Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT vs Packers Prediction Thread: Limping Into Lambeau Field

skins island connection

3 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

So with no WM3 and Apke probably getting time at CB this could be a candidate for a game that doesn’t need watching after the first quarter.

Well I wouldn't be expecting much from Apke at CB, but at the very least he won't stand past the first down marker to make a tackle.

So at least there's that, guy will be playing football.

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Could be, question is does Aaron Rodgers get bored.  This secondary is so easy to tear apart he might feel its unfair at one point?  And take it easy on them?

That just doesn’t seem to be in Rodgers DNA.

My gut feeling all week has been that this was going to be the game that disintegrates the Heineke Hive forever and kills any smidgen of hope left (if there is any?) that the defense can turn it around.

That said, there’s a small piece of me, that thinks who knows maybe some of the defensive changes will spark the team.  But that’s a very, very small piece of me.

Just watched a national preview of the game.  They go WFT is the team in the NFL that is about, who you were supposed to cover that you, oh you say it was me?   Picture that versus Aaron Rodgerrs.    How embrassing.  Judging by coaches comments, William Jackson is the lead clown in the who is supposed to be covering whom game.  If so on that front, maybe him off the field might help.  But sadly its not like the other corners have been good either. 

18 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That just doesn’t seem to be in Rodgers DNA.

My gut feeling all week has been that this was going to be the game that disintegrates the Heineke Hive forever and kills any smidgen of hope left (if there is any?) that the defense can turn it around.

That said, there’s a small piece of me, that thinks who knows maybe some of the defensive changes will spark the team.  But that’s a very, very small piece of me.

Yeah I was being a little facetious.  Rodgers probably shows no mercy.   It could get really ugly.  I guess its the NFL though shocking things happen.  It should be itneresting to watch Heinicke against his boyhood favorite team and I presume lay it all out.  He might have a bounce back game?  Will see. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just watched a national preview of the game.  They go WFT is the team in the NFL that is about, who you were supposed to cover that you, oh you say it was me?   Picture that versus Aaron Rodgerrs.    How embrassing.  Judging by coaches comments, William Jackson is the lead clown in the who is supposed to be covering whom game.  If so on that front, maybe him off the field might help.  But sadly its not like the other corners have been good either. 

Yeah I was being a little facetious.  Rodgers probably shows now mercy.   It could get really ugly.  I guess its the NFL though shocking things happen.  It should be itneresting to watch Heinicke against his boyhood favorite team and I presume lay it all out.  He might have a bounce back game?  Will see. 

I think Bradys 500 yard 5 TD day is fresh in Rodgers mind and he knows we are a major suiter for him next offseason.

I also think moving Collins out of the secondary and WJ3 being benched is going to ignite the team. Curl on the field owning his SS position is going to bring a lot of energy. Should be interesting to watch the other guys around him.

I'm also really excited to see Holcomb and Davis today. They played a real good complete game last week. Holcomb is quietly having a good year and now he doesn't seem to be scrambling pre play every snap getting guys in position. It also looks like it's slowing down a little for Davis.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I think Bradys 500 yard 5 TD day is fresh in Rodgers mind and he knows we are a major suiter for him next offseason.

I also think moving Collins out of the secondary and WJ3 being benched is going to ignite the team. Curl on the field owning his SS position is going to bring a lot of energy. Should be interesting to watch the other guys around him.

I'm also really excited to see Holcomb and Davis today. They played a real good complete game last week. Holcomb is quietly having a good year and now he doesn't seem to be scrambling pre play every snap getting guys in position. It also looks like it's slowing down a little for Davis.

I like your enthusiasm.  Will see.  I think this team suffered from some early season arrogance.  It's something I've seen with other upstart teams over the years -- teams that weren't expected to be good, ended up better than expected, came into the next season feeling chesty and ended up with a bad season.

It's an observation I've made over the years in multiple sports.  Miami Dolphins arguably the mirror image of this team -- ended up last year with a better season than expected, chesty off season, now they stink.

My point is since no one gives them a shot against GB and they've started off poorly, maybe they get their edge back?  I agree with Smoot who more or less said this team doesn't look to have the same fire as last year's team.  Sheehan likes to point out that Rivera as early as training camp cited multiple times his concern about the team is maturity and in that soup mentioned they have to understand they haven't arrived.

I was just watching Greg Rosenthal in a national pregame and he said no game he's more comfortable calling all season long than GB beating up on the WFT.  And then he goes on to more or less say the safest bet this season is to bet against the WFT.  Then another penalist goes wow, you know some of the WFT players watch this show?  lol, I hope they do.

Do I think lack of fire alone is the issue with this team?  Nope.  But I think its in the soup.  Not with all of the players but with some but that's all it takes. I've heard Rivera multiple times including last week refer to they need to handle adversity better and seem to imply that they lose confidence when things go wrong.   He referenced the missed kick from Hopkins in that regard.  You can tell he was saying in a nice way when the kick was missed you can tell the team on the sidelines got deflated and they expected to lose. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was just watching Greg Rosenthal in a national pregame and he said no game he's more comfortable calling all season long than GB beating up on the WFT.  And then he goes on to more or less say the safest bet this season is to bet against the WFT.  Then another penalist goes wow, you know some of the WFT players watch this show?  lol, I hope they do.

And that part right there will exploit the discipline aspect; those who saw the show get a chip on their shoulder and try too much to prove him wrong and end up making mistakes.

But then again following the instructions from the DC hasn't really panned out either...

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I was being a little facetious.  Rodgers probably shows no mercy.   It could get really ugly.  I guess its the NFL though shocking things happen.  It should be itneresting to watch Heinicke against his boyhood favorite team and I presume lay it all out.  He might have a bounce back game?  Will see. 

It baffles me why our coaches thought they could plug and play William Jackson into their zone system.  For his performance so far this year and the money they paid to get him

he is reminding me of that corner named Josh who now plays for the 49ers that we over paid for and his performance in his last few years was atrocious.

1 hour ago, veteranskinsfan said:

It baffles me why our coaches thought they could plug and play William Jackson into their zone system.  For his performance so far this year and the money they paid to get him

he is reminding me of that corner named Josh who now plays for the 49ers that we over paid for and his performance in his last few years was atrocious.

They are one of the heavier man teams this year in the NFL, a big uptick from last year. 

It's not like William Jackson never played zone in Cincy like its some wild foreign language for him.  No player plays man every down.  

ANY player going to a new defense has to learn the system.  And Jackson seems to have struggled to pick up his assignments.  IMO he needs to shoulder some of that blame.    He seems to be the lead actor in most of the miscommunications going on in the secondary. 

I watched Terry own Jackson, with Jackson mostly play man in training camp against him.  It was no contest.  It was a joke to watch.  I shrugged it off at the time even though some reporters made a big deal of it.  I thought they were jumping the gun.  But thus far they look right. 

H