Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Trade the 2nd overall to get another 1st, use it for JJ and Brock Bowers.

I'll shut up now.

Reports are that Raiders offered “a lot” to move up.  No idea what “a lot” means.  Wish we had a crystal ball could very well be that JJ and Bowers end up in the HOF.  Who knows.  Unfortunately we don’t have a crystal ball… just GMAP.  It’s his job to try to see the future.  I’m trusting his ability a lot more than mine or anyone else’s here.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

Reports are that Raiders offered “a lot” to move up.  No idea what “a lot” means.  Wish we had a crystal ball could very well be that JJ and Bowers end up in the HOF.  Who knows.  Unfortunately we don’t have a crystal ball… just GMAP.  It’s his job to try to see the future.  I’m trusting his ability a lot more than mine or anyone else’s here.  

I don’t, necessarily. The best get it wrong and a blind squirrel finds a nut.

I currently trust that we have a plan. I think putting it on someone so much that we think he can see the future is unhealthy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t, necessarily. The best get it wrong and a blind squirrel finds a nut.

I currently trust that we have a plan. I think putting it on someone so much that we think he can see the future is unhealthy. 

Oh, I know the best get it wrong.  But I trust GMAPs ability (and chance) to make the right choice more than my own or fans here.  You don’t.  That’s fine.  

Obviously I don’t expect Peters to see the future, but this draft is on him.  That in my opinion is on the shoulders of the GM more than anyone else.  We can disagree but it’s why I was happy they hired him over other options.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

Oh, I know the best get it wrong.  But I trust GMAPs ability (and chance) to make the right choice more than my own or fans here.  You don’t.  That’s fine.  

Obviously I don’t expect Peters to see the future, but this draft is on him.  That in my opinion is on the shoulders of the GM more than anyone else.  We can disagree but it’s why I was happy they hired him over other options.  

I wouldn't say that I don't. He's a GM of a football team.

I'd say that he can get things wrong and others can get them right...

Wait, wait, wait!  Stop the press!  My man, Rick "Give me two minutes" Snider and his story about Dave, The Car Salesman sets us straight!  Give him two minutes!!!!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, RWJ said:

Wait, wait, wait!  Stop the press!  My man, Rick "Give me two minutes" Snider and his story about Dave, The Car Salesman sets us straight!  Give him two minutes!!!!

Adam Peters just fell to his knees at Top Golf.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Adam Peters just fell to his knees at Top Golf.

If Rick would have just given his advice on top Pizza places to eat I think Adam may have listened.  Don't ya think, CapsSkins?  

• Like 1

Oh boy....

Full text:

Just spoke with UNC QB Drake Maye

He said he liked watching Tom Brady Patriots tape with Giants HC Brian Daboll: “Makes me want to play in that type of offense”

“It was just really cool watching the old Patriots tape and seeing him coach Tom and say, ‘Hey, this what Tom was thinking, he’s taking Gronk across the middle,'” Maye told @NYDNSports from a @raisingcanes event in Detroit at the @NFLDraft.

“Some of that stuff was pretty cool, and it makes me want to play in that type of offense.”

I also asked if he met Giants co-owner John Mara and how that went. “Um, I’m not gonna speak on anything,” Maye said respectfully. “Sorry about that. Yes sir.”

Meanwhile:

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Haha 1

Given how competitive Maye is, the chip on his shoulder is going to be absolutely massive if we pass on him and he somehow ends up on the Giants.  I can see him circling us on the calendar every year for the rest of his career.

• Like 3

When a GM passes on a young QB that has a high ceiling and better arm talent,but needs his mechanics fixed pretty much tells you what he thinks about his coaching staff.

I would still be surprised if NE passed on him.  You've got Brissett, can let Maye sit for half a season and then roll in.  No expectations year 1, just use next 2 drafts to build around him and see what he's got year 2 year 3.  Sure the cupboard is bare, but if you've got a blue chip prospect there grab and go.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

The only saving grace is that the Giants will have to mortgage their future to move up and get Maye and that might hamper his ability to develop.

They will not have to mortgage their future to move up three spots. And Maye will benefit from sitting for an entire year, in which time they will have ample opportunity to keep building their roster.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Maye is gonna own us for the next decade while Daniels flounders around on IR.

Daboll won’t last another year let alone a decade.  If Giants land Maye they will have to pay up

to move those 3 spots and they have no weapons for Maye nor an Oline.  I’m not as worried as you.  But then I like both prospects.   

Just now, CapsSkins said:

They will not have to mortgage their future to move up three spots. And Maye will benefit from sitting for an entire year, in which time they will have ample opportunity to keep building their roster.

We only moved up four spots in 2012 to get RG3. There is a premium on QBs and the Giants are desperate.

If Elliott Wolf is worth anything as a GM he will absolutely fleece the Giants, but knowing how the world works and how NY teams tend to always get breaks they'll probably only have to give up like a 2nd this year and 1st next year to move up.

• Like 2