Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

The thread title has been changed multiple times by OP to purposefully mock Heinicke, and was changed again after the loss against Minnesota.  And just like the Hive disappears when he has a bad game, OP is nowhere to be seen now.

I was on here pretty drunk after the game and early this morning pretty hungover. 

70untu.jpg

We had a 3.2 yard run average and they still didn't want to let Heini air it out. 17/29 211 and 1 pick no TDs and if Terry wasn't amazing, probably another couple picks.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

I was on here pretty drunk after the game and early this morning pretty hungover. 

We had a 3.2 yard run average and they still didn't want to let Heini air it out. 17/29 211 and 1 pick no TDs and if Terry wasn't amazing, probably another couple picks.

4pd2u0.png?a463296

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

I also want to take a second and thank TH for making the games entertaining again.

Like win/lose...

They are fun to watch. Colts, Packers Eagles, even the Vikes. 

The games have been fun to watch.

The Bears game, even winning that game, was not fun to watch.

In the end, this is supposed to be entertaining. 

And the games are entertaining!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, wit33 said:

This is part of the elite returns Ron was expected to provide as a coach. So young everywhere on defense is encouraging on top of seeing results. 

Agree.

And to each their own for those who disagree but i don't get the ones, saying this is a meh roster that needs overhaul and a total reboot.  I get it from some in the throes of the bad early start.  A lot of anger then.  But still now?  And I reminded on threads over and over again then, that Rivera for whatever reason starts poorly and then starts to win -- are people so sure this time he's down for the count?

This defense is young and legit.  And that's without Chase Young.  Lost Mathis too for the season.

Dotson, Terry, Samuel might be better than the D. Jax, Garcon, Crowder WR trio or at least they are in the same conversation.  We got some young TEs developing. 

People until this year were touting Masko as this O line genius who can turn lemonade from lemons because the O line was good even with injuries.  They miscalculated this off season. at guard.  Schweitzer has been a good backup-sub but he's missed most of the season.  Rouillier out again.  Chris Paul supposedly looks good in practice and might get a go soon.   Rivera has cited wanting a top O line.  I don't think they will struggle to bring it back up to par. 

As far as Taylor, i am not as harsh as some critics are but I am certainly hardcore that he's not the solution.  I do think (and have said so from the jump after his first game back) he galvanizes this team way more so than Wentz.  He brings some mojo to the team, no doubt.  I'd cringe if he's the solution for next season.  But as a backup, I'd take him anyday of the week.

And when i say he's a cool dude, its not sarcasm.  He's a fun chill guy.  I watched Tress Way interviewing Heinicke on Hang Time twice. Entertaining watch. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Taylor wasn't great. He is never going to be great. But like I have said before he has that IT factor and somehow things just work out, slowly but surly. I do like how he just brushed off after that turnover to start the game and then was able to execute a well put together drive for a TD to even the game. The INT was an ill advised throw indeed though as the ball hung in the air a tad bit too long. 

Despite the run game we also did have a passing game too. That dime to Terry was really good. If only he could do that all of the times even with his limited arm it would open up the passing more. Doesn't have to be 40 yarders. 20-30 will do just fine. Adding more runs to pass really helped him too. He was able to take advantage of that and some of his passes were really good too. Mental mistakes happen all of the time. He is pretty accurate on short to medium stuff more than some think. 

I also liked how smart he is too. Throwing away the football after it went over his head and then taking a knee and then yelling at the ref to throw the flag for the late hit. He knows his ****. I will give him that. 

Not a perfect game and you will never get that with Taylor but that moxie **** works for him and his teammates. They really rally behind it and eat that up. It was a team win. All 3 sides did enough to put the Eagles down.

With Taylor the game is more fun to watch at least. I want my Sundays to be fun - yes at times it can be frustrating. With Wentz it was frustrating the entire game since you know what he can do but is not. But with Taylor we know what he can't do but when he does some stuff better and we are like wow did he really do that and that's what makes it more exciting. Taylor does give one a little hope, a small one, but it is there.  

I don't want to see Wentz at all. Next man up should be Howell - a QB who was projected to go in the 1st round. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I know this team sucks.  Rivera sucks.  As you said last night a flukey win.    Everything is really really bad.

What I liked about the 2015 Crew was all the clear defined roles. Terry is the best of the group but none of what we currently have is the threat of DJax. I’d much rather prepare for Terry than DJax. Pierre was a fantastic X that caught balls everywhere. Terrible deep ball catcher though. DJax is in the top 5 of deep threats all time. A threat on every single play that completely changes a way a defense was schemed. Crowder was a fantastic slot guy with reliable hands and found soft spots all over the middle of the field.  

Ours is pretty good. Curtis is an ok number 2 that has more gadget to him than anything else. We’ll see what happens with Jahan. I don’t see him as a slot guy with his lack of production over the middle of the field in PSU. 

There’s just way too much overlap in our current group to say it’s better than the 2015 group. I think we have essentially 3 Y WRs right now. No Xs on the team and 2 guys that can play the slot but better else whwre 

Edited by Zim489

59 minutes ago, tshile said:

Captain try hard over here 

good luck with your forum war 😆 

@BatteredFanSyndrome is so butt hurt over things he’s come in here after last nights amazing win just to be negative and cause problems. 

super awkward and weird for an adult but here he is, just being himself. 

You are so mad, that you had to come back and edit your post to get more barbs in.  You and I both know your football takes stink.  And you of all people, the king of making folks roll their eyes with your pretentious act of how smart you are on every topic, commenting on who I am as a poster is something else.

I’ve literally complimented @zCommander, Heinicke, Scott Turner, the defense, etc. on multiple occasions this morning.

But for whatever reason you want to cape for bandwagon Billy.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

What I liked about the 2015 Crew was all the clear defined roles. Terry is the best of the group but none of what we currently have is the threat of DJax. I’d much rather prepare for Terry than DJax. Pierre was a fantastic X that caught balls everywhere. Terrible deep ball catcher though. DJax is in the top 5 of deep threats all time. A threat on every single play that completely changes a way a defense was schemed. Crowder was a fantastic slot guy with reliable hands and found soft spots all over the middle of the field.  

Ours is pretty good. Curtis is an ok number 2 that has more gadget to him than anything else. We’ll see what happens with Jahan. I don’t see him as a slot guy with his lack of production over the middle of the field in PSU. 

There’s just way too much overlap in our current group to say it’s better than the 2015 group. I think we have essentially 3 Y WRs right now. No Xs on the team and 2 guys that can play the slot but better else whwre 

You wouldn't find a bigger fan at the time than me as to D. Jax.  But to me Terry > D. Jax.  D. Jax is an elite deep threat but wasn't an overall do everything WR like Terry.   I'd also add Terry blocks, a really good blocker.  D. Jax was a liability to put it mildly as a blocker.  And yes blocking is part of the package especially if you want to run the ball.

I think Curtis is better than just an OK #2.  I'd go Garcon though over him.

I like Dotson's potential over Crowder.

Like i said at a minimum its in the same conversation as that crew. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.

And to each their own for those who disagree but i don't get the ones, saying this is a meh roster that needs overhaul and a total reboot.  I get it from some in the throes of the bad early start.  A lot of anger then.  But still now?  And I reminded on threads over and over again then, that Rivera for whatever reason starts poorly and then starts to win -- are people so sure this time he's down for the count?

Washington has outplayed the 8-1 Vikings and now 8-1 Eagles in back to back weeks. 

Following it and seeing with Washington, Rivera really is elite in terms of culture and team building. I had confidence Rivera would somehow make a season out of it through all of the adversity early in the season and distractions off the field. It’s not been a perfect ride with Rivera for me, as I’ve disagreed many times, but I continue to back him and believe he’s a great fit for this franchise. 

I love seeing the defense really begin to take shape. Not crazy to project a 2-4 year window that unit impacting the win meter consistently. You combine Ron’s team building with some great defense, you just might be able to escape from mediocrity a period of time. 

This defense is young and legit.  And that's without Chase Young.  Lost Mathis too for the season.

Can’t wait for Chase. Like you, I value his energy and leadership very much on game days. It appears to be genuine and well received by teammates. Even if he provides above average play, his infectious energy can be a difference. 

Dotson, Terry, Samuel might be better than the D. Jax, Garcon, Crowder WR trio or at least they are in the same conversation.  We got some young TEs developing. 

The one bummer of the ground and pound is Samuel having to take a severe hit on touches. Really hope they get to point of realizing we must get Samuel 10-14 touches per game. He’s different out there in the way he moves. You can see he is prioritized, but I’d just make him the 3rd down back. Get Samuel the ball! 

They get Samuel rolling, that can unlock another level in the offense. 

People until this year were touting Masko as this O line genius who can turn lemonade from lemons because the O line was good even with injuries.  They miscalculated this off season. at guard.  Schweitzer has been a good backup-sub but he's missed most of the season.  Rouillier out again.  Chris Paul supposedly looks good in practice and might get a go soon.   Rivera has cited wanting a top O line.  I don't think they will struggle to bring it back up to par. 

It seems they believe in draft/developing this position and remaining cost efficient. No doubt this will be of high priority if his off season. The trenches really do matter to Rivera, but as you mentioned, they got hit with some injuries. 

As far as Taylor, i am not as harsh as some critics are but I am certainly hardcore that he's not the solution.  I do think (and have said so from the jump after his first game back) he galvanizes this team way more so than Wentz.  He brings some mojo to the team, no doubt.  I'd cringe if he's the solution for next season.  But as a backup, I'd take him anyday of the week.

I agree on not being the franchise guy. He was intriguing for a bit last season to be a cheap starter while canvassing the draft for a QB. I wouldn’t lose my mind if he was in a QB competition with another cheap veteran and first round QB next season. 

I like Richardson who you mentioned a while back. 

And when i say he's a cool dude, its not sarcasm.  He's a fun chill guy.  I watched Tress Way interviewing Heinicke on Hang Time twice. Entertaining watch. 

No doubt easy to root for. I’ve chosen to take the ride and have fun with it. 

• Like 3

@Zim489 I think you’re wayyyyy over selling past teams.

McLaurin is the best receiver in the group of DJax, Garçon, Crowder, Samuel and Dotson.

Garcon is probably second. Samuel is next. DJax after him. Why so low? He was a deep ball receiver with elite speed that didn’t do much else. But he was fantastic at that. And short catches that he could turn the jets on for YAC. Samuel is much more versatile. Dotson isn’t Crowder yet, so I’ll give the nod to Crowder for now, but Dotson was hurt and what he’s showing so far makes him look like he’s going to surpass many of these receivers, sans only perhaps McLaurin.

The difference in this team and past teams isn’t even the QB. That’s similar. It’s the line. This line is horrendous.

So bad it brings the rest of the team down.

I’m not enamored with Sweat, I’d trade him this offseason. We need to replace Holcomb and Forrest and Curl should never come off the field for McCain. We have to figure out Payne, could use another CB. We aren’t a loaded roster. 

But we are a very even roster. Our high end isn’t elite, but our low end isn’t trash, either. It’s an average roster with potential to be better with better OL play. That’s not even factoring in how much better we’d be with an elite QB.

My Bryce Young pipe dream is over. But we’ll see. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You wouldn't find a bigger fan at the time than me as to D. Jax.  But to me Terry > D. Jax.  D. Jax is an elite deep threat but wasn't an overall do everything WR like Terry.   I'd also add Terry blocks, a really good blocker.  D. Jax was a liability to put it mildly as a blocker.  And yes blocking is part of the package especially if you want to run the ball.

I think Curtis is better than just an OK #2.  I'd go Garcon though over him.

I like Dotson's potential over Crowder.

Like i said at a minimum its in the same conversation as that crew. 

I said Terry was better overall as well. Potential we’ll see on Jahan. I don’t see him as a slot guy what so ever. 

I value the clear delineation of roles the 2015 had. 88 with the clear domination in the middle yardage across the entire field. Significantly better blocker than anyone here. 11 with the just the threat od the deep ball made everything easier. Crowder great and reliable from his rookie year in the slot. 

I don’t like the “position” flex aspect that Ron is fixated on. Having 1-2 guys that can do a little bit everything is great but there’s different positions and alignments for a reason 

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Just throwing it out there for the people who are sad that we beat an undefeated Eagles team in their house, KC used the #23 pick to get Mahomes.  You have Mahomes, Jackson, and Hurts as some of the best QBs in the league that could have been drafted by playoff teams.

The ship to a top draft pick sailed.  The roster is too good overall for that, particularly the defense.

Sadly, what’s most likely to happen is play more 50/50 ball and end up just outside looking in at the playoffs and picking high teens.

What the teams you mention do well, that we historically have been awful at is managing their assets, buying and selling, flipping picks, etc.  If we did that better we’d have the firepower to make things happen easier.

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

But we are a very even roster. Our high end isn’t elite, but our low end isn’t trash, either. It’s an average roster with potential to be better with better OL play. That’s not even factoring in how much better we’d be with an elite QB.

I made my point about The difference just above. But I agree with this. It lacks elite talent across the board. For the one person who thinks across the board means elite players at every position it’s not. Should be a few of them sprinkled at multiple levels of offense and defense. We don’t have that anywhere Sans Jon Allen. 

I will concede that Ron has done a great job building up the middle and bottom of the roster. Nothing for the top end where it’s the most important for high end success. Elite talent Carries elite teams. That been my biggest issue with Ron. He’s made a bad team decent and decent is worse than Bad in the NFL

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The difference in this team and past teams isn’t even the QB. That’s similar. It’s the line. This line is horrendous.

So bad it brings the rest of the team down.

Yup. There's nothing the line does well either that we could build an identity around or exploit if it's really working. They can't move the LoS, they can't reach defenders in space, they aren't stout in pass pro. Every game will need in-game adjustment to make things easier for the OL. Coaches have their work cut out for them.

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m not enamored with Sweat, I’d trade him this offseason. We need to replace Holcomb and Forrest and Curl should never come off the field for McCain. We have to figure out Payne, could use another CB. We aren’t a loaded roster. 

Well, last game we went in a form of Buffalo for 100% of the snaps. Curl, McCain, and Forrest all played 100%. The defensive packages were pretty unique this game, coaches definitely went in with a niche gameplan. Lots of credit to them as we used no nickel corners. Just BSJ, Fuller, and safeties.

6 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Just throwing it out there for the people who are sad that we beat an undefeated Eagles team in their house, KC used the #23 pick to get Mahomes.  You have Mahomes, Jackson, and Hurts as some of the best QBs in the league that could have been drafted by playoff teams.

Those teams had elite talent as it was and had a long run of adding elite talent through the draft. This staff has shown the opposite. 

3 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I made my point about The difference just above. But I agree with this. It lacks elite talent across the board. For the one person who thinks across the board means elite players at every position it’s not. Should be a few of them sprinkled at multiple levels of offense and defense. We don’t have that anywhere Sans Jon Allen. 

I will concede that Ron has done a great job building up the middle and bottom of the roster. Nothing for the top end where it’s the most important for high end success. Elite talent Carries elite teams. That been my biggest issue with Ron. He’s made a bad team decent and decent is worse than Bad in the NFL

I'd argue McLaurin is elite. But beyond that, I agree. We don't have elite talent outside of Allen/Payne and McLaurin

14 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Potential we’ll see on Jahan. I don’t see him as a slot guy what so ever. 

You don't see him a slot guy what so ever?  The question about Dotson transitioning to the NFL centered on can he beat press and thereby can he play outside?  He's tailor made for slot.  That's how he was mostly billed coming out of the draft.  He played both outside and inside at Penn State.  I watched a lot of Dotson before the draft.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1