Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, VirginiaVibes said:

I am assuming people who like Willis are just going by Senior Bowl and Combine reports and haven't watched him?

Yep.

It's the same thing that happened with Haskins and the opposite with Herbert.  Haskins was deemed a year 1 starter, and Herbert was "will become a good starter in a year or two".  Couldn't have been further from the truth.  

51 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

If Settle could hold Paynes jock, why does Daron play 90% of defensive snaps? Plus he's a FA and not coming back. He also has no trade value. Sweat does. I don't want to trade any of them. I want to start the season with the secondary playing well, a real MLB and see what kind of damage this defense can actually do.

sunk cost? 

You dont want to trade any of them fine. Prepare for a couple of them to talk for nothing cause it makes no sense to put that much money into one positional group. Paying all 4 doesnt make any sense. So since that is the case trade Payne now while you can. 

49 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not sure this is much more info on Wilson but listening to Mike Silver, guest on The Herd and connected in Washington.  He said not wanting to trade Wilson lines up from owner to GM to coach and Wilson has been passive about it.  However, if the owner changes her mind or Wilson gets antsy, then Schneider would look at how to accommodate.  He did confirm Commanders definitely made a really strong offer.

I'm sort of thinking the offer was made more to nudge Wilson and his agent about how seriously interested they are in him vs. showing the Seattle brass.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think Mitch also goes somewhere, probably in combination with one of the draft picks.  

Mitch Trubisky is gonna be one of the hottest free agent QB's on the market. It's only a question of where he'll sign....very possibly in Washington. His agent is gonna field calls from several teams based on reports....Pittsburgh, Denver, Carolina, Washington, New Orleans and maybe others will be eyeing him as their QB in 2022,

I'm not trading Chase Young for Watson, period. I know he had a slow start to the year before the injury, but he was a difference maker in 2020 and I have faith that he'll bounce back in 2022 in a big way. Him and Sweat, along with the IDL should still be where we build around.

To trade Chase and act like he's not 12 months removed from being named Defensive Rookie of the Year after being tabbed as a generational player at #2 would be absolutely on brand for this franchise.

I would take him and Sweat off the board entirely.

I'm offering the Texans picks. If they demand players, my offer is Payne. Sweat MAYBE. But even then you gotta replace whoever you lose and you won't have high-value picks to do so.

19 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Steal Ridder is in the 2nd.  IMO, just me and ONLY me he will be the best of the bunch when we look back at the QBs in this 2022 class in 3-5 years.  Bookmark this page and give it a chance.  We don't know until they play for a few years. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Jason Reid.  You probably like Mike Jones better 

Yes.  I think you’re right. 

41 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Mitch Trubisky is gonna be one of the hottest free agent QB's on the market. It's only a question of where he'll sign....very possibly in Washington. His agent is gonna field calls from several teams based on reports....Pittsburgh, Denver, Carolina, Washington, New Orleans and maybe others will be eyeing him as their QB in 2022,

In the scenario I was responding to, we got Watson.

30 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Good God, this is what I hate about the combine. It's great he is a good athlete but that doesn't negate the tape which displays a ton of accuracy, mechanics and footwork issues and as we have seen - those issues are very difficult to fix. 

One workout can not negate that. It's so silly. 

Edited by VirginiaVibes
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, mistertim said:

If Ridley is suspended for an entire season for betting on games, that makes it feel pretty certain that Watson will also miss a year as punishment, even if he doesn't get charged criminally. 

I think whole season for Watson is 50/50. They want to make an example of Ridley because it is gambling. 

10 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Steal Ridder is in the 2nd.  IMO, just me and ONLY me he will be the best of the bunch when we look back at the QBs in this 2022 class in 3-5 years.  Bookmark this page and give it a chance.  We don't know until they play for a few years. 

In the same boat and have been for a year +

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Green Bay - Rolls with Jordan Love for a year

Washington - Trades #11, 2023 1st and Daron Payne for Deshaun Watson

Is that the perceived cost pre or post criminal clearing for Watson? I can't see anyone offering that much pre clearing, that's what I ask.

OMG would the GB fans flip if Love is the starter for a year and looks anything like he has so far in his NFL career

3 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Now, we could definitely get a Marcus Williams for $15m APY and Davondre Campbell for $12-14m APY and have their combined Year 1 hit be $12-14m. 

It would be amazing if this happened. Sure would make the draft a lot easier and oh would the team improve...killer D

3 minutes ago, VirginiaVibes said:

Good God, this is what I hate about the combine. It's great he is a good athlete but that doesn't negate the tape which displays a ton of accuracy, mechanics and footwork issues and as we have seen - those issues are very difficult to fix. 

This is a bit overblown. Ridder was pretty accurate and had a handful of mechanical issues contributing to inaccurate throws. He’s also smart enough to know where he’s lacking and has been working to fix what’s evident in his film. The guy built a program and that can’t be emphasized enough.

2 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Is that the perceived cost pre or post criminal clearing for Watson? I can't see anyone offering that much pre clearing, that's what I ask.

OMG would the GB fans flip if Love is the starter for a year and looks anything like he has so far in his NFL career

Nah, probably higher. I don't know though, I was surprised that Denver's offer for Rodgers was 1/2/1 ... then again Rodgers is 39 and probably another 3-4 years? Watson is 12 years younger but has some off-field issues.

I know the Texans are asking for a ton. But depending on the timing of this whole thing, they might not get offered "a ton" and they gotta make a deal at some point. Can't hold him another year. So my guess is it ends up being somewhere less than the 3 1sts and 2 starters they initially floated. 2 1sts and 2 2nds maybe. Or 3 1sts and a 2nd. But no way it'll be 1/1/1/starting DL/starting DL/2nd as I think they initially threw out last year.

• Thanks 1

Just now, D’Pablo said:

This is a bit overblown. Ridder was pretty accurate and had a handful of mechanical issues contributing to inaccurate throws. He’s also smart enough to know where he’s lacking and has been working to fix what’s evident in his film. The guy built a program and that can’t be emphasized enough.

It's great he has been working to fix it but history says accuracy issues/bad footwork in college lead to bad accuracy in the NFL and the only person anyone who can ever name who changed it drastically was Josh Allen and it took him 3 years.