Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are you eating right now?

Spaceman Spiff

• 2 weeks later...

A giant ****ing salad. Greens are kale, watercrest, local collareds and mustard greens. tossed in a green caser I make with spirulina, moringa, chlorella and silken tofu. topped with radishes, peppers, tomato, onion, sweet potato, yellow peas, lentils and amaranth. Then with chikn seitan and salt and pepper tofu. About 1,000 calories and 100 grams of protein. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

My wife is almost dying trying to go to Jollibee. I think the closest one to here is in Florida though. We've been to the one in Jacksonville and the one in VA Beach or Norfolk.

Don't think they have a Halo Halo though. We did have a roach coach here a while ago that made them but they were like 12 bucks and didn't have all the right stuff in it.

Those things are about a dollar in the Philippines. Good Mango smoothie there is about 50c for 16oz.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Been watching my macros for the past few weeks, have seen pretty good results.

Wife bought flank steak from Costco, so there were two giant ones in a pack, she cooked them at the same time.  And I've never really cared for flank steak, I've always thought it was cheap and tough...but she found this recipe and holy **** was it good.  Tender and juicy and awesome.  She actually baked them in the oven for a little bit and flipped them after about 4 or 5 minutes.

They're both gone now, I've been eating steak all day without blowing my fat allowance out of the water.  Had no idea lean, cheap steak could be so good.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

39 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

My wife is almost dying trying to go to Jollibee. I think the closest one to here is in Florida though. We've been to the one in Jacksonville and the one in VA Beach or Norfolk.

Don't think they have a Halo Halo though. We did have a roach coach here a while ago that made them but they were like 12 bucks and didn't have all the right stuff in it.

Those things are about a dollar in the Philippines. Good Mango smoothie there is about 50c for 16oz.

Most Jollibees out here in NorCal are in Seafood City locations.  There is usually a Jollibee, Chowking, Red Ribbon, and Valerios in the same supermarket location. 

• Like 1

TikTok hyped this fish sandwich with caviar at Birdcall in LA.  Had to get it while we're out here and it did not disappoint. 

$80 fish sandwich and worth it, imo.

IMG_20240907_173828.thumb.jpg.32bee5c69a38234a4e45b672522891ba.jpg

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Been watching my macros for the past few weeks, have seen pretty good results.

Wife bought flank steak from Costco, so there were two giant ones in a pack, she cooked them at the same time.  And I've never really cared for flank steak, I've always thought it was cheap and tough...but she found this recipe and holy **** was it good.  Tender and juicy and awesome.  She actually baked them in the oven for a little bit and flipped them after about 4 or 5 minutes.

They're both gone now, I've been eating steak all day without blowing my fat allowance out of the water.  Had no idea lean, cheap steak could be so good.

Flank steak hasn't been cheap for years.

They take well  to marinades and as long as you cook them rare to med-rare and slice along the grain, they're very tender.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

I just made these cottage cheese bagels: 1 cup cottage cheese (blended smooth), 1 cup all purpose flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, egg wash top & TJ everything seasoning. Toss in a 375 oven for 27 minutes. Outstanding!

image.png.824771aae688489ce4270dbee995a73b.png

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, China said:

I thought bagels had to be boiled for a minute before baking?

Real bagels do. These ended up crispy on the outside & soft on the inside. The recipe said to use self-raising flour - which I never buy. The baking powder gives these the lift. Can sub wheat flour here, too. Next batch will include cheddar & jalapenos. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I just made these cottage cheese bagels: 1 cup cottage cheese (blended smooth), 1 cup all purpose flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, egg wash top & TJ everything seasoning. Toss in a 375 oven for 27 minutes. Outstanding!

image.png.824771aae688489ce4270dbee995a73b.png

Fascinating, I might have to try that just to see.

11 minutes ago, Larry said:

McDriveThru breakfast burrito. Believe it or not, the only breakfast burrito I've ever had that I actually like. 

When I worked at the doggy daycare, I'd get 2...one to get going, and one for a mid-morning snack. 

But they were only $1 back then.