decision.  😂

Heinicke gets a bonus if he plays 60% of the snaps, so it's a bad business decision.

• Sad 1