Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else beyond frustrated??

Giddy4Gibson

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

The Giants look just as bad on both sides of the ball as they did last year right now.  I'm thinking Thursday's game is going to tell us more about the progress our team has or hasn't made than how they did on opening day against the Chargers.

Washington should not lose to the NYG if they have an expectation of having a better record in 2021.

Agreed. If we don't win and honestly win convincingly someone needs to be fired. That team stinks.

I'm probably most frustrated by the fact that we could have moved up for a moderate cost and gotten Justin Fields. Or hell, Mac Jones even. I wouldn't have traded up for Jones personally, but Fields? Yes.

I'm not trying to change my stance. I said it at the time: I'm happy with getting Davis, who will need some time. I think he's a good player. But during the draft I wanted us to trade up for Fields. Getting a QB on a rookie contract that very likely wins the QB job in camp is a major boon for this team moving forward. And it wouldn't have crippled our assets. It would have cost us, sure. But... I think the get would have been worth it. But I guess that remains to be seen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Week 1 tells you nothing most times but it was infuriating to watch the vaunted defense get their doors blown tf off. They chose to build as a defensive team even though the league isn’t skewed that way anymore so they have to be good every week. 20 points allowed looks “good” but they were lucky not to give up more. Minimal pressure from Young or Sweat. I’m done hyping up guys that haven’t earned it. 

To piggyback off of this, I think when we talk about the defense, there are good pays, and bad plays from the Chargers game, but when you build a team to be a dominant defense FIRST, it's not that you can't ever give up yards or points, it's that you simply can't continue to give up 3rd down & long conversions over and over. THOSE situations are the specific reason you put so many resources into the defense, so that when the opposing offense is put into the more uncomfortable and difficult situations, it should heavily favor the defense, yet in this game that is when the defense seemed to perform the worst.

• Like 1

It's so frustrating because it's just the SAME thing, over and over and over. I'm not so upset about the game in a vacuum, but just the overall scourge of this pathetic franchise and how little they ever really accomplish under the human cesspool who is our owner. So much overhyping of guys that don't produce like they should, so much crap spewed in the absence of actual results. Chase Young, Mr. "Predator", can seriously pound sand after the crap performance he put on today. No one expects game-changing plays ever single week, but how about just a few DRIVE changing plays? How about ANY kind of a play against a makeshift O-line, lol. It's pathetic. 

Hopkins sucks. I dont care that he went 3-4. I knew, we ALL knew, he'd miss that last kick. Why Rivera just refuses to try something else is beyond me. Fitz looked totally unprepared back there the short time he was in. The schemes on both sides of the ball were amateurish at best. Again, it's just the same **** over and over and over and over. Thank God for the memories I have of a team that wasn't owned by dan snyder, but I echo an earlier sentiment: just pick some kind of ****ty name that isn't redwolves so I can just jettison this dungheap once and for all. 

And I say this a lot and realize it's meaningless overall, but ... did you see those dancers today? Did you SEE THOSE DANCERS? I mean ... what in the actual hell is the thought process behind assembling that gaggle of no-talent husks?

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KDawg said:

I'm probably most frustrated by the fact that we could have moved up for a moderate cost and gotten Justin Fields. Or hell, Mac Jones even. I wouldn't have traded up for Jones personally, but Fields? Yes.

I'm not trying to change my stance. I said it at the time: I'm happy with getting Davis, who will need some time. I think he's a good player. But during the draft I wanted us to trade up for Fields. Getting a QB on a rookie contract that very likely wins the QB job in camp is a major boon for this team moving forward. And it wouldn't have crippled our assets. It would have cost us, sure. But... I think the get would have been worth it. But I guess that remains to be seen. 

From what I heard we made an offer to move up to either 8 or 9 but the asking price was just too high. Now we have no clue what the price was. It was a lost cause after that because the Cowboys, Eagles, and Giants were never going to trade with us.

We might have been able to move up from 19 to leapfrog the Pats at 15 for Jones, but again, we have no clue what the price was. Would you pay a future 1st to move up just 5 ish spots for Mac Jones? I think this forum would have melted down if that happened.

• Like 1

Chargers are one of the leagues best teams and Herbert was throwing some incredible passes today. That guys amazing and Keenan Allen beats every team. We were up on them in the second half which is pretty amazing. It was a **** game for us that we could have won, but oh well. We just need to go 2-2 in our first 4 games to stay in it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

From what I heard we made an offer to move up to either 8 or 9 but the asking price was just too high. Now we have no clue what the price was. It was a lost cause after that because the Cowboys, Eagles, and Giants were never going to trade with us.

We might have been able to move up from 19 to leapfrog the Pats at 15 for Jones, but again, we have no clue what the price was. Would you pay a future 1st to move up just 5 ish spots for Mac Jones? I think this forum would have melted down if that happened.

Probably not for Jones.

But I have a feeling the "Too high" price to move up for Fields wasn't as bad as we as fans think it had to be to move up. I have nothing of substance behind that statement. But if they wanted this year and next year's first and maybe a 3rd or 4th? I do it for a rookie QB who has the goods. I'm more hesitant to do it for an old QB who costs more money/cap space AND assets. 

Edited by KDawg

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Probably not for Jones.

But I have a feeling the "Too high" price to move up for Fields wasn't as bad as we as fans think it had to be to move up. I have nothing of substance behind that statement. But if they wanted this year and next year's first and maybe a 3rd or 4th? I do it for a rookie QB who has the goods. I'm more hesitant to do it for an old QB who costs more money/cap space AND assets. 

It would have taken more than what the Bears gave up to move up to 11 or 12 or whatever it was and they gave up quite a bit.

I won't kill them for not paying that especially if they aren't completely sold on Fields. I actually think Lance was the guy they loved but obviously the 9ers made that crazy trade and nobody was topping that.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

It would have taken more than what the Bears gave up to move up to 11 or 12 or whatever it was and they gave up quite a bit.

I won't kill them for not paying that especially if they aren't completely sold on Fields. I actually think Lance was the guy they loved but obviously the 9ers made that crazy trade and nobody was topping that.

See, I AM sold on Fields. So I would have done it. Only time can tell who is correct and even then it’s murky. But given what they were willing to give up for Stafford in assets and cash&cap giving up enough to get a rookie QB contract like Fields should have been a no brainer.

But the past is the past.

Just now, KDawg said:

See, I AM sold on Fields. So I would have done it. Only time can tell who is correct and even then it’s murky. But given what they were willing to give up for Stafford in assets and cash&cap giving up enough to get a rookie QB contract like Fields should have been a no brainer.

But the past is the past.

Yeah if you're 100% sold on a guy then you probably make that move. You HAVE to get the QB position solidified. But remember, we did make an offer for Stafford, and we did(by all counts)make offers to move into the top 10. I just think Rivera had an idea on how much he was willing to pay and it was just too much for the team at this current state of its development.

I think next off season you'll see us make a huge offer for someone unless Heinecke just sets the world on fire over 16 games.

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

To piggyback off of this, I think when we talk about the defense, there are good pays, and bad plays from the Chargers game, but when you build a team to be a dominant defense FIRST, it's not that you can't ever give up yards or points, it's that you simply can't continue to give up 3rd down & long conversions over and over. THOSE situations are the specific reason you put so many resources into the defense, so that when the opposing offense is put into the more uncomfortable and difficult situations, it should heavily favor the defense, yet in this game that is when the defense seemed to perform the worst.

Yep. I’m of thinking that a good/great defense in 2021 gets pressure consistently and holds teams to FGs. You can’t stop these offenses from moving the ball. That’s not realistic bc they are gonna move the ball between the 20s. But you HAVE to generate consistent pressure if you’re built that way. I’m tired of hearing about this DL and all the R1 picks if they aren’t wrecking games. They HAVE to do this consistently otherwise this is going to be a really bad year. CBs could have been better but the Chargers are good offensively. 

Honestly, I just disagree with how this team is fundamentally built but what’s done is done. They chose this route and can’t turn it back. DL has to wreck games against good QBs or else they’re food as a unit. 

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Yeah if you're 100% sold on a guy then you probably make that move. You HAVE to get the QB position solidified. But remember, we did make an offer for Stafford, and we did(by all counts)make offers to move into the top 10. I just think Rivera had an idea on how much he was willing to pay and it was just too much for the team at this current state of its development.

I think next off season you'll see us make a huge offer for someone unless Heinecke just sets the world on fire over 16 games.

I personally didn’t like either option so I was ok skipping it. But you gotta get the guy soon whether he’s a rookie or a good vet like Stafford. 

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Yep. I’m of thinking that a good/great defense in 2021 gets pressure consistently and holds teams to FGs. You can’t stop these offenses from moving the ball. That’s not realistic bc they are gonna move the ball between the 20s. But you HAVE to generate consistent pressure if you’re built that way. I’m tired of hearing about this DL and all the R1 picks if they aren’t wrecking games. They HAVE to do this consistently otherwise this is going to be a really bad year. CBs could have been better but the Chargers are good offensively. 

Honestly, I just disagree with how this team is fundamentally built but what’s done is done. They chose this route and can’t turn it back. DL has to wreck games against good QBs or else they’re food as a unit. 

When you invest a lot of resources into a unit that unit has to be dominant. I think its fine to invest heavily in the DL, but we just have not reaped the rewards of that investment against quality opposition. Yeah they do great against the likes of four backups on the Eagles or garbage tier QBs like Nick Mullens, but when they have to make a big stop against someone like Matthew Stafford? Or Tom Brady? Or Justin Herbert? They just get shredded.

I don't think Payne or Sweat are worth big contracts. We resigned Allen and that's fine, he's a good player and a leader for us, and Young will be a star, but we need to allocate our resources better. If the DL isn't going to be DOMINANT than better to spread it around.

I understand Rivera didn’t want to give up too much. I just think when it comes to a rookie QB who may have the tools you do it. It wouldn’t have been a RG3 like package. Two firsts to fill a glaring issue is nothing, especially considering one of the two is the player. Three? Now I’m probably not pulling the trigger.

• Like 1

I wish we could find out how many plays our DL 2 or 1 gapped. I may be most bummed about our DL reading reacting and getting run over not being used to their strengths. Was that to protect Jamin??  And the icing on the cake was seeing the DBs in zone with the game on the line. Gives me nightmare flashbacks of our largely pathetic D of the past 3 decades ft Ron Lynn, Greg BLAH etc.

Its unsettling to seeing Chase and Montez on the sidelines so much their entire careers. We used an awful lot of draft capital on those 2, to not be near full time players. I kinda miss the days of less subs of the D. At some point subbing out your best players fails yet no one ever seems to question the modern day sub out everyone you can approach.

Fresh > Talent my ass. Dont we hear DL need time and reps to set up moves on the OL?

Edited by RandyHolt

When you invest a lot of resources into a unit that unit has to be dominant. I think its fine to invest heavily in the DL, but we just have not reaped the rewards of that investment against quality opposition. Yeah they do great against the likes of four backups on the Eagles or garbage tier QBs like Nick Mullens, but when they have to make a big stop against someone like Matthew Stafford? Or Tom Brady? Or Justin Herbert? They just get shredded.

I don't think Payne or Sweat are worth big contracts. We resigned Allen and that's fine, he's a good player and a leader for us, and Young will be a star, but we need to allocate our resources better. If the DL isn't going to be DOMINANT than better to spread it around.

Yeah they might even have to consider trading off some of that DL just to recoup some draft capital that they are gonna need for a QB and other positions..I mean what difference does it make if you put a jag on DL? Those current 1st rounders are playing just as bad as some jag DL would.,These coaches need to put their foot up their ass's and stop trying to be a fatherly figure to them.

Very disappointed in general but really disappointed in the defense (or lack there-of).  I thought Taylor provided a spark so it'll be interesting to see what happens going forward.  Kind of amazing that San Diego had a completely rebuilt offensive line and even after losing their pro-bowler looked much more competent than ours.  A little frustrated that our "all-pro" made two very costly penalties.  That isn't how you lead by example.

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

Please elaborate. I did see the Barstool Sports tweet showing sewage raining down on one of the 200 level sections 

I'd love to elaborate.

First and foremost, I didn't even know of the burst pipe. Wasn't anywhere near me. Didn't effect me at all.

So we arrived there shortly after the lots opened at 9:00. Green lot F31. I hadn't been to a game since the "You like that!" game and first and foremost, I was very excited abut hanging out with friends that I don't get to see too much. I was driver, therefore I decided to keep my drinking to a minimum. The tailgating was pretty lackluster. The lots were basically empty. Like, rows and rows of unused parking. When I regularly went to games in the mid 2000's, the lots were packed and lively. Not today. There were bees all over. Like, I spent my morning dodging bees. I know that Snyder can't really control that, but it was beyond annoying. In total, between 9:00 and 12:15 I had 3 beers. We grilled and hung out. It was just OK. Not exciting whatsoever. Not the great tailgate experience I remember.

We walk into the stadium. I can tell that there have been improvements to the concourse but it's like putting lipstick on a pig. The bathrooms still lack capacity. Every other venue in the area seems to manage to have enough urinals to handle the fans without waiting in a line. Get to our seats. It's probably at least 1,000 degrees. First drive and the defense just lets Herbert and the Chargers walk down the field. OK, cold start, not biggie. Still 1,000 degrees. Now it's our turn on offense. Fitzpatrick literally doesn't know how to run this offense. I thought he was a ****ing Mensa student. What the ****? At least Antonio Gibson is a gamer. They ****ing grind the hell out of him. I bet he lasts 5 games if he's luck at this rate. Hey guess what, still 1,000 degrees except now we look like we're going to get blown out. Somehow Fitzpatrick get's hurt, I can't tell cause it's at the other end of the field and the stadium decides against showing a replay. But... People are chanting "Heineke!" He comes on the field and the stadium lights up with the electricity of 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit mixed with a billion gallons of Bud Light. Two lame passes in a row. It's miserable. It's hot, our vaulted defense looks absolutely pedestrian, our dark horse underdog backup QB can't connect. This is when I tell myself that I can't get mad. I've made the decision to come and be subject to this. I wanted to see my friends and watch a game with them, but I'd be much happier at home where I can just take a nap when the team disappoints this badly.

Maybe I'm just old. I'm nearly 40 at this point. There was very little redeeming about spending my Sunday at Fedex. The tailgating was disappointing and that was hopefully going to be the best part. The game experience was just downright awful. The stadium has got to be one of the worst in the league and the team didn't perform well enough to make up for it. If they would have put on a show, then that could make up for how much a flaming piece of **** that FedEx Field is.

That's all I have for now. It wasn't fun. It's Snyder's fault ultimately. I'll just stay at home and watch on my TV.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I'd love to elaborate.

First and foremost, I didn't even know of the burst pipe. Wasn't anywhere near me. Didn't effect me at all.

So we arrived there shortly after the lots opened at 9:00. Green lot F31. I hadn't been to a game since the "You like that!" game and first and foremost, I was very excited abut hanging out with friends that I don't get to see too much. I was driver, therefore I decided to keep my drinking to a minimum. The tailgating was pretty lackluster. The lots were basically empty. Like, rows and rows of unused parking. When I regularly went to games in the mid 2000's, the lots were packed and lively. Not today. There were bees all over. Like, I spent my morning dodging bees. I know that Snyder can't really control that, but it was beyond annoying. In total, between 9:00 and 12:15 I had 3 beers. We grilled and hung out. It was just OK. Not exciting whatsoever. Not the great tailgate experience I remember.

We walk into the stadium. I can tell that there have been improvements to the concourse but it's like putting lipstick on a pig. The bathrooms still lack capacity. Every other venue in the area seems to manage to have enough urinals to handle the fans without waiting in a line. Get to our seats. It's probably at least 1,000 degrees. First drive and the defense just lets Herbert and the Chargers walk down the field. OK, cold start, not biggie. Still 1,000 degrees. Now it's our turn on offense. Fitzpatrick literally doesn't know how to run this offense. I thought he was a ****ing Mensa student. What the ****? At least Antonio Gibson is a gamer. They ****ing grind the hell out of him. I bet he lasts 5 games if he's luck at this rate. Hey guess what, still 1,000 degrees except now we look like we're going to get blown out. Somehow Fitzpatrick get's hurt, I can't tell cause it's at the other end of the field and the stadium decides against showing a replay. But... People are chanting "Heineke!" He comes on the field and the stadium lights up with the electricity of 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit mixed with a billion gallons of Bud Light. Two lame passes in a row. It's miserable. It's hot, our vaulted defense looks absolutely pedestrian, our dark horse underdog backup QB can't connect. This is when I tell myself that I can't get mad. I've made the decision to come and be subject to this. I wanted to see my friends and watch a game with them, but I'd be much happier at home where I can just take a nap when the team disappoints this badly.

Maybe I'm just old. I'm nearly 40 at this point. There was very little redeeming about spending my Sunday at Fedex. The tailgating was disappointing and that was hopefully going to be the best part. The game experience was just downright awful. The stadium has got to be one of the worst in the league and the team didn't perform well enough to make up for it. If they would have put on a show, then that could make up for how much a flaming piece of **** that FedEx Field is.

That's all I have for now. It wasn't fun. It's Snyder's fault ultimately. I'll just stay at home and watch on my TV.

Agreed. Tailgating atmosphere was terrible. Chargers fans were all over the place. No home field advantage at all. 

Trading and giving up resources for a potential franchise QB can be scary to pull the trigger on because of all the factors you might be wrong about.  If the QB ends up a bonafied franchise QB for the next decade then there is no player or combo of players you can't replace over the next season or two because there is no position as important or that will lead to your team winning consistently.  The players you give up might lead to some short term pain, but when you look at the teams that seem to win consistently season to season, not necessarily contending for a title, but at least in the playoffs and always in the conversation the one thing they tend to have in common is a franchise QB.  It is the one position you can truly build around and it also instantly makes the players around them a lot more interchangeable all of a sudden.

27 minutes ago, Springfield said:

thanks for sharing.

I HATE DESPITE cannot ****ing stand how the stadium refuses to show replays. Same thing at Caps games but there are far less specific plays to replay in hock. NFL has time after every play to show it!

I think they fear a riot in the stands or someone will be horrified at what they see and Dan Snyder Comms LLC will be sued. Yet millions at home on TV see every replay instantly.  WTFWFT?

The lack of replays alone is enough to keep me away from Fedex.  I text friends at games with replay info - that's not a fumble / its a hip etc.

Edited by RandyHolt

Obviously our poor defensive showing is the most frustrating part of the game. The chargers were having their way with us. 

Offensively we seemed to have a spark in the 3rd but somehow sabotaged ourselves with penalties and conservative play calling. WTF can’t we figure how to get the ball to Terry?! Did we try play action passing?