Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

29 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I just want to point out on the first drive of the game, there were 3 throws which none of our QBs (except Haskins, RIP) over the past 2 years had available to them because of arm talent.  

NONE.  

Dude has looked good to me honestly. He’s doing all the easy stuff they said he was too stupid to do. 

Middle of the game Wes Schwitzer went out and the offense sputtered, but we are ****ing good. Defense looked very good. Offense looked very good at times.

Eventually Wentz is gonna build real rhythm with Terry and Dot and his TEs and it's just gonna get better.

When BRob is back and we can pound it, it'll get even better. We know we'll be a second half team and that looked like the best start we've had in years. 

Arizona Chiefs game is what happens when you invest in LB first and secondary second and ignore your line for the Cards.

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Middle of the game Wes Schwitzer went out and the offense sputtered, but we are ****ing good. Defense looked very good. Offense looked very good at times.

Eventually Wentz is gonna build real rhythm with Terry and Dot and his TEs and it's just gonna get better.

When BRob is back and we can pound it, it'll get even better. We know we'll be a second half team and that looked like the best start we've had in years. 

Arizona Chiefs game is what happens when you invest in LB first and secondary second and ignore your line for the Cards.

Yeah I said going into the game my only concern really was our OL vs. their DL. When they held up we basically scored at will. The stalled drives were DL breakdowns(or turnovers). 

Running game looked real good today. Gibson looked so much better running it and I love the wrinkle of Samuel run plays(fumble not withstanding).

Wentz will throw picks but he's also going to rack up yards and TDs and our overall offense should hover around top 10(but closer to 10 than 1).

• Like 2

Looking at it again that 2nd pick was just a ridiculous play by Walker. I don't know if there are three other guys in the league who can athletically make that play. A bad throw/decision for sure but against 99% of the league its an incompletion at worst.

Just now, Captain Wiggles said:

They gave up almost 400 yards, 120 on the ground, n 24 first downs. Now they were better on 3rd down than years past. Very good today they were not.

The front four were really good. The rest of the D besides Forest were terrible.

Not sure what the deal is with Fuller and WJ3. They just look so slow. We spent too much on them to not be at least above average starting CBs. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Alexa said:

This is kinda what I expected from Wentz. Bad turnovers, missed easy throws, and mixed in some big plays. 

If this was a better team then it is a loss and those two horrible turnovers are more glaring. Remember, this was the Jags.  

Yeah I agree but with that said the ability to score 28 points despite 3 turnovers is pretty impressive. In years past we get 3 turnovers we lose by double digits against anybody.

• Like 4

Wentz was Wentz, basically.

Made some great plays, made some dumb plays. Fortunately, the really great plays outpaced the really bad ones. Both INTs were on him: he completely stared down Dotson the entire time on the first throw (he also waited too long to pull the trigger), and on the second he just made a boneheaded decision to throw it into so much traffic (though it was also a really good defensive play by Walker as well).

On another note, I'd like to point out that Taylor Heinicke had a completion percentage of 100 and threw 0 INTs. So that could be a big choice coming up for Rivera.

• Haha 1