Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

There'll have to be a balance on how we get someone in. Does Trubisky sign knowing we are retaining TH whilst also looking to draft a QB round one? 

Good point but I guess that would depend on his options. He should feel confident he can beat TH out

5 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I think if its Marrota or trubisky there a chance th may still be able to win the job.

I don't. His advantage is knowledge of the system. Once either of them grasp the system they are both better.

What an incredible turn around it would be at the QB position I would be to have Trubisky or Mariota, and Howell or Corral all fighting it out through the year with TH still there

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

I don't. His advantage is knowledge of the system. Once either of them grasp the system they are both better.

What an incredible turn around it would be at the QB position I would be to have Trubisky or Mariota, and Howell or Corral all fighting it out through the year with TH still there

It will be interesting, I keep thinking with this rebranding they will want to go big as possible at QB. I don't know who that would be but I think they will try to make a big splash.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

There sure seems like the most realistic outcome, unless we pull off some wild QB trade.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I fear a give away the future trade to acquire Rodgers or Wilson as that big Danny Boy interference splash

...And predictably, it goes about as well as Donovan McNabb did. (Brunell or Alex Smith being the highwater mark of outcomes here)

Edited by SpacePenguin
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I fear a give away the future trade to acquire Rodgers or Wilson as that big Danny Boy interference splash

I said in another thread that this rebranding is going to require a major follow up move. It may actually be that damage limitation will be too late. It may not be a good move, but it’s easy to ‘assume’ a QB move is in the works.

I think now I’d prefer us to draft our own future QB with the circa top 10 pick.

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I think I've been kidding myself that we're going to do something really solid at QB and begin to turn this around, but now I'm starting to think Dinky Dan is ready to create havoc again and get involved over Rons head and get the QB he wants, to roll out with his name change.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I think everyone remembers this one from November....

This is why I have continually listed him as a legit option. He sat for a year holding Allens clipboard and learning under a staff Rivera has shown in the highest regard including sit down meetings with them more than a year ago. Plus he will be a FA so no draft compensation for him.

To me the big question will be if they also draft a QB with their first pick.

They clearly do not have faith in Allen or TH as a starter, so why would they enter another year with them as their #2 and 3? That's why I do think the draft a QB also. 

Ron "we're going to be really aggressive in FA addressing the QB position"

Cheaps out on Carr

Under bids Wilson

Get's laughed at by Rodgers

Forces Ryan into retirement

Checks rehab for Fitz

Ignoreds Cams calls

Ron" we are really happy we were able to bring Mitch ****ing Trubinsky in to camp as our starter throughout this QB competition that he'll clearly win"

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

This is why I have continually listed him as a legit option. He sat for a year holding Allens clipboard and learning under a staff Rivera has shown in the highest regard including sit down meetings with them more than a year ago. Plus he will be a FA so no draft compensation for him.

To me the big question will be if they also draft a QB with their first pick.

They clearly do not have faith in Allen or TH as a starter, so why would they enter another year with them as their #2 and 3? That's why I do think the draft a QB also. 

He would be an OK signing but I am not convinced he will be the answer. This may be the best we can do.

Edited by Redskins 2021

On 1/2/2022 at 2:04 PM, Hooper said:

At least we didn't take Trey Lance. 

Or worse -- really plan on taking Mac Jones -- and then let the media talk you out of it like Shanny did.

Lance was always a project. Dude had one full season, a start in '20, and 2 starts in '18, for North Dakota State. It was always going to take time to develop him which is why they didn't trade Jimmy G last offseason. It's ugly, for now anyway, but if they can coach Lance up, he'll be ridiculous. I would agree w/the argument that there is a huge "IF" w/that, but that "IF" was present every day of 2021. 

1 hour ago, The Consigliere said:

Lance was always a project. Dude had one full season, a start in '20, and 2 starts in '18, for North Dakota State. It was always going to take time to develop him which is why they didn't trade Jimmy G last offseason. It's ugly, for now anyway, but if they can coach Lance up, he'll be ridiculous. I would agree w/the argument that there is a huge "IF" w/that, but that "IF" was present every day of 2021. 

Id argue the supremely gifted mobile guys aren't a huge what if from standpoint there’s a clear path to get production out of them through utilizing their run ability in a myriad of ways. The big what it is can they become consistently accurate enough and convert 3rd and mediums/longs at high rate. 

For example, if Washington drafts Mailik Willis there’s a clear path for him to impact the run and play action game day 1. No one can dispute he’ll have a great positive impact on the run and play action from the jump. There’s a clear ceiling with this, but the gifted dual threat runner his the easiest path to becoming competent/average to good

Just thinking about this whole rebrand. Massive moment for the franchise, for Dan and his crew.

That’s happening in February. The only thing to follow that up with is an announcement at QB. A major announcement. Are we really going to roll a new branded team out with Mr Average at QB. Can’t see it.

I’m not saying they’ll do it right. Good chance they don’t. But it’s got to be a major vet trade/acquisition or even a major trade up in the draft. Trade up with the Jags or Lions ?? Ship out a couple of those DL in the process. New face of the franchise. 

Maybe not. But all the noise points to big move IMO.

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Just thinking about this whole rebrand. Massive moment for the franchise, for Dan and his crew.

That’s happening in February. The only thing to follow that up with is an announcement at QB. A major announcement. Are we really going to roll a new branded team out with Mr Average at QB. Can’t see it.

I’m not saying they’ll do it right. Good chance they don’t. But it’s got to be a major vet trade/acquisition or even a major trade up in the draft. Trade up with the Jags or Lions ?? Ship out a couple of those DL in the process. New face of the franchise. 

Maybe not. But all the noise points to big move IMO.

The problem is no big name vet is willing to come here. They will try but, I don't think they will get any big name.

2 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

The problem is no big name vet is willing to come here. They will try but, I don't think they will get any big name.

I’m inclined to agree. That trade in the draft looks most likely to me.

Or we use relationships from the FO and end up with a lowers level vet. Del Rio/Carr or next level down Mayhew/Jimmy G for example. 

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I’m inclined to agree. That trade in the draft looks most likely to me.

Or we use relationships from the FO and end up with a lowers level vet. Del Rio/Carr or next level down Mayhew/Jimmy G for example. 

I think Carr is out. We could get Jimmy G but now your down to the Bridgewater, Trubisky, Mariotta, and Winston. Not much better then what we have rite now. 

They have to do something this Rebranding is there last chance to get people back in stands until new stadium. If it goes poorly people may never come back. 

Edited by Redskins 2021