Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yeah, pretty sure there was some anti Wentz vibes going on from the owners suite long before that Jax game. From the sound of it, all season long it was a negative environment for him.

The vaccine I think was the initial tension.  But watching Hard Knock unfold I think they played up so much how "special" that team was including having all the pro bowlers, etc -- that they were somewhat a team of destiny in their own eyes.  They were super hot for a stretch.  And for Irsay to think so little of Jacksonville and them losing that game, it was devastating.  On another note, Irsay's comments on Jacksonville were even more insulting than the ones on Wentz.  That's going to give Jacksonville bullentin board material for years. :ols:

From what I've picked up, most players like Wentz but actually ironically like Kirk he's not everyone's cup of tea so when Irsay found some players just not digging Wentz, he used that as an excuse to say hey he's not the right guy.  But I don't get the impression that Wentz is like RG3 where he puts a lot of people off with arrogance.

But as Keim said recently covering teams its not uncommon for players not to all love each other -- different personalities, etc and that's typically not a deal breaker.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The vaccine I think was the initial tension.  But watching Hard Knock unfold I think they played up so much how "special" that team was including having all the pro bowlers, etc -- that they were somewhat a team of destiny in their own eyes.  They were super hot for a stretch.  And for Irsay to think so little of Jacksonville and them losing that game, it was devastating.  On another note, Irsay's comments on Jacksonville were even more insulting than the ones on Wentz.  That's going to give Jacksonville bullentin board material for years. :ols:

From what I've picked up, most players like Wentz but actually ironically like Kirk he's not everyone's cup of tea so when Irsay found some players just not digging Wentz, he used that as an excuse to say hey he's not the right guy.

But as Keim said recently covering teams its not uncommon for players not to all love each other -- different personalities, etc and that's typically not a deal breaker.

The Colts haven't won in Jax since 2014, so I don't think Irsay needs to be running his mouth, but that's never stopped him. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Wentz wasn't the only big name player on the Colts to not get the vax.

But as usual the QB gets scapegoated.

I remember Darius Leonard and Quenton Nelson (actually more or less the whole starting O-line, besides the RT I believe) are among the unvaxxed Colts players. But yeah, as you've said, QB is different.

Edited by Vandelay_Industries

32 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

The Colts haven't won in Jax since 2014, so I don't think Irsay needs to be running his mouth, but that's never stopped him. 

Yeah that's what's stunning to me about it.  But watching that Hard Knocks it really struck me how special that team thought they were -- a bit arrogant IMO.  Reich comes off like a nice guy but really lays it on thick on that front.   I've watched almost every Hard Knocks season but that team might have been the most full of itself among the ones I've watched -- not in a flamboyant way though.  It's hard to explain but they weren't Deon Sanders style in your face confident but it came off that they really didn't think their crap stinks.   And Irsay imbued that for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I watched that last episode of Hard Knox when they lost to Jacksonville. -- the doom and gloom vibe of that game during it and the aftermath of it felt even more intense than the 2016 loss here to the Giants.  Some reporters if I recall Mike Jones was one of them, at the time strongly hinted that inside the building (assuming Dan and Bruce) they were fuming so much about that loss that it basically sank the Kirk) negotiations from the jump in January.  Kirk himself later on suggested if they would have won that game he still probably would be here -- If I recall he said that in a podcast. 

I always pointed back to that game and said it was an indication that the combination of Jay and Kirk could not work here.  I posted losing that game was a fireable offense for Jay. Even though it was a bad look for Kirk, I put it more on Jay.  Which will surprise exactly zero posters on this board that I put it on Jay.  HOWEVER, up to that point, I was absolutely NOT as anti-Jay as I would later become.  That game was basically the last straw for me with Jay.  (Though, with the benefit of hindsight and some cooling off period, I've become much more accepting of Jay.  My new and improved self, I guess.)

It was also a bad look for Kirk.  But my thought on Kirk at the time was he was a good (not great) QB playing for an average at best coach, and if we got a better coach who could prepare the team, he would be "fine."

Maybe I was right, maybe I was wrong about Kirk.  Jury is still out, amazingly.  Though I think it's trending towards he's less fine than maybe I thought he was. 

I fully agree that the 'Skins goofed up the negotiations with Kirk.  But I also think the Vikings (and Jets) were absolutely MAD to pay him the type of money he was asking for.  He was never worth it.  And I'm glad Dan/Bruce/GMSM (when he was here) didn't pay him $30m guaranteed per year coming off of 2016/2017.  

I recall Keim saying that they tried to rebound some with the negotiations that Spring and kiss up some.  But in short it felt like Kirk and his agent got a scolding for that game and that colored the negotiations from the jump.  I mentioned this at the time many times just based on different beat guys sharing what they heard.

Yeah, that loss was a HUGE factor.  What's interesting though, if I am not mistaken, that they EXTENDED Jay after that loss.  It might have been after the 2017 season, but for some reason I think it was after 2016.  I could be wrong about that.  One way or the other, I think Dan/Bruce blamed Kirk entirely for the loss.  I think that was unfair.  Even though he played like week old dog poop. 

I am bringing this up here because it feels so apples to apples to that.  The difference was Irsay was even more upset than our brass and just wanted Wentz gone.   Listening to Irsay you'd feel that they lost to some JV team with the season on the line and it was the worst loss in NFL history.  And like our brass probably putting the game squarely on Kirk, even though the rest of the team stunk that day too.  Irsay put that loss all on Wentz even though the Colts defense stunk and heck even Taylor had a bad day.

I agree, it's totally apples to apples.  I'm not sure which one is worse, to be honest.  

I think (and this is hard for some people to believe) but Irsay is a BAD owner.  Not as bad as Dan.  But he has a lot of the same impulsive traits as Dan.   But he's had 2 things go for him that Dan hasn't: 1. The organization hired Bill Polian as the head executive to run the football ops in 1997, and in 1998, they drafted Peyton Effing Manning.  2. After Manning left, they drafted Andrew Luck. And actually a third: there isn't a concerted effort by the national and local media to attack him every 3 weeks.  (And as I keep saying, Dan brings this on himself, but damn if he isn't in the media's crosshairs for everything.)

There is something personal between Irsay and Wentz.  If Dan had come out after 2016 and just flat out said "we're not re-signing Kirk.  Period."  It would have turned all of the KIrk haters into Kirk Jerks.  

But yeah it feels like we hopefully benefited from the raw emotion after shock of them getting knocked out of the playoffs by the Jags.  And cleary Irsay seems to suggest Wentz doesn't have that "it" factor and alluded to others in the locker room likewise feel the same. 

I think we got a "good" QB that has upside.  I also think having an entirely new start with an entirely new cast, no link back to Philly, will be good for Wentz.  Scott Turner seems to be able to get along with anybody, and he has tailored his offense to fit whatever the QB he has can do.  Ron actually mentioned that in his breakfast presser on Tuesday: he said something to the effect of they know the things which are currently in the Commander's offense which Carson doesn't do well.  And they are going to see if he CAN do them well.  If he can't, they will remove them from the playbook.  I think that's an absolutely wonderful thing to hear.  

Personally I like the deal.  I think he has major upside.  And from everything I've seen, his personality seems fine.  But will see...

I like it too.  I'm not grumpy about the 2 picks.  I also know that if they start out absolutely horribly, they will bench Wentz and play whoever (probably a rookie) and preserve the 2nd rounder in 2023.  They can get out of the contract with no issue.  I don't think it will come to that. 

If Wentz was in this draft, he would be the #1 #1 overall pick, and it wouldn't be remotely close.  He was the best of the available options to the Commanders.  I'm THRILLED they avoided the Watson debacle.  Wilson was going to the AFC and Rodgers was staying put. 

Of the remaining options, Wentz, Jimmy G., Mitch, Marcus Mariota, Dalton, etc, I like Wentz's upside the best.  

Compared to the 2 recent additions to the pool, Ryan and Mayfield, I think Ryan has had a better career, but he's nearer the end than the beginning.  And best case you're looking again in 2 years.  Baker Baker the Touchdown Maker, eh, I actually like his moxy.  I think there's something there.  He was hurt some of last year.  I MIGHT have taken a flier on him over Wentz if the draft compensation was less and obviously the salary is less.  MAYBE.  MAYBE NOT.  It would really come down to which one Scott Turner thought would be more effective in his system.  

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 7:33 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That's news to me, considering you were up in here blabbing about how awful of a trade this was because "for every player that likes him, there are two that hate him".  

I never forget, and I'm still waiting for you to prove that - and here you are, abandoning that narrative and hunkering down with he's just not a good QB now.  🤣

" In having conversations w/ trusted veterans on the team, so to speak, when you speak to them in confidence, often they share really, what's happening. What I found out was very concerning."  - Jim irsay

So this sounds like he talked w/ multiple players who really don't want him either. This wasn't one player, this was multiple players, " trusted veterans" as he put it. Now I do take back the word "hate" if I in fact said that. I doubt that players hate him, but it's pretty obvious they don't think much of him when it comes to playing QB. They don't think much of him when it comes to being a leader. The guy was complaining about how no one appreciates him to other injured players during the SB run and then got checked by Darron Sproles. All this is out there it's all true.

Wentz is mentally weak  in my opinion. He should welcome competition. The best guys aren't bothered by it. Instead he is bothered by it, it was pretty obvious he couldn't deal with it when the Eagles drafted Hurts. He had his worst year when they drafted Hurts. That should tell you all you need to know right there. 

So you have two teams who moved on from him. Do YOU know more than they do??  Do YOU know more about Wentz than Irsay does? Ballard? Reich? Doug Peterson? Deuce Staley? Howie Roseman?  No you don't. If all those guys said we'll pass then please explain how he is going to come here to this rag tag franchise and make it work w/ Scott Turner? Ballard was quoted in his end of the year meeting w/ Wentz and said, " you can't hit the lay ups." Meaning he simply misses too many easy throws that any NFL back-up can make.

The trade wasn't a good one and I still believe that. I don't think much of him as a leader and he is a bottom tier starter. I'd rather go w/ Heinicke and a rookie 1st or 2nd rounder and keep the draft picks.  He had several bad games w/ the Colts. When the players do not believe in the QB then you don't have a QB. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Alexa said:

" In having conversations w/ trusted veterans on the team, so to speak, when you speak to them in confidence, often they share really, what's happening. What I found out was very concerning."  - Jim irsay

So this sounds like he talked w/ multiple players who really don't want him either. This wasn't one player, this was multiple players, " trusted veterans" as he put it. Now I do take back the word "hate" if I in fact said that. I doubt that players hate him, but it's pretty obvious they don't think much of him when it comes to playing QB. They don't think much of him when it comes to being a leader. The guy was complaining about how no one appreciates him to other injured players during the SB run and then got checked by Darron Sproles. All this is out there it's all true.

Wentz is mentally weak  in my opinion. He should welcome competition. The best guys aren't bothered by it. Instead he is bothered by it, it was pretty obvious he couldn't deal with it when the Eagles drafted Hurts. He had his worst year when they drafted Hurts. That should tell you all you need to know right there. 

So you have two teams who moved on from him. Do YOU know more than they do??  Do YOU know more about Wentz than Irsay does? Ballard? Reich? Doug Peterson? Deuce Staley? Howie Roseman?  No you don't. If all those guys said we'll pass then please explain how he is going to come here to this rag tag franchise and make it work w/ Scott Turner? Ballard was quoted in his end of the year meeting w/ Wentz and said, " you can't hit the lay ups." Meaning he simply misses too many easy throws that any NFL back-up can make.

The trade wasn't a good one and I still believe that. I don't think much of him as a leader and he is a bottom tier starter. I'd rather go w/ Heinicke and a rookie 1st or 2nd rounder and keep the draft picks.  He had several bad games w/ the Colts. When the players do not believe in the QB then you don't have a QB. 

So you wait weeks to come back with what Irsay said, which is the equivalent of a huge nothing burger.  Nameless BS, when we have confirmations from the most important players in the Colts locker room that they respect, appreciate and will miss Wentz.

You're now doubling down by naming a bunch of people that have never said so much as a bad word about him, as proof that you know what you're talking about.  Even more sad, you are taking what Jim Irsay has to say to have value.  That's about the equivalent of the drunk guy on the street that told Jerry Jones to draft Johnny Manziel.  

You should have just stayed in hiding, rather than waiting around for a nothing burger that you think validates the erroneous statements you made a while back.  It's okay to just admit that you don't much at all and you're shooting this opinion from your emotional hip.  No need to pretend anything that has transpired confirms what you think of him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Just saying.  Rodgers hated it when Love was drafted in the 1st.  Brady hated it when they spent a 2nd rounder on Jimmy G.  McNabb hated it when they spent a 2nd rounder on Kevin Kolb.

Seems like this is more of a general QB reaction to a high pick used on someone who could take your job.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Alexa said:

So a couple of things:

1. I think we forget that we're asking 20-somethings to be as mature as 40-somethings a lot of times. Maturity is sometimes something that comes with age and experience.  I was a career rocket ship in my early 20's, and I was arrogant as hell, put in situations which were I was in way over my head, they hired a person a couple years in to help me (I realize this with the benefit of hindsight) and I took it BADLY.  Like REALLY badly.  Completely knocked me off my rocker.  I lashed out.  Lost focus.  Became overly completive and combative.  Now I'm in my 40's, and I would handle the situation differently. Was I mentally weak?  I don't actually think so. Was I immature?  Absolutely.  Did I have the arrogance of youth?  Yup.  Did I understand what was really going on?  Nope.  Did it cost me a lot in the end?  Yup.  Did I grow from it, and handle situations differently later?  Absolutely.   

2. Wentz was kindof open about the fact he wasn't really ready for Philly having come from the rural mid-west.  It probably was the absolute worst situation for him to go into personally.  FWIW, I think our area here is going to be kinder to him, especially if he performs.  Hell, we have a group of the fan base who are willing to go to war for a backup QB who probably won't be in the league in 2 years.  If he plays well, he's going to be accepted.

3. If (and it appears as though this is the case, at the moment) Irsay made the unilateral decision to dump Wentz for personal reasons, then that colors the reason Wentz was exited differently than if Reich dumped him.  We all know Dan.  Irsay isn't THAT much different than Dan.  He's obnoxious, impulsive, arrogant and rude.  Can you picture Dan walking up to Ron and company and saying, "We're getting rid of Player X, do it, or you're next?"  I can.  And I can absolutely see Irsay doing the same thing.  And given I don't think either Reich or Ballard WANTS to get fired, I can see them capitulating.  

I like the trade insofar as I think it was the best possible option. If we end up giving up a 3rd and a 2nd, then Wetnz played well enough to be the starter all year and we're probably in playoff contention.  If he didn't, it cost us 2 3rds, which is unfortunate, but not the end of the world. The cap room isn't that big a deal for 1 year, and IF he plays well, he's on a very manageable cap number for the remainder of his contract.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Just saying.  Rodgers hated it when Love was drafted in the 1st.  Brady hated it when they spent a 2nd rounder on Jimmy G.  McNabb hated it when they spent a 2nd rounder on Kevin Kolb.

Seems like this is more of a general QB reaction to a high pick used on someone who could take your job.

Yeah, I didn't even bother to address this in my response but you're correct.

The whole "embrace competition" thing is a fluff point that's not real.  Not just for QB's but any position.  Everyone sees drafting their potential replacement to be insulting, particularly players that have a history of playing well, less so for players that haven't been very good.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

24 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Irsay said that stuff without naming any names. Plenty of players have come out publicly and said they support Wentz and liked him.

What's more likely: that the players who came out publicly and said that they support and liked Wentz are just straight up lying through their teeth, or that Irsay is an egomaniacal asshole who will do anything possible to try and trash Wentz because he hates him personally so he basically just made up stuff that "trusted veterans" said?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I don't think the issue is so much that players take exception to their potential replacements when they are entrenched starters (Heck, Rodgers is coming fresh off a two year epic hissy fit) but rather how you respond. Nobody likes staring down their job mortality, and you can even be jaded by the introduction of the prospect.

That being said, some guys thrive in that environment, being able to use that as fire to get better or stay good. Others wilt under additional pressure and duress.

Rodgers is the NFL MVP two years removed from drafting Love. Brady won the SB the year the picked up Jimmy G. They can pout and be upset all they want but they rose to the occasion on the field. Being upset that the team is trying to replace you is not a good reason not to ball, especially if your an entrenched starter or someone who has proven he could ball beforehand.

I don't wanna see TMac pack it in b/c we draft a WR in the 1st for example. I know Tmac can ball, and bringing in his potential replacement, even if he could see it as insulting to him,  is not a good excuse for him to have a poor year.

In regards to Wentz, its perfectly understandable to be upset at Philly bringing in Hurts, but it is not a very good excuse for his final year in Philly. A player "shouldn't" let it effect them to that extent, especially one as important as the starting QB.

Edited by FootballZombie

55 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So you wait weeks to come back with what Irsay said, which is the equivalent of a huge nothing burger.  Nameless BS, when we have confirmations from the most important players in the Colts locker room that they respect, appreciate and will miss Wentz.

You're now doubling down by naming a bunch of people that have never said so much as a bad word about him, as proof that you know what you're talking about.  Even more sad, you are taking what Jim Irsay has to say to have value.  That's about the equivalent of the drunk guy on the street that told Jerry Jones to draft Johnny Manziel.  

You should have just stayed in hiding, rather than waiting around for a nothing burger that you think validates the erroneous statements you made a while back.  It's okay to just admit that you don't much at all and you're shooting this opinion from your emotional hip.  No need to pretend anything that has transpired confirms what you think of him.

First of all I was not in hiding. My interest in the team isn't what it once was so I don't come on here every single day. Stop trying to bully me. It ain't gonna work.

Also how is what the owner of the team says is a nothing burger? He owns the team!!!   Do you know him personally??  So what if he is a drunk. He still knows more about HIS team than you do. He knows more about the guy than you do!!!  Do you know how ridiculous you sound? He talked w/ the vets of the team who didn't give Wentz a ringing endorsement. What more do you want? The players may say nice things in public to be PC but behind closed doors is a totally different story. 

Also you are totally ignoring the other sources I gave. The GM of the team basically said he can't hit the easy routine plays. He saw the guy every single day for OTA's, training camp, preseason and regular season. So Ballard is wrong and you are right? You don't make any sense. Tell me how you know more than Ballard does? What about the Eagles? His former head coach who is a former NFL QB benched him for a QB who can't throw the ball on an NFL level.

You can keep sticking up for the guy all you want but facts are facts. I have serious doubts if he will make it here and everything I have said has been backed up w/ facts. What you say is basically I'm the smartest guy in the room and I know more than everyone else.. 

• Haha 3

Wentz final year in philly had way more to do with massive amounts of injuries, a constantly changing oline and piss poor receiving corp than drafting Hurts. He took an absolute beating that season and it took it's toll on him physically and mentally but it had nothing to do with a QB competition with Hurts. He went thru some of the same issues last year with the colts but he gets all the blame from the owner because he wouldn't get vaxed. Irsay never wanted to bring him in in the first place and ragged on him most of the year.

Now I'm not saying Carson hasn't had issues with his play, he certainly has and needs to improve at a lot of things but putting the last 2 years all on him is BS. FB is the epitome of a team sport and not one QB can carry a team thru a game. Not even Brady, Rodgers or Wilson!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Irsay said that stuff without naming any names. Plenty of players have come out publicly and said they support Wentz and liked him.

What's more likely: that the players who came out publicly and said that they support and liked Wentz are just straight up lying through their teeth, or that Irsay is an egomaniacal asshole who will do anything possible to try and trash Wentz because he hates him personally so he basically just made up stuff that "trusted veterans" said?

I'm not saying Irsay isn't a asshole. But just cause he is an asshole or a drunk means he doesn't know his football team??  Basically some of you are discrediting his football IQ cause he has personal issues.  But forget Irsay,I'll go back to  Ballard-  he also didn't give a ringing endorsement. They traded him w/out a viable option and the Eagles traded him having  Hurts. These are facts and they don't make Wentz look good. Two huge red flags. 

Now he's supposed to come here and be the franchise savior? It's not going to happen. 

17 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Imagine if your company hired someone younger and cheaper at your position.

At the end of the day, this is a job and the same social dynamics apply.

Well Green Bay hired someone younger and cheaper and Rodgers kept that younger and cheaper option on the bench. In the NFL talent wins out. Especially at the QB position. 

4 minutes ago, Alexa said:

First of all I was not in hiding. My interest in the team isn't what it once was so I don't come on here every single day. Stop trying to bully me. It ain't gonna work.

Also how is what the owner of the team says is a nothing burger? He owns the team!!!   Do you know him personally??  So what if he is a drunk. He still knows more about HIS team than you do. He knows more about the guy than you do!!!  Do you know how ridiculous you sound? He talked w/ the vets of the team who didn't give Wentz a ringing endorsement. What more do you want? The players may say nice things in public to be PC but behind closed doors is a totally different story. 

Also you are totally ignoring the other sources I gave. The GM of the team basically said he can't hit the easy routine plays. He saw the guy every single day for OTA's, training camp, preseason and regular season. So Ballard is wrong and you are right? You don't make any sense. Tell me how you know more than Ballard does? What about the Eagles? His former head coach who is a former NFL QB benched him for a QB who can't throw the ball on an NFL level.

You can keep sticking up for the guy all you want but facts are facts. I have serious doubts if he will make it here and everything I have said has been backed up w/ facts. What you say is basically I'm the smartest guy in the room and I know more than everyone else.. 

Ever heard of someone making **** up to support their reasons for doing something? It happens even at the highest levels. Doug Peterson has had nothing but good things to say about him. Not everyone in a locker room gets along, there's 53 guys in there FFS there's bound to be few that don't like you for whatever reason. The same happens in every line of work but you suck it up and do your job! 

10 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Does any one know who to unplug this Alexa like I do at home?

Does Wentz have flaws? Yes, otherwise isn't available. However, most of the narratives you're pushing have been roundly debunked by legitimate, reliable sources as reported by legitimate, reliable reporters for both the Commanders and the Colts. Honestly, Irsay ranting makes it sound very personal, moreso than any football related concerns. He sounds exactly like Bruce Allen.

What about what Reich said about him--which is my take on it as well--he has the potential to be a Top-10 QB, just needs to consistently do it. He's still better than Heinicke. Read what Lurie said about Wentz--does that matter less than what Irsay said because it doesn't fit your narrative?

Wait....it just hit me....ARE YOU CHRIS RUSSELL?!

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

True those guys didn't like it but how do you respond to it??  Jimmy Gurrappalo didn't like it either but in the end he played some pretty good football and may end up being the 49ers starter this year. Again, how do you respond to a younger player being highly drafted at your position. None of those guys folded. Wentz did. 

3 minutes ago, Alexa said:

I'm not saying Irsay isn't a asshole. But just cause he is an asshole or a drunk means he doesn't know his football team??  Basically some of you are discrediting his football IQ cause he has personal issues.  But forget Irsay,I'll go back to  Ballard-  he also didn't give a ringing endorsement. They traded him w/out a viable option and the Eagles traded him having  Hurts. These are facts and they don't make Wentz look good. Two huge red flags. 

Now he's supposed to come here and be the franchise savior? It's not going to happen. 

Well Green Bay hired someone younger and cheaper and Rodgers kept that younger and cheaper option on the bench. In the NFL talent wins out. Especially at the QB position. 

Philly decided a backup QB was more important than getting a legit starter to help in the second round. Then he got benched and scapegoated for the teams horrible season. He basically forced his way out and it was probably the best for both sides at that point.

You don't think a GM is going to trade his QB away with no good option without the owner basically mandating it? Ballard did a marvelous job cleaning up Irsay's **** and they are very lucky Ryan fell in their lap. Irsay had a temper tantrum like a 2 year old.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Wentz wasn't the only big name player on the Colts to not get the vax.

But as usual the QB gets scapegoated.

Absolutely confident there is something else at work with that issue besides position played, I'll leave it at that (well, I will add that some of it is Irsay himself, for a variety of reasons.)

As for Wentz, it is very true he's the best since Kirk Cousins. I think he can be better because he's capable of being more dynamic, off-schedule, running, etc.  But that really remains to be seen.

Edited by Ghost of