Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, tomwvr said:

We could draft a rookie and see TH as the starter for 3-4 games …

No.  TH is not going to be the interim starter. 

If they go the draft route they’re going to get somebody else to hold the fort down in the event the guy they drafted isn’t ready. 

They have come to the conclusion TH can’t be anything but an emergency reserve.  He doesn’t have the physical tools to play and they know it.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's not really lying, its not hard to read through the coach speak. 

I mostly just said he’s lying because I like using that gif.

But in truth, he ALWAYS says there are 4 avenues, including non the team, FA, trade and draft.

Yes it a coach speak but they know the answer is not on the team and the answer is also not on FA.  If they go FA they also have to draft a guy.  None of the FA QBs would be an answer.

Which is why I think they will use both FA and the draft. 

• Like 1

Yeah it sounds like Rivera wants nothing to do with Heinicke starting anymore. We squeezed every bit of juice out of that rock and he knows it. Its only gonna get worse.

He'll be back with the team because his contract is still good value but he might end up being no more than 3rd string emergency QB.

I may be wrong and stupid, but why in the world would we want to sign Mariota or Trubiski? They are trash 😂. I think TH is at least as good as them. I mean they’re back ups for a reason. I’ll vomit if we go into 2022 with either one of them. 

1 hour ago, Jds0912 said:

I may be wrong and stupid, but why in the world would we want to sign Mariota or Trubiski? They are trash 😂. I think TH is at least as good as them. I mean they’re back ups for a reason. I’ll vomit if we go into 2022 with either one of them. 

We want a better QB then Trubisky or Marrota but it might be all we can get. They will try to get a better Qb but if we can't they will get one of them and a rookie. 

Edited by Redskins 2021

35 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

We want a better QB then Trubisky or Marrota but it might be all we can get. They will try to get a better Qb but if we can't they will get one of them and a rookie. 

I would rather stick with TH and a rookie. He already knows the system and is just as good if not better imo.

Edited by Jds0912
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jds0912 said:

I would rather stick with TH and a rookie. He already knows the system and is just as good if not better imo.

Th played as hard as possible but the team still failed. At a minimum they have to bring someone in to compete with him. Hopefully the player they bring in is head and shoulders better [Watson or Wilson]. If it's Trubsiky or Marrota they may still have to beat him out.

They also have to get a rookie because truth is TH, Marrota, and Trubsiky are not bring you to championship games. They need to get a guy who is a level or two above what those guys have played like in the past.

Edited by Redskins 2021

8 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Th played as hard as possible but the team still failed. At a minimum they have to bring someone in to compete with him. Hopefully the player they bring in is head and shoulders better [Watson or Wilson]. If it's Trubsiky or Marrota they may still have to beat him out.

They also have to get a rookie because truth is TH, Marrota, and Trubsiky are not bring you to championship games. They need to get a guy who is a level or two above what those guys have played like in the past.

Exactly, none of them are going to improve our team. We already have two MariTrubiskis on our team (TH and Kyle Allen), why make it 3? It’s a pointless addition. Either go big with Watson or Wilson, or draft a rookie and go with TH as the temporary starter. Bringing in mediocrity from the outside solves nothing. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I mostly just said he’s lying because I like using that gif.

But in truth, he ALWAYS says there are 4 avenues, including non the team, FA, trade and draft.

Yes it a coach speak but they know the answer is not on the team and the answer is also not on FA.  If they go FA they also have to draft a guy.  None of the FA QBs would be an answer.

Which is why I think they will use both FA and the draft. 

Yeah he does but in a way like saying we can get a hot dog, burger, pizza or steak.  Then goes on and on about why the burger isn't the right food and we need to do better, says nothing about the hot dog and talks up to death in different ways the steak and pizza. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah he does but in a way like saying we can get a hot dog, burger, pizza or steak.  Then goes on and on about why the burger isn't the right food and we need to do better, says nothing about the hot dog and talks up to death in different ways the steak and pizza. 

They will order steak but find it has been removed from their menu. Do they then scream my kingdom for a steak and give up the farm for one? I doubt it.

They will then shop for steak burgers with bacon or meat lovers pizza because they are sick of hot dogs :ols:

Edited by DWinzit
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Jds0912 said:

He's not.  His limited arm strength and inaccuracy kills the offense.  He was 2nd in the NFL in turnover worthy plays at QB.  He's not a fill-in starter type.  If you draft a 1st round QB, then you need play him ASAP and take the lumps.  No need going with TH (who'll throw it up for grabs in the middle of the field constantly).  

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

They will order steak but find it has been removed from their menu. Do they then scream my kingdom for a steak and give up the farm for one? I doubt it.

They will then shop for steak burgers with bacon or meat lovers pizza because they are sick of hot dogs :ols:

This back and forth reminds of a scene in the Flamingo Kid with father and son by Elizondo and Dillon:

Summer's over. I'm just standing here watching another ship boxing its compass and venturing out to sea."
"It's nice to know that it can go home if it needs to."
"If it talks nice to the lighthouse keeper, he can always come home."
"Yeah, well, maybe if the lighthouse keeper didn't yell so much..."
"Well, the reason the lighthouse keeper yells... WHAT THE HELL ARE WE TALKING ABOUT? YOU COMING HOME OR WHAT?"
"YEAH, I'M COMING HOME, BUT THEN I'M GETTING MY OWN APARTMENT!"
"Good. All right. Then it's over?
"Yeah, it's over. Yeah, fine.”

🤣

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

He's not.  His limited arm strength and inaccuracy kills the offense.  He was 2nd in the NFL in turnover worthy plays at QB.  He's not a fill-in starter type.  If you draft a 1st round QB, then you need play him ASAP and take the lumps.  No need going with TH (who'll throw it up for grabs in the middle of the field constantly).  

I agree, if we draft qb in the 1st round he needs to be playing day 1. My argument is against people who think we need to bring in maritrubisky to start until the rookie is ready. I just don’t think they’re an upgrade from TH who already knows our system. I know he has a noodle arm and throws the ball up for grabs but he can play good if he has talent around him. He fell off when Thomas and Mckissick got hurt. 

32 minutes ago, Jds0912 said:

I agree, if we draft qb in the 1st round he needs to be playing day 1. My argument is against people who think we need to bring in maritrubisky to start until the rookie is ready. I just don’t think they’re an upgrade from TH who already knows our system. I know he has a noodle arm and throws the ball up for grabs but he can play good if he has talent around him. He fell off when Thomas and Mckissick got hurt. 

Mariiota & Tribiski (whatever you think of them) were high first rounders who led teams to the playoffs.  They actually have NFL physical talent.  I'd much rather have them as a placeholder QB over Heineke (and I'm not exactly enamored with either).  TH is a recipe for an inept offense.  He simply does not have the physical ability to be a QB in the NFL.  Frankly, I'd rather have Kyle Allen as a backup vs TH.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Carr has made it clear publicly that his preference is to stay with the Raiders, famously saying that he'd probably quit football as opposed to playing for another team. But with a year left on his 5-year, $125-million contract, he has earned a near-top of the market extension. 

On the back of Carr's stellar play, the Raiders finished the season with four straight wins -- all by four points or less. How the organization approaches the extension will be telling.

General manager Mike Mayock's performance will be evaluated, as well, by owner Mark Davis, and whether he stays may also affect Carr's future. 

If the pendulum swings in the other direction, and the Raiders and Carr decide to part ways, expect a long line of suitors for Carr, who has impressed when it mattered most this season on the field. Off the field, as Gruden fled amid scandal and former receiver Henry Ruggs III was released following his involvement in a fatal traffic collision, Carr was essential in keeping that locker room together. 

Among the teams who would make sense for Carr are the Saints, Texans and perhaps the Colts, should they decide to move on from Carson Wentz. If Carr is, in fact, available, he will likely garner more interest than that.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

13 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I love the idea of Carr, ain’t happening. He doesn’t seem to want to leave, if there was noise that he wanted out I would start to get my hopes up. 
I guess the hope is the new staff doesn’t want to pay him?

If he wins today which I think he will they will not move him.

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

And now I’m hungry

2 hours ago, Jds0912 said:

Sorry but Trubisky and especially Mariota are a major upgrade over Taylor. We all need to get past the story and look at the results. Once NFL Ds figured him and the off Scott cobbled together to take advantage of what Taylor does out, he was completely neutralized. Yes losing McK and Thomas hurt, especially McK. But I doubt having them would have made that much different. Dallas showed the blueprint to stop Taylor. Everyone copied it and Taylor does not have the physical attributes to over come and change his game enough. 

Having said that, if they get a rookie and he is expected to start day one, I would want all other resources left used to put a team around them. Taylor is cheap and if you get to the #2 QB you are pretty much dead anyway. But I can certainly see logic in bringing in Trubisky or Mariota so you don't have to alter your game plan as much if the back-up come is. But still I prefer they use the resources left to get the MLB and CB they need, and a G to replace Scherff (need to let him walk at this point - thanks bruce!!).  

• Like 1