Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

12 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

pretty amusing desciption from Tress.

TH really is an unorthodox, sandlot type QB.  Which IMO makes him the perfect relief QB.  He doesn't shrink from the moment.  Even when he makes mistakes.  He drives DC's crazy with stuff that most defenses don't see very often.  He throws a lot of balls that should be picked and yet gets away with a lot of risky throws.  Like that relief pitcher in little league who just threw change ups and junk balls that could help a coach steal a few innings.  

I don't think TH being in the game is a waste of snaps.  The newcomers to the offense benefit by seeing a more expanded playbook.  Especially Dotson when he gets healthy.  At least the boot game is back now.  That helps the O-line.  Howell is learning more from Heinicke than he was from Wentz.  Hopefully, we'll see Howell finish off the season at some point.  I don't want to see Wentz anymore though.  I don't see the point.  He'll be lucky to get a job as a backup going forward.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

I think you meant one of the best records of the past 3 decades.

Which is also a pretty hilarious fact.

Washington is the new St. Louis/Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals. (Except the team hasn't relocated, yet.

Indeed, a very sad and hilarious fact depending on the day!

10 hours ago, Conn said:

You know that creating a make-believe hierarchy so that you can put yourself higher in it in order to feel like you’re better than others while watching this **** show is actually just an equivalent coping mechanism to the one you dislike those fans for engaging in, right? You’re playing yourself and looking like a fool while you do it. 

Thank you for outing yourself!  But we all knew you'd be here 😉

40 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Only 1 TD in the 2nd half...and I think the yardage might be a little high...was thinking he had like 47 yards in the 1st half. Then again the 161 might not include sack yardage that would be removed from the total yardage.

Knew I should have double checked!

• Thumb up 1

49 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Thank you for outing yourself!  But we all knew you'd be here 😉

You almost got a ban for trolling with your earlier post of "being here for the suffering..."

We will be continue to have a bit of a hive influenced banty rooster parade. It was as inevitable as the silence of hive-rs during the first half.

If next week's a win, even an ugly one, it will be the same and if it's an ugly game from heinie and a loss, then it will be the relative silence from his "enthusiasts."  Many people responses are about as predictable as  b.f. skinners pigeons. 

In the end, when overdone, it's participating in a perennial clown show featuring the qb position that will end, inevitably, with either a healed-thumb miracle-plus wentz return that goes well enough to have legitimate arguments to bring him back next year (odds about 50-1 against in my book) or heinie back to a backup here or somewhere else as his BEST case.

In the meantime, it will be a week to week elevator ride for heinie guys who will blow the way the wind goes for each game he plays in. 

But there is no scenario where th is a long term starter so I suggest enjoy whatever fun you get out of what the TEAM does AND celebrating  any of the the individuals contributing to anything positive. 

But try not to be an overblown dumbass on either extreme of our latest es "qb controversy spectrum."' That's the best way to make sure you can continue to share your special magic with the class. 😛

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

For whatever reason, sack yardage isn’t removed from total yardage in the NFL, that’s a college thing 

Thats not correct. Sack yards is removed from passing totals.  

Its how Wentz had minus passing yards in a few first halves this year.  

7 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Ok, now I'm confused lol...

TH only got sacked once for like minus 3 yards (going from memory so may be wrong).  so doesn't really matter.

BUT Im gonna confuse the HELL out of you.  

NFL removes sack yards from team passing yards but NOT from the QB.

Meaning yesterdays stats has TH throwing for 201 yards but the commanders throwing for a total of 198 yards! (I just learned this by googling to see if I was correct). 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=401437798

Edited by TMK9973
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Credit to TH for turning it around second half. That game ended the Wentz experiment in my opinion. He’s done when TH goes in the field and gets more out of the players around him.

And no, I don’t see TH as the answer still, my concern would be that this leaves us looking at TH and Howell next offseason....and another question mark around how they can upgrade at QB. Wentz isn’t getting 28mil or whatever his contract salary number is.

Its one game, by this logic, Wentz got more out of his first game against Jaguars then Taylor did his first game against the Packers.

If folks want me to jump on the "Keep Taylor In" wagon, he needs to show that in whole time Wentz is on IR.  

This is also fair to Taylor so if he gets torn a new one on MNF by the Eagles isn't used as the end all be all case closed evidence for bring Wentz back this season (although it should be).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This is also fair to Taylor so if he gets torn a new one on MNF by the Eagles isn't used as the end all be all case closed evidence for bring Wentz back this season (although it should be).

Wentz should be done regardless of what Taylor does.  Taylor starts until the team is out of contention, then its Howell time.

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

13 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

TH only got sacked once for like minus 3 yards (going from memory so may be wrong).  so doesn't really matter.

BUT Im gonna confuse the HELL out of you.  

NFL removes sack yards from team passing yards but NOT from the QB.

Meaning yesterdays stats has TH throwing for 201 yards but the commanders throwing for a total of 198 yards! (I just learned this by googling to see if I was correct). 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=401437798

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Says who and for what reason?  For beating a team that looks close to as bad as we are right now?

Wentz's finger says who.  By the time he's healthy we'll either still be in contention or not.  If we are, you don't replace Heinicke.  If we aren't, you play Howell.  

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Wentz's finger says who.  By the time he's healthy we'll either still be in contention or not.  If we are, you don't replace Heinicke.  If we aren't, you play Howell.  

He's a backup QB, if we are contention still he did his job, that doesn't mean he's the starter now. 

Defense and run game are both looking better now, any QB will look better with those two things. We know where this ends if Taylor stays in because we tried this last year we don't know with Wentz because how poorly the team was playing as a whole to start this season (we are notorious slow starters under Rivera, at this point we should not be freaking out by that and instead expecting it)

Edited by Renegade7