Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things defense

ThomasRoane

12 hours ago, dyst said:

We need a guy like Micah Parsons on that line, just relentless

Dude is a new Lawrence Taylor. Vicious.

Most teams have a "star" LB and we have NOTHING of note at the position. It's going to hurt us all season. We play a lot of teams this year with strong run games. Saquon twice, Ezekiel twice, Detroit has Swift, Tennessee has Henry, etc. Not to mention mobile QBs like Jalen Hurts, twice. I'm not saying anything new here but wow... we're in trouble as a run defense team. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wit33 said:

This is already outdated— drop the 2nd backer and bring in a 4th safety or cover guy. 

In todays NFL your backers are cover guys (at least on the good defenses) . When you and I were kids Jamin Davis would have been a safety. 

Edited by XxSpearheadxX
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Chachie said:

Dude is a new Lawrence Taylor. Vicious.

Most teams have a "star" LB and we have NOTHING of note at the position. It's going to hurt us all season. We play a lot of teams this year with strong run games. Saquon twice, Ezekiel twice, Detroit has Swift, Tennessee has Henry, etc. Not to mention mobile QBs like Jalen Hurts, twice. I'm not saying anything new here but wow... we're in trouble as a run defense team. 

Yes Parsons is great but he’s a Cowboy, nothing we can do about it. He had all of 3 sacks and 3 TFLs his last year at Penn State.

It was disappointing that we didn’t address the linebacker situation and instead decided to live with the drafting of Jamin. It may come back to bite us in the you know what and it doesn’t help we probably lost Mathis for the season. James Robinson ran right through us yesterday. I think the key against those running backs will be our defensive line playing as unit per Kerrigans mantra. Having our ends rush way outside opening up lanes will kill us. These guys need to do a better job staying home and collapsing the pocket. We’re gonna lean heavy on Payne to take up blockers to allow Holcomb and Davis to free flow to the back or qb. 

34 minutes ago, Chachie said:

Ezekiel twice

Zeke? He’s stinks. This ain’t 2015!

Couldn’t agree more with bringing in Star. He played for Ron in Carolina, he knows the system and is still only 32. For one year he would be a good reserve player. Ron did mention bringing in a younger guy but why? Mathis should be back for next year. 

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

If they bring in Star, when Linvel Joseph and Suh are available, I'll be really disappointed.

Go get SUH!

I would be fine with Joseph but don’t want Suh. He still wants a good amount of money and I consider him a malcontent. Doesn’t it say something that when the Bucs won, they brought almost everyone back on more than a one year deal except him?

Now, thanks to Tashan Reed of The Athletic, we’ve learned just what Suh is looking for in his next contract. Suh’s reportedly seeking a contract that pays him $9 million per season.

Edited by skinsfan93
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

If they bring in Star, when Linvel Joseph and Suh are available, I'll be really disappointed.

Go get SUH!

I'd be shocked if they brought in a name, they just don't do that.

It'll most likely be a journeyman who's bounced around a lot, maybe even a stint or two in the CFL but It'll be a name nobody has ever heard of that enrages the fanbase, that much I'm almost certain of.

7 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Couldn’t agree more with bringing in Star. He played for Ron in Carolina, he knows the system and is still only 32. For one year he would be a good reserve player. Ron did mention bringing in a younger guy but why? Mathis should be back for next year. 

I would be fine with Joseph but don’t want Suh. He still wants a good amount of money and I consider him a malcontent. Doesn’t it say something that when the Bucs won, they brought almost everyone back on more than a one year deal except him?

Now, thanks to Tashan Reed of The Athletic, we’ve learned just what Suh is looking for in his next contract. Suh’s reportedly seeking a contract that pays him $9 million per season.

I'd pay him $9 mil for this year.

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

I'd be shocked if they brought in a name, they just don't do that.

It'll most likely be a journeyman who's bounced around a lot, maybe even a stint or two in the CFL but It'll be a name nobody has ever heard of that enrages the fanbase, that much I'm almost certain of.

Oh, I totally agree with you. 

1 hour ago, skinsfan93 said:

He knows Del Rio’s system?

I can’t imagine they’ll be content just calling Bada up, but I wonder - he got some positive press and has practiced a lot in this system and with these guys…. Would be a cool story to see him getting some game time finally.

6 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I thought Portis was the only one to do that. Not sure why more don't or can't but Portis is the all-pro all time pass pro trucking king of RBs

Portis used to be a safety as a young player I believe

18 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

He knows Del Rio’s system?

I can’t imagine they’ll be content just calling Bada up, but I wonder - he got some positive press and has practiced a lot in this system and with these guys…. Would be a cool story to see him getting some game time finally.

I am not the biggest PFF fan but, if you look at Star's numbers from last season, he was apparently terrible. Agreed I'd rather have Linval Joseph if we are looking to go for a well known veteran. This is a weak connection but Scott Turner was in Minnesota the same time Joseph was and can speak to locker room/character

Edited by method man

3 minutes ago, method man said:

Portis used to be a safety as a young player I believe

I am not the biggest PFF fan but, if you look at Star's numbers from last season, he was apparently terrible. Agreed I'd rather have Linval Joseph if we are looking to go for a well known veteran. This is a weak connection but Scott Turner was in Minnesota the same time Joseph was and can speak to locker room/character

I think Joseph would be my first choice. Dude got a ring with that awesome Giants Dline and can probably really teach our youngsters a thing or two.

And he is from here, the Virgin Islands, so I know he good people.

9 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I thought Portis was the only one to do that. Not sure why more don't or can't but Portis is the all-pro all time pass pro trucking king of RBs

Micah is whining about it, calling it dirty and saying that he's a **** for blocking him like that.. :ols:

45 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I think Joseph would be my first choice. Dude got a ring with that awesome Giants Dline and can probably really teach our youngsters a thing or two.

And he is from here, the Virgin Islands, so I know he good people.

Micah is whining about it, calling it dirty and saying that he's a **** for blocking him like that.. :ols:

He's a punk ass. Dallas pass rushers used to blindside engaged OL to free their man - IIRC they call it Twist.

Dirty as **** trucking OL from the side like that. i am not sure they still do it or not but Micah crying after getting chipped by a RB is right on par with his character and entire org actually.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1