Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Damn SIP. Why don’t you drive up to Buffalo and slap his mama while you’re at it? 😆

If she was that supportive he would have probably been a better QB. I doubt she is in Buffalo. She’s probably still in Chicago and texting him once a week letting him know if he was any good at his job he would still be there too. 

Winston and Trubisky don’t move the needle at all.  I’d rather ride with a rook, let him take his lumps, have a high pick again in 2023 and eye 2023 as the year we make waves.  If the rook sucks beyond repair, we draft another one in 2024/2025.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Winston and Trubisky don’t move the needle at all.  I’d rather ride with a rook, let him take his lumps, have a high pick again in 2023 and eye 2023 as the year we make waves.  If the rook sucks beyond repair, we draft another one in 2024/2025.

Both those guys were exponentially better prospects than anything in this draft by a wide margin.

Maybe Dan gets involved and we roll with the tiny hands dude since he’s the closest QB to ever have the same physical trait at Snyder.  

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Both those guys were exponentially better prospects than anything in this draft by a wide margin.

Maybe Dan gets involved and we roll with the tiny hands dude since he’s the closest QB to ever have the same physical trait at Snyder.  

that may be true but it’s moot…they’ve had an opportunity to prove their draft status.  The rooks are shiny new objects with wonder for the future.  I’d much rather roll the dice for one of them.  
I don’t want picket tho.  Call me dumb and that’s ok, but I’d rather have ridder than Pickett 

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

I would think that more than 1 iron was/is in the fire for Rodgers/Wilson/Carr etc. Rodgers make his choice, Russell made his choice and I would think soon we should here something about the Commanders and other teams putting an offer out there for Carr.  Like in the next day or two.  

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean yeah his supporting cast would be worse in Philly than here and who the heck would willingly play in Phila freaking Delphia? That city is a cesspool.

Greatest city there is. The nation's first capital. Hillbilly. 

• Haha 3

They'll most likely end up striking out on Watson.  They will draft someone this year.  It depends on what they want to do with the guy they draft.  Play him right away or let him sit behind the bridge QB.  I say play the guy right away and see what you have because if he's isn't it, you right back in the same situation next year, but draft pick could be higher in a better QB class.

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, wit33 said:

You can’t overpay for Carr, please don’t. He will not move ticket sales much at all and provides middling impact. Fails to move the needle enough game to game to warrant 10-15% of the cap. 

Remain lean at the QB and continue the hunt for the next opportunity.

Wait until next year after the Raiders fail to be a .500 team and his stock is much lower. Might even be able to pick him up as a free agent. 

This. Going all in for Carr is a desperation move to attempt to be mediocre for a few years. Maybe sneak into the playoffs and get steamrolled. But it doesn't really doesn't make the team a contender and just recycles the same old problems in a few years. After Stafford went off the board, Indi panic traded for Wentz and Carolina panic traded for Darnold. How'd all that work out?

Edited by Jericho
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

For the “omg Russ chose Denver over Washington cause Washington sucks, nobody wants to come here” crowd…guess what? He chose Denver over Philly too🤷🏻‍♂️ But i dont hear any “nobody wants to go to Philly” stuff. Cause that wouldn’t help your narrative 😂

• Like 1