Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

7 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Plan A: Three 1sts, Montez Sweat, another lesser pick/player for Russell Wilson

Plan B: Two 1sts and a lesser pick/player for Derek Carr

Plan C: Trade up for whomever QB1 is on the draft board and sign a vet

Caveats: I'm DQ'ing Watson for my own moral reasons and DQ'ing Rodgers because I feel like Denver is the natural landing spot for him.

Note: Jimmy G makes no sense to me. He'd be a placeholder for us and why would he want to go from SF to another spot where he has a rookie behind him waiting to take over? If we trade for him, we wouldn't give him a fat extension and then he'd be pissed. Failed marriage waiting to happen. Just don't see how it plays out successfully even as a backup plan.

Thats way to much for Wilson. Just about right for Carr. Agree about Jimmy for sure. Wonder what you or others would do if they do aquire Watson because realistically he is worth what your cost for Wilson is but may come cheaper because of the moral issues. Would you change your mind if there is no felony conviction?  I am just trying to figure out if folks would bail on the team if we made a play for who would be the best QB to ever play for us.

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

So, one thing I don't think Jimmy G is getting enough credit for is a pretty gutty performance. He had a bad shoulder and a host of other injuries over the past two weeks. That's going to impact your accuracy.

I still don't want him, but I do think he ought to be appreciated.

He always seems to be ailing with something. Thats one of my beefs with him.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Jimmy would not be swinging for the fences. More like a bunt. Please no.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I think I am the only person who doesnt like Wilson. He constantly runs out of clean pockets and they struggle to keep to a system because of it. Hes a hell of a playmaker but he makes so many resources worthless. Like in the early part of his career they had a fantastic Oline but he ran out of them making it worthless. So they stopped paying for it and putting resources into it. Then they cant run the ball because they line is trash because Russ doesnt need or use it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Acworth skins fan said:

Why would McDaniels go from good to mediocrity? I think our realistic  chances at QB are Mitch, Marcus, jamis, the Denver Qb (whose name eludes me atm) and a rookie. Jimmy, I believe would require a new contact , which says you’re our qb for a couple years. That IMO would leave a rookie out. 

He might want Garoppolo as he coached him in NE and knows McDaniels offense.  Might.

4 minutes ago, GilbertSkinsFan said:

He might want Garoppolo as he coached him in NE and knows McDaniels offense.  Might.

That what I am hoping for I could see them trading for Jimmy G then seeing what they can get for Carr. I don't think they really want to pay Carr top dollar.

Whatever move we make I hope it's early I don't want to be the team that gets nothing.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

Jimmy G to Vegas please.

I mean, Is he really a Rivera type QB ? That’s a concern right now. I can see some conditional trade compensation where by it either includes a second, or then a first, in 2023, based on performance and team progress.  Not to us please. 

Can’t wait to see what some of the QBs move for.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, rumplestilskin said:

Thats way to much for Wilson. Just about right for Carr. Agree about Jimmy for sure. Wonder what you or others would do if they do aquire Watson because realistically he is worth what your cost for Wilson is but may come cheaper because of the moral issues. Would you change your mind if there is no felony conviction?  I am just trying to figure out if folks would bail on the team if we made a play for who would be the best QB to ever play for us.

It's a tough situation, man. On the one hand, I understand many of these players aren't exactly choir boys and even watching the NFL at all requires a certain moral cognitive dissonance. The reality is we're watching largely dudes from poor backgrounds give each other brain damage for life-changing money which most of them will waste while many of them abuse their celebrity stature. Then there's all the reasons this franchise in particularly is morally indefensible. Yet here I still am. So I'm not claiming to be on any type of high horse here.

But with Watson, it's just so public and so eye-popping (22 accusers), and the QB position is so public as the face of the franchise that it's hard to ignore. It would be one thing if we had some pass rusher who was prob a piece of ****, but the QB is your leader and culture tone-setter. That's hard to ignore, and frankly, as a result of watching the team lose for 30 years, watch the Caps and Nats win championships, and being pretty focused on my own career, I just don't care about winning football games enough to take on the moral dilemma that Watson presents. 

Of course, it's not up to me in the same way the name change wasn't up to me. If it happens, honestly, I'll probably still watch but it will definitely leave a very sour taste in my mouth and I probably won't engage the same way I otherwise would. Idk. I just hope it doesn't happen and I don't have to deal with it. And yeah, he'd be the most talented QB to play for us since Sammy Baugh. I have no questions on the talent.

Btw on Russ, I think the only way Seattle trades him - within the conference, no less - is if we grossly overpay. And frankly, I'm ready to do it. 

• Thumb up 1

Ron’s destiny is to be fired. Just like Norv, Marty, Jim, Mike and Jay.

Ron will most likely botch the qb. 

Ron should’ve cut Alex and instead of trading for Kyle; should’ve brought someone to battle Dwayne for the job. He should told Dan , he would give Dwayne a chance but he plans to bring someone to compete for the job.

He failed right there. 

I fully expect us to be stuck with the scraps. My guess Ron signs some low tier  qb and doesn’t draft a qb at all: goes 5-12 because that qb sucks and he’s then put out of his misery.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t see a planet where McDaniels is dumb enough to move Carr to get Jimmy G.

You know, I do wonder about this though. McDaniels is looking at Derek Carr vs. Jimmy G + an extra two 1st round picks. It's not necessarily a slam dunk decision, especially if you have history with Jimmy and think you can get the most out of him.

4 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

You know, I do wonder about this though. McDaniels is looking at Derek Carr vs. Jimmy G + an extra two 1st round picks. It's not necessarily a slam dunk decision, especially if you have history with Jimmy and think you can get the most out of him.

Especially with the disparity in contracts they have coming too.

18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t see a planet where McDaniels is dumb enough to move Carr to get Jimmy G.

Comparable from my view. Derek Carr has middling stats and much larger sample, but seem to be similar dudes physically. Maybe Derek has a bit more of a stronger arm? 

I have this horrible sinking feeling that we trade for Jimmy G, who is the most obviously and openly available guy out there right now (who isn’t a Trubisky-level laughing stock), before we even have a chance to strike out at other options, bc they’re so desperate and can’t afford to be left holding an empty bag. And it will be a high enough compensation package and he’ll get a big enough extension that it will be clear we aren’t drafting a QB with a premium pick. Nightmare scenario for me. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I have this horrible sinking feeling that we trade for Jimmy G, who is the most obviously and openly available guy out there right now (who isn’t a Trubisky-level laughing stock), before we even have a chance to strike out at other options, bc they’re so desperate and can’t afford to be left holding an empty bag. And it will be a high enough compensation package and he’ll get a big enough extension that it will be clear we aren’t drafting a QB with a premium pick. Nightmare scenario for me. 

None of the information about the FO's approach to QB this offseason suggests this would happen. No reason to think they'd overpay for Jimmy G without checking in elsewhere first. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

I think I am the only person who doesnt like Wilson. He constantly runs out of clean pockets and they struggle to keep to a system because of it. Hes a hell of a playmaker but he makes so many resources worthless. Like in the early part of his career they had a fantastic Oline but he ran out of them making it worthless. So they stopped paying for it and putting resources into it. Then they cant run the ball because they line is trash because Russ doesnt need or use it. 

I don't love Wilson either. I think he's going to start declining soon. He relies a ton on mobility/athleticism and that's the first thing that drops off. Even when the was lighting it up a couple years ago it was mostly him scrambling and then throwing a bomb to Lockett or Metcalf. Defenses figured that out and he hasn't really developed into a consistent sustained pocket passer. And he got hurt last year too.

I mean he's still really good, but I feel like he'd turn into McNabb the moment we got him. People forget McNabb was actually a Pro Bowler in 2009 before we acquired him.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

It's a tough situation, man. On the one hand, I understand many of these players aren't exactly choir boys and even watching the NFL at all requires a certain moral cognitive dissonance. The reality is we're watching largely dudes from poor backgrounds give each other brain damage for life-changing money which most of them will waste while many of them abuse their celebrity stature. Then there's all the reasons this franchise in particularly is morally indefensible. Yet here I still am. So I'm not claiming to be on any type of high horse here.

But with Watson, it's just so public and so eye-popping (22 accusers), and the QB position is so public as the face of the franchise that it's hard to ignore. It would be one thing if we had some pass rusher who was prob a piece of ****, but the QB is your leader and culture tone-setter. That's hard to ignore, and frankly, as a result of watching the team lose for 30 years, watch the Caps and Nats win championships, and being pretty focused on my own career, I just don't care about winning football games enough to take on the moral dilemma that Watson presents. 

Of course, it's not up to me in the same way the name change wasn't up to me. If it happens, honestly, I'll probably still watch but it will definitely leave a very sour taste in my mouth and I probably won't engage the same way I otherwise would. Idk. I just hope it doesn't happen and I don't have to deal with it. And yeah, he'd be the most talented QB to play for us since Sammy Baugh. I have no questions on the talent.

Btw on Russ, I think the only way Seattle trades him - within the conference, no less - is if we grossly overpay. And frankly, I'm ready to do it. 

Thats really good reasoning and I fully respect it. For me personally I try and detatch myself from owning any baggage that comes with a player or team. You almost have to with Dan at the helm.😉

Similar to Big Ben,  Watsons is definitely going to bring on public outrage to whomever acquires him but his play will eventually put out those fires and hopefully he can use his platform to make amends somehow.  He needs therapy thats for sure. If there is no felony conviction he most likey wont get a full year suspension and it would indicate that the truth is somewhere in the middle between the accused and the plaintiffs. Its definately a polarizing topic.

Jeez I dunno about that much for Russ. I love the player but I feel like he was playing a tad slow and is trending down a bit this year even before his figer injury. Two firsts and Montez or Payne would be it for me. Unless it came with DK. Lol

Edited by rumplestilskin

I keep coming back to Carr. Cheaper, hits all the boxes age and ability. I don't know what a four year extension would look like probably 35 million a year. Matt Stafford is in superbowl. Carr is in the same ballpark as Stafford.

I think Jimmy G would be 25 to 30 million a year for extension. Wilson and Rodgers would be 40 to 50 million a year for extension. The extension will be key to get any of these Qb.

Edited by Redskins 2021