Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT vs Chiefs Prediction Thread: The 'Used To Be's' vs the ' Has Beens '

skins island connection

16 hours ago, mistertim said:

The Chiefs have looked like less of a juggernaut than they usually do, but they're still the Chiefs, he's still Mahomes, and our defense is still our defense. It's going to be a miracle if they don't drop a 40 burger on us. Our team isn't built to win shootouts. 

I would say its less they aren't looking good and more opponents are going beyond all out, the trick plays, the gambling on 4th downs and onside kicks vs them. Teams are playing KC like its the AFC championship game. Buffalo finally had a convincing win that didn't go down to the last possession. They get back to normal vs us. We might have supposedly the 2nd best pass rush in the NFL, which is hard to believe but I don't think KC is worried about it at all.

KC 34

FT 22

Edited by Playaction2Sanders

The prediction thread is back in the safe hands of @skins island connection. Things are as they should be.

The game however, will be an embarrassment. They'll score at least six TDs against our putrid secondary, we will probably score three or four.

Washington FT  -  30

Kansas City FT  -  45

Edited by London Kev
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, skins island connection said:

>> Jack Del Rio has joined the chat <<

SIC, your also forgetting that KC has to travel almost halfway across the county, has to play in an outdoor stadium much like their own and prepare for crowd noise by the away team fans. I submit that this will be no easy task for K.C.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

SIC, your also forgetting that KC has to travel almost halfway across the county, has to play in an outdoor stadium much like their own and prepare for crowd noise by the away team fans. I submit that this will be no easy task for K.C.

True, they do travel halfway across the country, but to them it will probably be a vacation. 

Crowd noise is where i'm a little iffy; I am not familiar with how KC fans travel, but the coloring is similar so to them it may seem like a " home away from home" game...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm starting to think we win this. They have a worse defense than we do and they have more injuries. Our defense is starting to play better. We're going to hang 30+ on them. 

That's the spirit!  It wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!

For the Chiefs, Washington is just what a doctor would prescribe to get well--to go from Buffalo's defense (the sickness) to Washington's defense (the cure).  The Chiefs would score 31 with no blown coverages, but when you throw in the blown coverages...yikes!!!

Chiefs 48

No Names 20

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Thats a pretty well used reference I'd imagine, but no. Unfortunately, I think he's optimistic about us winning. :ols:

So which is the more hilarious belief?  Germany bombing PH or Washington beating the Chiefs?😀

Sincerest apologies to my fellow WFT fans.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Thats a pretty well used reference I'd imagine, but no. Unfortunately, I think he's optimistic about us winning. :ols:

Unfortunately my optimism about this organization bailed on me a long time ago. Now all I can do is laugh about it. Gallows humor type thing. lol

Skins fan since the 70's, on this board since the 90's (TSN days), cant give either one up.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

So which is the more hilarious belief?  Germany bombing PH or Washington beating the Chiefs?😀

Sincerest apologies to my fellow WFT fans.

The latter. Our match-up history is TERRIBLE versus KC --> 9 loses and just 1 victory  in 1983.

We've never beaten them at Arrowhead. Never.

Not that it matters much, since these days it seems like every home game at FedEx has more fans of the opposing team.

• Sad 2

26 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

The latter. Our match-up history is TERRIBLE versus KC --> 9 loses and just 1 victory  in 1983.

We've never beaten them at Arrowhead. Never.

Not that it matters much, since these days it seems like every home game at FedEx has more fans of the opposing team.

Someone brought up the 2013 debacle in a previous post/thread.

How about a trip down memory lane?

Dec 8, 2013

K.C were 3 point favorites coming in. Cold, crappy, sleety, snowy weather, Alex Smith as the K.C. quarterback, Skins with no shot at playoffs, half the team didn't seem to care. 38-10 at halftime. 31-0 before Washington's first score.

Ended up 45-10, K.C. broke a 3 game losing skid. RG III threw for 168 yards, 1 TD, 1 int, 5 sacks.  Cousins came in in the 4th. Alfred ran for 36 yards on 12 carries. Shannahan was checked out already, Reid was starting his ascension with K.C. Stadium half full at kickoff, virtually empty during the second half. K.C. had 321 return yards including a 95 yard kick off and a 74 yard punt return. Washington was 3-10 after this game, the draft pick sent to the Rams for RG III was looking pretty good for the Rams.

.......and my dumb ass watched the entire game!

Hail to the Redskins.

Edited by Chris 44