Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim emergency podcast.

Team did their homework on Wentz. 

A. They believe he opens up their playbook in a way they haven’t been able to do in years.  He can make some special throws.

B. Personality stuff:  Not a bad guy. But he is an introvert not extroverted. Keeps a small circle of friends versus being the type who hangs with every one

C. Type A personality. Very hard worker. First in and last out type of QB. Practices hard.

D. Better passing weapons here than Indy

E. The one QB they like if he falls to 11 is Pickett. He thinks they might still take him still but he is not sure anymore 

F. Before the trade he was told they may still take a QB if they got Wentz.  Keim thinks more likely in the 2nd round.

I am in the trade down mode now.  Recoup another pick in the 2nd or 3rd round depending on how far you fall.  Draft a QB that they like if he slides and fall to the later 1st and maybe trade down again in the 2nd to recoup another pick.  We gave up picks now get them back and let's see how good our scouting dept. and GMs are.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, dunfer said:

So hes RG3 so far.

can he read a defense

ive seen highlights of him sliding at least

This would be the perfect time for that meme that’s like:

*has only seen the movie Boss Baby*

*sees any other film in existence* 

“I’m getting some real Boss Baby vibes from this film”

9 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I think TH is gonna push Wentz hard....Wentz arm strength and experience will win out but TH has a leg up in the system and his teammates like him. Wentz is going to have to win some guys over. Regardless of what anyone thinks about TH, he has guts, competes hard and has some very good wins on his short resume'. His teammates know this and they don't know anything about Wentz...leadership is huge for a QB as you all know and Wentz will need to do the little things with his teammates to get their trust/confidence. I hope he does. 

When you trade what we traded for today and your are paying him $28 mill, he's your QB1.  Love TH but he's not going to push Wentz to many assets have been giving out.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Conn said:

This would be the perfect time for that meme that’s like:

*has only seen the movie Boss Baby*

*sees any other film in existence* 

“I’m getting some real Boss Baby vibes from this film”

I was just referring to Keim's analysis saying Wentz is an introvert (weird guy)

Edited by dunfer

9 minutes ago, Conn said:

Idk why you keep saying this, a few small moves they want to make anyways and we’ll have plenty of room for a couple nice FA deals with smaller year 1 hits. Keim has already talked about them demanding Collins take a cut or get cut for $6M cap savings, and they want to extend Flowers freeing up some money this year. And there’s other moves they can make as well. 

I understand. Cutting Collins is $6. Extending Flowers maybe saves $5. So now you have $16m. We went into last season with that much and ended up spending it down to the $6m we rolled over. Also another $3m for our draft class in the rule of top 51. 

McLaurin is making like $1m. Extending him to include this year likely pushes his number way up. 

I’m struggling to find where $16m is near enough for a few splashy signs while also bringing back McKissic or McCain, which creates holes at RB and FS. And SS depth since Shaze has a criminal case pending and Collins just got cut in this scenario. Think we’d have 2 S on the roster?

So WR, LB, FS, RB, SS, OL depth since we only have 7 under contract and 3 of those are gone after 2022 as of now. And we have 3 picks through Round 4. 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

8 minutes ago, Conn said:

Idk why you keep saying this, a few small moves they want to make anyways and we’ll have plenty of room for a couple nice FA deals with smaller year 1 hits. Keim has already talked about them demanding Collins take a cut or get cut for $6M cap savings, and they want to extend Flowers freeing up some money this year. And there’s other moves they can make as well. 

Is Scherff coming off the books already included in our cap space when everyone talks about our cap space?

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I understand. Cutting Collins is $6. Extending Flowers maybe saves $5. So now you have $16m. We went into last season with that much and ended up spending it down to the $6m we rolled over. Also another $3m for our draft class in the rule of top 51. 

McLaurin is making like $1m. Extending him to include this year likely pushes his number way up. 

I’m struggling to find where $16m is near enough for a few splashy signs while also bringing back McKissic or McCain, which creates holes at RB and FS.

So WR, LB, FS, RB, OL depth. And we have 3 picks through Round 4. 

Seems like we may need to sit pat at WR with all of our other holes....Roll with Terry, Samuel, Brown, Humphries and hopefully Carter too.

8 minutes ago, RWJ said:

As I always do with respect to ALL on this board and with Mods in watch mode.  I respectfully disagree with you, Conn. 

Why? You’re allowed to say, disagreeing isn’t fighting lol. You’re allowed to have your opinion, disagreeing with you is not trying to strip you of that right. I’ve stated why I think the narrative you’re latching onto doesn’t really make sense. Any reply to the specific points that I made? 

I’m not being aggressive or going into attack mode or anything, this is a message board. It’s for discussion. It feels like you have this habit of clinging to a certain narrative or opinion and posting it over and over with a very delicate “that’s just MY opinion, we all have our own, please keep that in mind” or something like it, I’m paraphrasing. Over and over you say defensive things like that as if to head off any reasonable disagreement. Why? Aren’t we here to exchange ideas, not just write what we think over and over again looking for agreement or just “agree to disagree”? 

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Is Scherff coming off the books already included in our cap space when everyone talks about our cap space?

If we didn't make any FA moves we could recoup our 3rd rounder in 2023 from Scherff getting his big pay day.  A thought.  

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

When you trade what we traded for today and your are paying him $28 mill, he's your QB1.  Love TH but he's not going to push Wentz to many assets have been giving out.  

Yeah, I agree....but that's not my point, my point is that TH is gonna be hungry and I don't know how well Wentz will handle it. 

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I’m struggling to find where $16m is near enough for a few splashy signs while also bringing back McKissic or McCain, which creates holes at RB and FS. And SS depth since Shaze has a criminal case pending and Collins just got cut in this scenario. Think we’d have 2 S on the roster?

So WR, LB, FS, RB, SS, OL depth since we only have 7 under contract and 3 of those are gone after 2022 as of now. And we have 3 picks through Round 4. 

Cutting Collins is about $12M with a post 6/1 cut.

Logan Paulsen’s part of the Keim podcast. 

Main pluses

A. Rocket of an arm. Turner’s offense sets up the deep ball well but Heinicke couldn’t exploit that. 

B. Defenses have to defend the whole field against him. Which should open things up for our playmakers 

C quick twitch player quick release 

D. Comes off smart. You can see him set projections before the snap quite aggressively in games 

E. He didn’t love his supporting cast as to  the passing weapons in Indy, thinks the weapons here are better

minuses 

A. He’s lost some mobility yet plays like he’s not aware that he has.  Too much hero ball.

B. His eyes dart all over the place which makes him wonder about his vision

C. Can make killer throws followed by bad throws. Lacks consistency at times 

D. Feels like he’s the type where u need to have a balanced offense to help him find a rythmn 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

A significantly smaller offer would have pried Wentz off of Indy and prevented him from hitting FA.

How do you know this? How do you know that Indy wasn't going team to team leveraging the last offer until they maximized it?  Was there a report that Indy would have taken less but our FO decided to give them more because we're nice guys?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Why? You’re allowed to say, disagreeing isn’t fighting lol. You’re allowed to have your opinion, disagreeing with you is not trying to strip you of that right. I’ve stated why I think the narrative you’re latching onto doesn’t really make sense. Any reply to the specific points that I made? 

I’m not being aggressive or going into attack mode or anything, this is a message board. It’s for discussion. It feels like you have this habit of clinging to a certain narrative or opinion and posting it over and over with a very delicate “that’s just MY opinion, we all have our own, please keep that in mind” or something like it, I’m paraphrasing. Over and over you say defensive things like that as if to head off any reasonable disagreement. Why? Aren’t we here to exchange ideas, not just write what we think over and over again looking for agreement or just “agree to disagree”? 

I yam what I yam, Conn.  :)