Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

6 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

NFLN is saying multiple picks, multiple players and big considerations (must mean contract)

So Rogers has todays news highlights and the limelight for 10 minutes before Wilson steps in front of the microphone and says "hold my beer Aaron".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Be interesting to see what happened. Coming from maybe the most obnoxiously go get Russell Wilson guy on this thread -- I am not losing my mind about this mainly for these reasons.

A.  I read somewhere Wilson preferred Denver

B.  Heard Seattle wanted to deal him to the AFC

C. The eagles were supposedly hot for him too and had plenty trade capital

Rapoport just said on air he wanted to go to Denver, that's why it happened with them

• Like 2

So the way I see it, now with Rodgers & Wilson off the board, and Watson still in limbo because of legal issues that aren't likely to be solved quick enough (total assumption)......there is really no QB available on the market that you "sell the house" for any longer.  

Carr might be the closest to it, but as much as I would be glad to have Carr, he hasn't done nearly as much as the other big time QB's who have changed teams recently.

If the front office is still looking at a guy like Jimmy G as a bridge QB that is fine but they better not be offering up anything more than a 2nd or 3rd round pick in a straight up trade.  The 49ers are ready to move on, there shouldn't be much leverage there on their end. 

Beyond that.....the fact that Seattle likely ends up with a draft pick high enough to potentially draft the QB that this team wants to just adds more salt to this wound.

I told all of you that you need to brace for disappointment. Some were there already before I said that of course. Some listened. Some didn’t. And here we are. The two big fish that were “available” aren’t Commanders.

Starting at Quarterback, MITTTTCCCCHHHHHHH “ONE HOP GRASSHOPPER” TRUUUBBBIIIISSSSKKKYYYYYY

• Like 4

Just now, KDawg said:

I told all of you that you need to brace for disappointment. Some were there already before I said that of course. Some listened. Some didn’t. And here we are. The two big fish that were “available” aren’t Commanders.

Starting at Quarterback, MITTTTCCCCHHHHHHH “ONE HOP GRASSHOPPER” TRUUUBBBIIIISSSSKKKYYYYYY

lol, I hope we get outbid for Trubisky, the more I dig into him.

I didn't think they'd get Wilson or Rodgers.  Most here didn't think so either.  I think the shock for some is plenty said Seattle isn't trading Wilson period and then bam he's traded.  For me its not the end of the world.  The thing I dreaded the most is Wilson in Philly.

• Thumb up 2

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

According to Rapoport we didn't get him because he wanted to go to Denver.  I'd add that I heard for weeks from Seattle reporters whenever they talked about this, they'd rather trade him to the AFC

I could see the Afc thing. Denver was on his list last year. Maybe Carr moves now?

8 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

See,  the writing was on the wall.   We are also stuck in QB purgatory and there is no escaping it unless Dan is no longer the owner.  

Maybe I'm naïve, but I don't think this has anything to do with Dan.  

I think the Seahawks (and GB if they traded Rodgers) were going to trade to AFC teams.

I think there's a really good chance we will get Watson.  Houston will want to send him to the NFC.  And we can outbid the Panthers.  And have more cap room.

However, we need the DA to not charge him with criminal offenses first.  

• Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

lol, I hope we get outbid for Trubisky, the more I dig into him.

I didn't think they'd get Wilson or Rodgers.  Most here didn't think so either.  I think the shock for some is plenty said Seattle isn't trading Wilson period and then bam he's traded.  For me its not the end of the world.  The thing I dreaded the most is Wilson in Philly.

I hope they trade for him. 

He may never play a down. I’ll take Hurts in the meantime.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'd be shocked if we didn't offer as much going back the other way except we don't have a "maybe" QB like Lock on the roster.  So maybe that's what did it.

That's a heck of a lot to give up, though.  

My initial read was that was a steep, steep price for a 33 year old QB. Fant is a solid young TE, who they just grabbed in the 1st round 3 drafts ago. The DL is a solid player too.

If you told me we would trade 1/2/1/2, Dyami Brown and Daron Payne for Russ, I don't know if I would be happy.