Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, Dah-Dee said:

You say a lot of things that make sense, then something like this pops up. Come on, man. Daniels put up 382 yards offense with 3 TD (one tipped-pass INT) against Alabama THIS YEAR. In less than 3 quarters (got knocked out of game by Dallas Turner helmet-to-helmet hit flagged for roughing passer). 

Daniels did yes, Daniels also had one of the best seasons of all time and is probably the second best qb in the country coming into the draft only behind Caleb, but 90-95% of the time Alabama shuts down their opponents offense and against them, compared to most QBs who play them 17-27 221 yards and 3 tds to 0 picks with a victory doesn’t happen. How many other QBs in the last 10 years have even beaten Alabama 14-15? It’s not many.

• Haha 1

OMG Mac you are so agenda driven, repetitive, wordy, and tiresome. I won't even get into how wrong you are because you don't listen. You joined here in December with the name Mac and have pushed one narrative with sick volume and repetition. You're either a bot or have completely gone off the deep end. Your schtick is weird man. I think everyone is clear on your opinion. Could you allow some air for others now?

Edited by Rolo Tomasie
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ok, fine.  I got bated into watching this package.

Thats a helluva breakdown 🫡

I will say I graded his late game stuff higher than you did because of the situation + down and distance, but either way that's one of the best breakdowns I've seen on this site in awhile. Well done, sir.

I probably have his arm strength graded higher than most, but I've heard wide ranging opinions in this regard so we'll just have to wait and see what he does in the league before we come to any real conclusions.

I think if you did the same exercise with the other QBs it would produce a similar "yech", but I'm not going to ask you to do that.

However, I will expect to see you donning an authentic JJ jersey after he comes here and wins the biggie 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, illone said:

Thats a helluva breakdown 

thank you!

I will say I graded his late game stuff higher than you did because of the situation + down and distance, but either way that's one of the best breakdowns I've seen on this site in awhile. Well done, sir.

I tried to just look at the play objectively.  Down/distance is important.  I didn’t go back and look, but it seemed like they weren’t very good on 3rd downs throughout the day.

They also schemed a lot of guys wide open on some late third downs.  My other takeaway was Bamas defense had a bad day. Unusual for a Saban defense.  But they got had a lot.  

I probably have his arm strength graded higher than most, but I've heard wide ranging opinions in this regard so we'll just have to wait and see what he does in the league before we come to any real conclusions.

I really have questions on the arm strength. Specifically driving the ball to the outside.  I saw that in both games I watched. The ball hangs up.  

I think if you did the same exercise with the other QBs it would produce a similar "yech", but I'm not going to ask you to do that.

It’s possible.  I’m not going to though because I have no intention of getting drawn into the Maye/Daniels debate.  That’s a road to frustration. 

However, I will expect to see you donning an authentic JJ jersey after he comes here and wins the biggie 😂

My family owns many.  I think I’ll just leave it at that. 

27 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

You think that’s bad, watch Maye vs Clemson and NC State.  On top of that, he went 17-27 this game with 3tds to 0 picks, while beating the best defense in college football. You should’ve picked the ball state game. Not many QBs have had a game as good as JJ had that game against Alabama in years.

1) Alabama wasn't the best defense in college football last season. On most lists they barely broke the top 20.

2) I was curious how you would react to such a detailed breakdown. And...wow this is weaksauce. Like...turbo weaksauce. Your only response is "well...something something...MAYE!....something..."

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

Daniels did yes, Daniels also had one of the best seasons of all time and is probably the second best qb in the country coming into the draft only behind Caleb, but 90-95% of the time Alabama shuts down their opponents offense and against them, compared to most QBs who play them 17-27 221 yards and 3 tds to 0 picks with a victory doesn’t happen. How many other QBs in the last 10 years have even beaten Alabama 14-15? It’s not many.

He did beat them last year in OT, just saying. 

Just now, Rolo Tomasie said:

OMG Mac you are so agenda driven, repetitive, wordy, and tiresome. I won't even get into how wrong you are because you don't listen. You joined here in December with the name Mac and have pushed one narrative with sick volume and repetition. You're either a bot or have completely gone off the deep end. Your schtick is weird man 

Which narrative is that? I’m pretty sure I’ve discussed plenty of subjects, I was hated for my takes on Sam earlier as well.

You guys do this to everyone who disagrees with your takes about Maye. You jump them down until they finally just ignore you. But I’d love to hear how wrong I am, I was told all about that with my takes on Sam as well until everyone started to agree with me that he wasn’t good. Sometimes you either guess or see something right and you get a victory lap, with Sam it was my dad that convinced me he wasn’t good, so I can’t even take the credit for seeing that early.

On top of that, I’m just engaging in conversation, nobodies forcing anyone to even read my takes.

I did devolve into name calling once but I’ve learned my lesson and appreciate the mods for their understanding and know not to do that again. But, I try not to call people wrong or say anything that could be seen as a personal attack on another’s takes. Most personal attacks do come from the Maye supporters while the supporters of others try to either prop up their guy or take shots at Maye not the person posting about their fondness over him. Again I did do this once and I apologize @mistertim.

I really don’t have an agenda, not even sure what an agenda would look like on here, I guess I really like Caleb Williams and think he’d be a great fit here for this team, and the city, and to help bring in new fans because younger people than me will relate to him, but that is more of a take than an agenda. I think he not only could make us a winning franchise again but could possibly usher in new glory days that we’ve longed for, for so long just because he could excite a group of younger fans with his personality, and us older guys with wins at the same time.

8 minutes ago, NOLA2DC said:

He did beat them last year in OT, just saying. 

Daniels is great, Bamas D is always great. You don’t see many QBs have good games against bama let alone great ones, goes to show you just how great Hayden truly was this year

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

1) Alabama wasn't the best defense in college football last season. On most lists they barely broke the top 20.

Also a byproduct of conference play. Better slate of opponents. Still put up numbies

WHOO! SEC SUPREMACY!

sUPYyMs15G6dUa0etDwkmXH6_aQ.gif.010f16c2beb72f4f51c62faeed0febcd.gif

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, mistertim said:

2) I was curious how you would react to such a detailed breakdown. And...wow this is weaksauce. Like...turbo weaksauce. Your only response is "well...something something...MAYE!....something..."

To your first point, that is a by product of who they played, Alabama consistently sends more defensive players to the pros every year than any other college team. You can’t use those statistics to judge the true strength of it, it’s not like the NFL where it is built for parity and the skill level team to team is supposed to be relatively thin. If bama played in a lesser conference, they’d be ranked higher. In college ball there are so many teams that have 0 common opponents judging a ds ranking that way is basically pointless. 

To your second point, I’m not sure what it means. If your talking about reasons breakdown, it’s fairly thorough, though admittedly he said he didn’t know much about college ball and picked a game that McCarthy played well enough in to beat the team that just beat defending national champion back to back georgia that hadn’t been beaten in 2 years mainly by stifling their offense. So I’d say that yes there were some throws McCarthy missed, but he did make enough plays and protected the ball well enough to lead his team to victory that game, they don’t win if he doesn’t throw 3 tds.

On top of that McCarthy is a junior in college, not a seasoned vet in the NFL, and reason graded it as if it were an NFL qb, not sure who he used as a base line to grade against, but against an upper echelon type of qb in the nfl I find his grades a little lower than my tastes, but I do agree, there was some plays left out on the field

Edited by mac8887

43 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

To your first point, that is a by product of who they played, Alabama consistently sends more defensive players to the pros every year than any other college team. You can’t use those statistics to judge the true strength of it, it’s not like the NFL where it is built for parity and the skill level team to team is supposed to be relatively thin. If bama played in a lesser conference, they’d be ranked higher. In college ball there are so many teams that have 0 common opponents judging a ds ranking that way is basically pointless. 

To your second point, I’m not sure what it means. If your talking about reasons breakdown, it’s fairly thorough, though admittedly he said he didn’t know much about college ball and picked a game that McCarthy played well enough in to beat the team that just beat defending national champion back to back georgia that hadn’t been beaten in 2 years mainly by stifling their offense. So I’d say that yes there were some throws McCarthy missed, but he did make enough plays and protected the ball well enough to lead his team to victory that game, they don’t win if he doesn’t throw 3 tds.

On top of that McCarthy is a junior in college, not a seasoned vet in the NFL, and reason graded it as if it were an NFL qb, not sure who he used as a base line to grade against, but against an upper echelon type of qb in the nfl I find his grades a little lower than my tastes, but I do agree, there was some plays left out on the field

And yet Alabama has still been ranked 1st or close to 1st in previous seasons, regardless. This past season they simply weren't as good as they have been in past years. Good, but not the dominating force they've been in the past.

VoR didn't "pick" that game. Someone else here posted it as proof of how great McCarthy is and some of us found it lacking. I watched it a few times and found it pretty ho-hum and then VoR did a full breakdown and pointed out why it was ho-hum. I noticed a bunch of screens, holding the ball, some errant throws, and a quite a few tosses to wide open receivers. There were a couple nice plays in there but overall it wasn't exactly eye opening.

And VoR was grading it by NFL standards because this guy is going into the NFL. So "that would get your receiver murdered in the NFL" means that's a play he'd never be able to make in the pro game (unless he wanted his WRs coming after him with baseball bats after games).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

More smoke about the Giants and Maye

lol this is gonna pump up the rivalry again (not really, not until we start winning against them). Giants fans are going to spend the next two months convincing themselves (for some reason) that we’ll take Daniels and then the Patriots will trade them the #3 pick to take Maye (for some reason). And then what’ll actually happen in the end is…we’ll take Maye, the Patriots will take Daniels, and they’ll all be in shambles trying to forget they spent months trying to talk Maye to their roster into reality 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, mac8887 said:

No not really, I’m just willing to look and see the players film without a personal biased and am willing to call out players deficiencies rather I like them or not. I watch a lot of football, college, pro, high school, and I know I’m no great evaluater or some guru, but I do try to watch these guys as unbiased as possible, and the only one that I think is worthy of our pick at #2 this year is Caleb Williams. Daniels legs rasises his bust potential a little more than the others, but all of the other QBs in this draft have the same bust potential as any other, in most drafts taken in the first round.

Neither Maye, or McCarthy or Daniels, or Nix or Penix has more than a 50% chance of being a top 10 QB in the league year after year for years to come. Only Caleb Williams has that type of generational talent this draft and still he is probably only around a 60% certainty. I’d be willing to take the chance on Caleb. The difference is with the others, with everyone but Maye there is a chance of possibly trading down, still getting them, while recouping picks to make a push for another qb in the future just in case this one fails, or if there is a generational talent that comes available.

Do you realize how amazing it would be if we literally had a coin flip chance at a top-10 quality franchise QB? You’d be a ****ing idiot not to flip that coin if that was actually the case. And you’re posing that as a downside? You’re just saying stuff.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, mac8887 said:

Why not pick up Russ for a couple of seasons and let him take a beating for 2 years until we get the line ready for Maye to come in. It’ll be hard for him to overcome his inconsistency and inaccuracy issues getting swarmed everygame. Especially now that we’ve got rid of one of our better lineman. 

By then we could have the line rebuilt and strong, and Maye will have worked through his issues.

Sam got broken by a bad line even after to sit a year, Id be horrified to see what he would’ve looked like taking that many hits as a rookie.

Harris, Quinn, and Peter’s said they wanted to build for the long haul, I don’t see a good enough reason to rush a really talented rookie out there to get his spirit, will, and body broke by taking so many hits.

We really need to make this o line better either by draft or free agency or coaching or a combination of all 3 before I’d risk our shiny new toy.

That’s why I’m so confused why people don’t want Russ, vet minimum contract, he either comes in and plays well, making us a wildcard contender for the next year or 2, or at the very least saves our young guys bodies by eating hits for a year getting paid scraps compared to others, because of Denver footing the bill while we rebuild the line. It’s a win/win.

Doesn't sound like a good sales pitch if you're Wilson. "Hey, Russ, we're gonna give you peanuts to come here and be the proverbial first man out of the bunker to absorb the first hail of bullets every week until our line can pick up a stunt and our stud QB is ready to push you out the door." I can't imagine Wilson's response being "where do I sign?"  

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ok, fine.  I got bated into watching this package.

Bottom line up front: this was a BAD BAD BAD game from an NFL perspective for McCarthy.  This convinces me more than ever we're getting a massive sell job, because between this and the Ohio State game, I come away thinking McCarthy is an average college QB on a fantastic team with none of the traits needed to be an NFL QB.  It's possible I'm missing something, but if we select this guy, I'm going to be scratching my head. 

So, I guess now I have a more clear opinion.  I used to have basically none, because I watched one college game the entire year while drinking beer. Now I've watched this package fairly closely.  So my opinion has changed from not having an opinion to "not this guy.  Pick somebody else."  Maybe he develops and is the next GOAT.  But nothing I saw leads me to think that would be the case.   

Biggest criticisms:

- He holds the ball.

- Throws high a lot.

- Most of his successful throws travel 4-10 yards to an open receiver. 

- Average arm strength at best.  Has zip on short throws.  Driving the ball to the outside, ball looses velocity quickly.  

- Did I mention he holds the ball?

- Does not seem to recognize 1:1 matchups pre-snap.  

Yech.  That was awful.  

Look below for play by play analysis. 

Play 1: After the play fake has a guy WIDE OPEN at the 30 for an easy completion, holds the ball, keeps running, and then throws a ball in the general direction of the sideline.  He might have been trying to get it out of bounds, or he didn't see the guy who picked it off.  Play grade: F-.

Play 2: Quick screen to the short side of the field.  NOTE: the has is MUCH closer to the sideline in college than the pros.  In the pros, that throw is another 10-15 yards.  Good velocity and accuracy on the throw, but it's a throw a D-1 college QB should make 10 times out of 10. Pay Grade: C. But couldn't be higher because of the play. 

Play 3: Incomplete pass.  Throw was late.  If he throws it when his back foot hits, it's a completion.  This is an easy concept, where he's reading to his left, both receivers are immediately covered, the TE is wide open running right to left, and he's late. You could argue he should have known the quick game to his left was going to be covered based on pre-snap read, the CB was taking inside coverage on the outside receiver.  The receiver who came in motion and went to the slot at the snap was going to run directly into the zone of the nickel corner.  That route combination was dead at the snap. If he had recognized that, he could come to TE 89 immediately and it's a completion.  Pay Grade: D.

Play 4: He had 2 receivers open, the deeper one was at the "M" on the field at the 42 yard line.  I honestly can't tell what happened because the resolution isn't great.  It looks like he threw the ball to the feet of the near receiver.  I'm going to grade this as an incomplete because I can't tell what he was trying to do.  Having said that, this should have been a 10 yard minimum completion to the deep receiver who was open by 8 yards and it was an incomplete, so something didn't happen correctly.

Play 5: Quick screen to the right, the ball traveled from one hash to the other.  Everything I said about Play 2 holds here.  Play Grade: C.  But it couldn't be any higher.  

Play 6: QB Keeper.  His athletic ability is not in question.  Play Grade: Not grading designed running plays. 

Play 7: Scrambles to his left and then throws late on the sideline.  This was overly complicated.  If he throws on time to his outside WR on the left, he has a TD.  The receiver has inside leverage, and runs right by the CB, and the safety is caught going the other way. And he was staring right at it.   But he's late on the read, bails the pocket.  He gets an upgrade for making a throw in the scramble drill.  Play Grade: C.  Made something out of missing a a read for a sure TD.

Play 8: TD.  This was a TD to the RB who leaked out late and Alabama completely lost him.  It was a 9 yard throw to a player who didn't have a white shirt within 10 yards of him.  And McCarthy didn't have a white shirt within 4 yards of him either.  Play Grade: C.  But it couldn't have been any higher.

Play 9: This is the first "good" play!  But it's still late.  He waits until his receiver breaks to throw the ball.  In the NFL, you've got to throw that ball out there before the receiver makes his break so the ball is on him before the CB has time to react.  Difference between college and pro.  The receiver was wide open.  Play grade: B. 

Play 10: QB Draw.  Looked designed.  Not grading designed QB runs

Play 11: Got a completion over the middle for 7 yards on 3rd and 9.  What he did was fine.  He had a 1:1 matchup on the left side he didn't even look at.  If he had, he would have seen his receiver chucked the DB basically on his ass and he would have had the first if not a TD.  I can't tell who that WR is, but DAMN that was a good chuck.  Play Grade: B-.  Got a completion, but should have recognized the 1:1 coverage on a WR on 3rd and 9 and not immediately gone to the checkdown.  

Play 12: This is a good college play and an incompletion, and would be a pick-6 in the NFL.  Throws somewhat late to the right side. It's a 30 yard out which is thrown with a lot of loft on the ball.  The receiver has to go up to get it. It isn't driven to the spot.  In this case the ball was over the head of an open receiver.  Play grade: C-.  Ok in college.  Disaster in the NFL.  

Play 13:   I'm going to give him a pass on this play.  He sprints and throws the ball with velocity on 3rd and 6.  This was essentially a 2 receiver route and both were covered.  By rolling right, he cut the field in half.  When both of those guys are blanketed, not much you can do. Play Grade: B for not doing something dumb.  

Play 14: Throws over the middle to the TE in timing, but behind him.  Play Grade: B-.  Right read, bad throw, but got a completion. 

Play 15: TRICKERATION!  Backwards pass to the right, ball thrown back to McCarthy, who then completes the ball down field.  This was madly impressive.  The throw back to McCarthy was awful, and he had to jump up to get it.  Then he had a guy in his face, and managed to organize himself well enough to throw the ball down field.  Play Grade: A.  

Play 16: Short completion to TE on a crosser who's wide open.  Good protection.  A little late on the throw, but not too bad.  Play Grade: B+

Play 17: Escaped the pocket and threw it away.  He had #9 if he threw it immediately.  Protection broke down quickly.  Play Grade: C+.  He could have had a completion, but he didn't take a sack and got out of trouble.

Play 18: Bad throw late to a wide open receiver who fell down because he had to contort himself to make the catch.  Play Grade: C.  Got the completion, should have been a lot more. 

Play 19: Quick throw.  In time.  Terrible throw high.  Play Grade: D.

Play 20: Quick throw.  Open receiver.  Led him too far. Play Grade: D.

Play 21: Hit as the threw off of Play Action.  Play Grade: Not-graded.  

Play 22:  This is an interesting play. It's 3rd and 9.  He has a guy running wide open 4 yards down field when he hits the top of his drop.  Looking right at him.  He turns it down and evades to his right.  Which might be ok, if you're looking for something deeper.  But then he tries to hit another guy 4 yards down field while on the run and it's incomplete.  If you're going to turn down the layup because he's going to get tackled before the 1st, then don't just throw to another guy who's going to get tackled.  Play Grade: D.

Play 23: This is a really great play design.  The guy running the jet sweep turns into the receiver.  Alabama completely loses him.  McCarthy hits this in time. Good play to a wide open receiver.  Play Grade: B.

Play 24: Quick WR screen.  7 yard throw.  It was fine.  Play Grade: C.  But it couldn't have been any higher.

Play 25:  Quick WR screen.  From one hash to the next.  It was fine.  Play Grade: C.  But it couldn't have been any higher.

Play 26: 3rd and 2.  Rolls immediately right and then throws a ball into a lot of traffic that gets batted down.  Very odd playcall.  Play Grade: C.  It could have been a disaster.

Play 27: 4th and 2 which followed the 3rd and 2 odd play-call.  Alabama completely loses the RB, and it's an easy completion.  Play Grade: B.  Easy completion to a wide open WR. But it was 4th and 2.  

Play 28: QB keeper.  Not grading designed QB runs

Play 29: Possibly my least favorite play of the game.  Maybe.  He HOLDS the ball so long, then throws high.  It's complete for a big gain.  In the NFL, the WR is being escorted to the blue tent at best, or it's an INT, or both.  When you throw late and high in the NFL, only bad things happen.  Play Grade: F.  Even thought it was a completed pass for a big gain.  Awful play.  

Play 30: Great play design.  TD pass.  The ball traveled 4 yards in the air. Wide open. They snuck a receiver from the right side behind the line, Alabama didn't notice, and McCarthy could have underhand tossed the ball to him.  Play Grade: C.  But it couldn't have been higher.  

I like you for this post, but I dislike you for being the kind of goon who could type up this novel out of spite. 

The duality of man 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, mac8887 said:

You think that’s bad, watch Maye vs Clemson and NC State.  On top of that, he went 17-27 this game with 3tds to 0 picks, while beating the best defense in college football. You should’ve picked the ball state game. Not many QBs have had a game as good as JJ had that game against Alabama in years.

I’m convinced from reading your posts, and your responses to other posts, that you don’t actually watch these players (much). You’re invested, you’ve read a lot, but these aren’t your own well-informed opinions that you’ve got comfort sparring about. It’s not just the goal post moving—there’s very very little actual football content in your posts. You are vague as hell and almost always reference stats and others’ opinions. You’re boxscore scouting to the extreme. VOR just wrote a novel to you breaking down play after play after play with real opinions and you again responded with repetitive, vague stuff that doesn’t stem from actually watching these guys play. You deflect, deflect, deflect to a talking point for some reason (and I’m not even saying that he’s right and you’re wrong btw…just that your eyes glazed over, you skimmed it, and you never had any intention of actually talking about any specific plays).

You wrote a long response to me earlier that didn’t actually satisfy my curiosity about what you’re seeing with JJ, but seemed like a good faith effort so I acknowledged that and moved on. But going back and reading it, it’s very generic. You talk about stats out of context and then you just make stuff up that seems right in a way that supports your opinion. 

Everyone here wants the best QB for us. There’s no incentive to bash a guy just to bash a guy—we want to figure out from our limited fan perspective who is the best for this franchise. Right? I don’t know why you won’t participate in that in a real way. I don’t know what the point of having an agenda is on this topic where we have no power. When you say people are being haters or just “bashing” JJ, what do you imagine the motive is? The vast majority of people here aren’t fans of these QB’s respective college teams. There’s no reason to be biased—you just aren’t presenting a good argument. 

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 2

5 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

If I catch any of you bozos regurgitating that stupid story from Draft Day about whoever we draft sending the team back their $100 in their playbook I'm going for the jugular and the courts will deem my hate crime as justified.

Untitled-1c.jpg.ccac3e58a6ab8d8f7590ce0ccb9552af.jpg

Did you know that none of Caleb Williams' teammates went to his birthday party?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I am already sick of listening to Caleb speak. I'm shocked he doesn't refer to himself in 3rd person.

He’s certainly going to divide opinion, pretty much love or hate I dare say, especially if league success follows….

23 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

He’s certainly going to divide opinion, pretty much love or hate I dare say, especially if league success follows….

It's like Mahomes brother is getting drafted.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Conn said:

I’m convinced from reading your posts, and your responses to other posts, that you don’t actually watch these players (much). You’re invested, you’ve read a lot, but these aren’t your own well-informed opinions that you’ve got comfort sparring about. It’s not just the goal post moving—there’s very very little actual football content in your posts. You are vague as hell and almost always reference stats and others’ opinions. You’re boxscore scouting to the extreme. VOR just wrote a novel to you breaking down play after play after play with real opinions and you again responded with repetitive, vague stuff that doesn’t stem from actually watching these guys play. You deflect, deflect, deflect to a talking point for some reason (and I’m not even saying that he’s right and you’re wrong btw…just that your eyes glazed over, you skimmed it, and you never had any intention of actually talking about any specific plays).

You wrote a long response to me earlier that didn’t actually satisfy my curiosity about what you’re seeing with JJ, but seemed like a good faith effort so I acknowledged that and moved on. But going back and reading it, it’s very generic. You talk about stats out of context and then you just make stuff up that seems right in a way that supports your opinion. 

Everyone here wants the best QB for us. There’s no incentive to bash a guy just to bash a guy—we want to figure out from our limited fan perspective who is the best for this franchise. Right? I don’t know why you won’t participate in that in a real way. I don’t know what the point of having an agenda is on this topic where we have no power. When you say people are being haters or just “bashing” JJ, what do you imagine the motive is? The vast majority of people here aren’t fans of these QB’s respective college teams. There’s no reason to be biased—you just aren’t presenting a good argument. 

Again with the you, you, you stuff. It’s the same stuff over and over. Why not worry about the players, instead of me?. I’ve posted stats, arguments, and video of why I think McCarthy could be better than Maye, I’ve also stated that Maye could turn out to be really good. 

Im not some end all be all when it comes to scouting evaluations, and prefer to take in info from others that are far more qualified than myself to make such evaluations. At the very least to compare and contrast what I’m seeing.

Drake Maye being this can’t miss prospect is a take that many don’t have including myself.

Cakes from the Junkies has recently moved him to his FUBAR list, stating he is un draftable. Now I don’t agree with that take, but it just goes to show you that everyone doesn’t agree on Drake Maye.

And finally I’m arguing with the hypothetical stance that we could trade back and recoup draft capital to secure any of the other guys.

Its not a crime to think that JJ, or Nix, or Daniels, or Penix could possibly be better than Maye, or at the very least good enough to warrant a trade back to get an extra 1st or 2 to put fill out the other positions that we are both lacking in talent and depth.

The hit rate on these QBs are so slim. The #2 pick is so valuable. I just can’t jump on board with using it on a QB with inconsistency and inaccuracy issues. 

On top of that this is coming from a place of un bias because if it were up to me, we’d do everything we can to secure Caleb Williams, including trading future first rounder and even more. He is the only one in this class who has a better chance of not busting than the rest including most QBs drafted in the first round in most drafts. That’s why you hear the term, generational talent, attached to his name. You don’t hear that about anyone else except for the extreme outlier here and there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5