Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

9 minutes ago, profusion said:

my take from that amount of time is that Wentz is sort of "Cousins with a big arm". He'll get into a groove for a while during a game and you'll think that he's really the guy, but then that killer mistake is always right around the corner.

Wentz isn't anywhere near in the league of Cousins (who has now had three 4th quarter comebacks in consecutive weeks).  

• Thumb up 1

Wentz by game

1.  Jacksonville:  Solid

2.  Detroit:  Meh (terrible first half, solid second half)

3.  Philly:  Bad

4.  Dallas:  Meh

5.  Tennessee:  Solid

He hasn't had a really good game yet.  In 5 games he has been solid twice, meh twice, and just plain bad once in my opinion.  Against Tennessee we had no running game so we were constantly behind the chains.

• Thanks 1

Its not fair to Cousins to compare Wentz to him. Cousins is a legitimate good QB. Not elite or anything, but definitely in that 2nd tier. This team with Cousins makes the playoffs last year and is probably 3-1 so far this year. 

Wentz is a slightly more athletic and non ahole Jeff George.

10 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Jalen Hurts was 4th in 2020. Lamar Jackson was, what, 5th in 2018? 

Just gotta invest in someone with talent, intelligence, and work ethic and make sure everyone in the organization is all in on his development.

Right ! Like the rest of the team doesn’t matter. QB will fix everything!HAHAHA same **** different day

1 hour ago, profusion said:

I've only watched about three quarters of actions this season, but my take from that amount of time is that Wentz is sort of "Cousins with a big arm". He'll get into a groove for a while during a game and you'll think that he's really the guy, but then that killer mistake is always right around the corner.

He's not horrible, but he's also not the guy to carry a bad team on his shoulders.

LOL.  Wentz WISHES he was Cousins right about now.  It's hilarious that Cousins gets knocked for being anti-clutch, when we have the most anti-clutch QB in the league by far in Wentz.  I had absolutely NO faith that we were punching it in down near the goaline.  If Cousins is in the same spot yesterday, we win that game.  You could put half the QB's in the league in that same exact spot with the same time remaining, and they would deliver.  Before yesterday, I thought that Wentz was inaccurate and immobile.  Now I think you can add just plain dumb to his list.  No matter what coach he plays under, he's still making the same damn mistakes he's been making since year 1.  Ultimately, we should've been down there with at least 1 timeout, so that we could possibly run the ball if given the chance.  Rivera is just as dumb a coach as Wentz is a QB, and Scott Turner an OC.  We have the holy trinity of stupid on offense.

Edited by samy316

It was funny I was sure Carson's 2nd to last pass was intercepted. Forcing it into tight coverage probably not even in the end zone. And then on the do-over - no doubt it was intercepted. Same crappy play call same crappy pass short of the goal line in tight coverage.

Edited by RandyHolt

I went back and watched that INT at the end and you can clearly see Wentz doesn't take his eyes off of McKissic as soon as the ball is snapped. He doesn't look at anyone else at all. The defender saw that too and was able to intercept instead. I know others have also pointed this out as well the Wentz stares down his WRs.

Does Turner not see that too?

For example: One thing about Brady I always liked is that he would look to his right and left really quick and throw in the middle. Almost like a robot. Brady was always going to throw in the middle but the quick head motion keeps the defenders honest at least. Other QBs do it too but not to the perfection Brady use to do it with. Wentz doesn't do it at all. Is this Turner's teaching?

One thing I always liked about the greatest QB to ever play the sport is…

Okay, I’ll stop you there.

I keep seeing Brady get brought up a lot of late.  I guess it’s because he’s not mobile so he’s being cited as an example of how Wentz should be playing.

Looking off defenders is something that primarily only elite level passers are doing on a regular basis.  

Out of all 32 current starters in the league, probably Brady and Rodgers are the only two dudes regularly doing this.  Most QBs, a lot of the time, are staring at their primary receiver.  Particularly when they have bad Olines.  

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

One thing I always liked about the greatest QB to ever play the sport is…

Okay, I’ll stop you there.

I keep seeing Brady get brought up a lot of late.  I guess it’s because he’s not mobile so he’s being cited as an example of how Wentz should be playing.

Looking off defenders is something that primarily only elite level passers are doing on a regular basis.  

Out of all 32 current starters in the league, probably Brady and Rodgers are the only two dudes regularly doing this.  Most QBs, a lot of the time, are staring at their primary receiver.  Particularly when they have bad Olines.  

What about the no look pass from Stafford? He is no where elite of a QB though. I wasn't even comparing Wentz to Brady. Not sure how you saw it that way. I clearly said for example. I was talking about the mechanics or looking the other way but still keeping your receiver in your view and throwing to them. Age has nothing to do with it. 

1 hour ago, philibusters said:

Wentz by game

1.  Jacksonville:  Solid

2.  Detroit:  Meh (terrible first half, solid second half)

3.  Philly:  Bad

4.  Dallas:  Meh

5.  Tennessee:  Solid

He hasn't had a really good game yet.  In 5 games he has been solid twice, meh twice, and just plain bad once in my opinion.  Against Tennessee we had no running game so we were constantly behind the chains.

Lol,...this is how pathetic Carson is, solid game #1 he threw back to back picks while we were leading late in the game and one was silly. Game #2 yesterday he threw a pick on 3rd down from the 2 yard line for the win after making two horrible throws on 1st and 2nd down. Give me a break with your solid rating.

Did you see the play yesterday where Carson waddled to the side line and couldnt even beat the 300 DL to the edge and if we had a QB that could it would of gone for 20yds. Third down time for a Carson 50/50 ball. The guy is washed, philly reject. He is single handle preventing us from winning games.

So many of you forget TH had us on a 5 game run and you selectively remember games late were his 1st and 2nd TE were out, he had one WR in Terry, no JD Mckisic and he was on his fourth center.

Carson arm...big deal...everything else TH does better, much better!

4 minutes ago, zCommander said:

What about the no look pass from Stafford? He is no where elite of a QB though. I wasn't even comparing Wentz to Brady. Not sure how you saw it that way. I clearly said for example. I was talking about the mechanics or looking the other way but still keeping your receiver in your view and throwing to them. Age has nothing to do with it. 

Stafford also happens to be a guy who stares down his primary receiver, hence all the pick sixes.  I’m sure Wentz has some cool throws in his catalog as well, along with some real doozies. 

My point is that Brady, and Rodgers as well, are exceptions to the rule.  Most guys, even the good ones like Stafford, have a tendency to stare down the primary read.  Even moreso, when the protection has been bad.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Stafford also happens to be a guy who stares down his primary receiver, hence all the pick sixes.  I’m sure Wentz has some cool throws in his catalog as well, along with some real doozies. 

My point is that Brady, and Rodgers as well, are exceptions to the rule.  Most guys, even the good ones like Stafford, have a tendency to stare down the primary read.  Even moreso, when the protection has been bad.

But on the INT I thought the protection was not bad at all. I think Wentz stares down too much though. 

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I meant bad Oline play in general, not on any particular play.  There is no confidence, leading to skittish play for most non-mobile, non-elite QBs.

If you look at the picture I posted above of the 2nd down play you can see not a single defenders is in Wentz face but he continues to stare down his WR in the middle and didn't even try to scan the field to see if another WR (to his right) is open in case he needs to go to them. Maybe this who Wentz is I guess. 

I don't put that final series all on Carson.  The photos illustrate how limited his options were.  Of course the O-line held up as there was a 3 man rush... Id hope they could hold off 3 guys with 4-5 blocking.  The problem was the Titans knew our options were limited and wouldn't run so everyone drops in coverage.  

Hindsight is 20-20 but having no time out killed us.  The ability to run the ball there keeps the defense more honest.   What happened to the end-around with Samuel?  Seems like thats been missing since the first game.  On that last play a run with Robinson would have scored.

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

If you look at the picture I posted above of the 2nd down play you can see not a single defenders is in Wentz face but he continues to stare down his WR in the middle and didn't even try to scan the field to see if another WR (to his right) is open in case he needs to go to them. Maybe this who Wentz is I guess. 

It's hard to tell if a QB looks for other receivers from a still photo, though...sometimes QBs move their eyes without moving their heads. You usually hear commentators saying things like the CB was looking at the QB's eyes, not that they're looking at the QB's head lol...(ellipsis after the "lol" 👍 )

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1