Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

7 minutes ago, zCommander said:

His marriage wasn't in trouble until he decided to come back. Before that he was going to go into media and would have had more time to spend time with his wife and the kids. This is what she wanted and was probably looking forward to it finally. He went against her wishes. I really didn't understand why Tom came back when he un-retired. What else was there left to prove? Have 8 SB rings instead of 7 over wife and kids and a happy family?

lol this is silly speculation about something we can’t know anything about. One decision doesn’t break a marriage. We have no idea the dynamics of their family or if they were even happy. Weird topic 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

HineyHiney did a nice job moving chains, as predicted, and it was pretty fun, as predicted.

Colts look awfully beatable…

"Can the Colts fix their offense? Against teams that don't have dominant defensive fronts, the Colts likely have enough firepower to make things tough on opponents. But when they fail to win up front, as they did on Sunday, it's easier for a defense to neutralize receivers Michael Pittman Jr., Alec Pierce and Parris Campbell. Their problems are fundamental: an offensive line that is playing at an unacceptable level and a quarterback who is shrinking in the face of the resulting pass rush. How do you fix that?" - ESPN

29 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think he’s trying way too hard to not butt heads with guys like he may have done in Philly and Indy. So he’s just kind of smiling and happy to be there guy now. Which… takes him out of what he did.

Semi off this topic but :ols: Andrew Siciliano right now on Red Zone:

”Kenneth Walker had a day! Tyler Heinicke… threw some passes.”

:ols:

Lol, I heard that too. I was like, dude!

I’ll give the Heinicke Hipsters one thing—they are correct that his teammates really like playing for him. It’s easy to be positive about a guy after a win, sure, but I see more stuff being posted from the players on social media and more enthusiasm for Heinicke after a W than I saw for Wentz after he played well week 1. Even though they’ll be sick of his play on the field after 4-6 weeks just like last year, while the going is good they sure like the guy. Wentz after all the twists and turns his career and health have taken…he just has no fire anymore. Even when he nails a killer deep throw he’s a shell. Idk why. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Conn said:

lol this is silly speculation about something we can’t know anything about. One decision doesn’t break a marriage. We have no idea the dynamics of their family or if they were even happy. Weird topic 

I actually read about it. Here you go.

It has been widely reported that Tom Brady’s decision to unretire and return to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers has led to his “fight” with wife Gisele Bundchen. Now, latest rumors are doubling down on that claim.

According to People, Bundchen grew “frustrated” over the fact that Brady has put his career first over family. When the Buccaneers QB retired, he did mention his desire to be a full-time father to his kids and husband to Gisele. Sure enough, those plans had to take the back seat once again when he opted to take a U-Turn just over a month after he retired.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zim489 said:

He’s a 5th rounder. The odds of him becoming anything of note is slim and none. It’s not even worth planning on him for anything moving forward 

I understand he fell to the 5th round but I think he was projected to go much higher. So you still have to see if anything is there. If not then you can see if he could be a good  backup for us. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

54 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You described Sam Howell in the last sentence. I’m not kidding.

Yeah, he’s the one I really want to see take over for that very reason.  (And I know you’re not kidding :))

52 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think simply put, Wentz's mobility is a shadow of himself.  Heck I think dudes like Derek Carr who is considered a pocket passer has distinctly more mobility than Wentz..

There is nothing I saw today that i loved from Heinicke except for one thing the fire he plays with.  And i like to see that on the field considering how many quiet guys we have on this team.  It's another reason why I think Chase Young coming back could end up a big deal -- in Chase's case its the talent but he also is a rare dude for this team who plays with emotion which his teammates at times feed off. 

I wasn’t expecting much out of Wentz, mobility-wise, but geez - it’s been painful to watch.

It’s weird with Heinicke, right?  It’s like that emotion bleeds through the tv screen.  I mean, I know the season is over for all intents and purposes, I’m pretty darn blasé about the team, but I still found myself emotionally invested/holding my breath/etc.  Watching Terry go bananas was awesome as well.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 3

10 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I actually read about it. Here you go.

It has been widely reported that Tom Brady’s decision to unretire and return to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers has led to his “fight” with wife Gisele Bundchen. Now, latest rumors are doubling down on that claim.

According to People, Bundchen grew “frustrated” over the fact that Brady has put his career first over family. When the Buccaneers QB retired, he did mention his desire to be a full-time father to his kids and husband to Gisele. Sure enough, those plans had to take the back seat once again when he opted to take a U-Turn just over a month after he retired.

I know, I’ve seen the gossip. I’m saying nobody knows what shape their marriage was in even before this year. Spending a few uninterrupted months together before he un-retired might have just revealed that they can’t stand each other, who even knows. 

17 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

"Can the Colts fix their offense? Against teams that don't have dominant defensive fronts, the Colts likely have enough firepower to make things tough on opponents. But when they fail to win up front, as they did on Sunday, it's easier for a defense to neutralize receivers Michael Pittman Jr., Alec Pierce and Parris Campbell. Their problems are fundamental: an offensive line that is playing at an unacceptable level and a quarterback who is shrinking in the face of the resulting pass rush. How do you fix that?" - ESPN

Put in Taylor Heinicke?

(I kid)

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Conn said:

I’ll give the Heinicke Hipsters one thing—they are correct that his teammates really like playing for him. It’s easy to be positive about a guy after a win, sure, but I see more stuff being posted from the players on social media and more enthusiasm for Heinicke after a W than I saw for Wentz after he played well week 1. Even though they’ll be sick of his play on the field after 4-6 weeks just like last year, while the going is good they sure like the guy. Wentz after all the twists and turns his career and health have taken…he just has no fire anymore. Even when he nails a killer deep throw he’s a shell. Idk why. 

I'm just glad you're doing ok, man :)  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I'm just glad you're doing ok, man :)  

I think you mistake me making obvious jokes at the expense of your lower tier posts (which is saying something) as me being remotely emotionally invested in those posts. I’m just in it for the laughs until we have a real team, man. The gameday thread is for blowing off steam and ****ing with each other. 

I would prefer that we lose by 50 points every single week until Snyder is gone though, if that’s what you mean. In that regard, no I wasn’t happy with the outcome in a general sense. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Conn said:

I know, I’ve seen the gossip. I’m saying nobody knows what shape their marriage was in even before this year. Spending a few uninterrupted months together before he un-retired might have just revealed that they can’t stand each other, who even knows. 

It is not gossip when the wife actually says it: 

Gisele Bündchen admitted she had "concerns" over Tom Brady's unretirement this offseason ... saying she expressed them to her NFL star hubby "over and over again."

This is the last I will post about this as this conversion doesn't even belong in this thread. Moving on...

Just now, zCommander said:

It is not gossip when the wife actually says it: 

Gisele Bündchen admitted she had "concerns" over Tom Brady's unretirement this offseason ... saying she expressed them to her NFL star hubby "over and over again."

This is the last I will post about this as this conversion doesn't even belong in this thread. Moving on...

Agreed that we don’t need to keep posting about this, but you aren’t reading my posts on the topic if you think what you just copy and pasted addresses what I said. But like you said, let’s drop it and just agree that it’s a dumb topic lol

• Thumb up 2

5 minutes ago, Conn said:

I think you mistake me making obvious jokes at the expense of your lower tier posts (which is saying something) as me being remotely emotionally invested in those posts. I’m just in it for the laughs until we have a real team, man. The gameday thread is for blowing off steam and ****ing with each other. 

I would prefer that we lose by 50 points every single week until Snyder is gone though, if that’s what you mean. In that regard, no I wasn’t happy with the outcome in a general sense. 

You were mocking me for complaining about the lack of bootlegs and the general awfulness by Turner....Even though I conceded that TH was bad in the first half

first play of the 2nd half was a bootleg....Scott heard me.    

3 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

You were mocking me for complaining about the lack of bootlegs and the general awfulness by Turner....Even though I conceded that TH was bad in the first half

first play of the 2nd half was a bootleg....Scott heard me.    

…no, I wasn’t. That wouldn’t have been funny at all. I was mocking that you posted the exact same post twice, many minutes apart, because you were so emphatic about your point. And then another similar post with the same gist to it right after. That’s why I joked that you were a malfunctioning bot. I don’t care that you hate Turner, I also think he sucks big time. Everyone else got the joke, keep up. 

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

…no, I wasn’t. That wouldn’t have been funny at all. I was mocking that you posted the exact same post twice, many minutes apart, because you were so emphatic about your point. And then another similar post with the same gist to it right after. That’s why I joked that you were a malfunctioning bot. I don’t care that you hate Turner, I also think he sucks big time. Everyone else got the joke, keep up. 

Oh...my bad...I didn't think the first post went through that's why I posted it again.  I wasn't trying to be emphatic.

• Haha 1

A win is a win. IF Wentz needs some elite offensive line to be good not even great, what's the point? Thank God we can move on easy. Taylor is Taylor -- his arm will forever limit him, but his teammates love him and they look like a better team with him under center. Certainly Terry prefers him.

Hopefully Taylor can provide some more fun while we get Howell ready for his eventual chance.

Edited by Hooper