Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

45 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Is 0 different than 00 though?  

I'm reasonably sure other professional leagues have allowed both on the same team.

I don't think the NFL currently allows the use of 00 tho. They bought 0 back, bit I'm not so sure about 00.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It really depends on the application. If it's for home defense purposes #0 buckshot has more penetration than #00 buck, so you have to be much more aware of what's behind your intended target.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I could make an argument....

Is 1 is different than 11.

I get the math part of it is the same, but football jerseys?  

:P 

It’s a big difference in Vegas. European roulette wheels only have the 0. American roulette wheels have a 00 in addition to 0.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Honestly, I doubt Tress even gives a damn about the number. Nothing wrong about collecting a few extra bucks if you can :)

Not so sure about that.

According to his pre draft scouting report bio...

"...born on May 5th at 5 am after mother endured 5 hours of labor. Father is one of five siblings and Tress, whose name incidentally has 5 letters,  is the 5th and youngest of five brothers who all played college sports. Has small tattoo of the number 5 above his heart and another large tattoo of the Roman numeral V which spans his entire back. The first time he punted in high school it went for 55 yards and was returned for 5 yards.. "

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Not so sure about that.

"...born on May 5th at 5 am after mother endured 5 hours of labor. Father is one of five siblings and Trey himself is the 5th and youngest of five brothers who all played college sports. Has small tattoo of the number 5 above his heart and another large tattoo of the Roman numeral V which spans his entire back. The first time he punted in high school it went for 55 yards and was returned for 5 yards.. "

So offer him $55,555.55 to change to 55.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Not so sure about that.

"...born on May 5th at 5 am after mother endured 5 hours of labor. Father is one of five siblings and Trey himself is the 5th and youngest of five brothers who all played college sports. Has small tattoo of the number 5 above his heart and another large tattoo of the Roman numeral V which spans his entire back. The first time he punted in high school it went for 55 yards and was returned for 5 yards.. "

Maybe he's willing to sell it for $5,555.55

Dang, beaten to it. If it was by 5 minutes, I'd really be freaking out.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Maybe he's willing to sell it for $5,555.55

Dang, beaten to it. If it was by 5 minutes, I'd really be freaking out.

No you weren't. Your 5 offer was much lower 😝

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

It is an interesting question as to what number Jayden will wear.  In the range of numbers between 0-19, the only available numbers are 7,9,12.  No way he gets 9.  Maybe they re-reuse 7?  Otherwise it would be JD12.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hiker said:

It is an interesting question as to what number Jayden will wear.  In the range of numbers between 0-19, the only available numbers are 7,9,12.  No way he gets 9.  Maybe they re-reuse 7?  Otherwise it would be JD12.

Honestly, I think 12 would be a nice one to roll with. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hiker said:

Why is this an interesting question? This conversation is so odd to me. It's a number.

• Thumb down 2

22 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Why is this an interesting question? This conversation is so odd to me. It's a number.

NFL players and their uniform numbers are inextricably connected. The numbers are how fans quickly recognize players on the field. They become part of each player's persona, and fans proudly rock them when they wear an NFL jersey. Sometimes the numbers even become an iconic brand, such as Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady's TB12.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34125083/number-15-rookies-explain-why-chose-their-nfl-uniform-number

• Like 1

Just now, Hiker said:

NFL players and their uniform numbers are inextricably connected. The numbers are how fans quickly recognize players on the field. They become part of each player's persona, and fans proudly rock them when they wear an NFL jersey. Sometimes the numbers even become an iconic brand, such as Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady's TB12.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34125083/number-15-rookies-explain-why-chose-their-nfl-uniform-number

Yes I understand how numbers work. But will the world suddenly end in a cataclysmic orgy of fire and brimstone if a guy wears one number vs a different one?

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yes I understand how numbers work. But will the world suddenly end in a cataclysmic orgy of fire and brimstone if a guy wears one number vs a different one?

I don't know, maybe.   But, I didn't insinuate that it would, I just said it was interesting.   To you or me it might not be that important, but to a player, it appears it can mean something. 

Also, what makes it somewhat more interesting for me is that QB's can only wear 0-19, but other positions can also wear 0-19, plus other ranges.  The Commanders have WR's, K, DE, LB, S all using a number within 0-19.   It is limiting for a QB.

• Like 1

Oh, "it's a number." 🙄 Ok, Mr. No Big Deal Guy.

It's JUST a number.

Then what about 1 is the Loneliest Number"? The Magnificent 7? The Fantastic 4? SEAL Team 6? Deep Space 9? 25 Or 6 to 4? 1st and 10? 16 Candles? There Must Be 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover? The 300 Spartans? The 13th Warrior? Billboards Top 10? 

Yeah. It's just a number. 174752262_reevesqb.thumb.jpg.70afc00ca753a4ccb687a7188482983f.jpg

😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I personally think the best compromise for the number situation is to allow a player to use the Schrödinger equation as their jersey number. That way it's a superposition of all possible numbers and states.

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I personally think the best compromise for the number situation is to allow a player to use the Schrödinger equation as their jersey number. That way it's a superposition of all possible numbers and states.

I can get behind this suggestion (I had to look up what the Schrödinger equation was, but still).  Either that or allow decimals or fractions. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I guess you never played sports and had success if so… a number is a lot too many, maybe not you but you’re only 1 man in the midst of a lot who value a number 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

I guess you never played sports and had success if so… a number is a lot too many, maybe not you but you’re only 1 man in the midst of a lot who value a number 

Yes I played many sports at many levels with varying levels of success. I never put much value in a number. It's just a jersey. The number didn't matter to me, what I did in it mattered.

And yes, I'm only one person in the midst of a lot who value a number. Ask me if I care.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1