Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES DMV Happy Hour (Now with a Poll)

PleaseBlitz

For Headcount Purposes, Vote Yes If You Are Likely To Attend (Assume It Is A Saturday In Sept)  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Likely To Attend?

• Yes, gonna try to make it assuming the timing works
    • No

52 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This could be a good option.

https://www.wundergartendc.com/  

They'll let me reserve 3 tables for up to 25 people. 

Falls Church/McLean area.  And wow, if I wanted to go back to my office in DC where I've only been twice in 18 months now, I would have suggested this place.

I liked it better when we were suggesting places I could walk/stumble home from :)

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This could be a good option.

https://www.wundergartendc.com/  

They'll let me reserve 3 tables for up to 25 people. 

That’s just right down the street from my place, been there a few times this summer. Love it there. 

10 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Falls Church/McLean area.

I’d suggest dogwood tavern in falls church 

22 minutes ago, mistertim said:

This has been mentioned in previous posts but depending on how many people may be showing up, going to a bar or restaurant on a weekend may not work out that well unless we rent out a specific room or area.

THANK YOU MR TWO DAYS TOO LATE

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, mistertim said:

This has been mentioned in previous posts but depending on how many people may be showing up, going to a bar or restaurant on a weekend may not work out that well unless we rent out a specific room or area.

Yea, I'm looking into it.  One of the reasons I wanted to plan a month ahead. 

• PleaseBlitz changed the title to ES DMV Happy Hour (Now with a Poll)
36 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

Damn was hoping somebody’s yard would win out.  I’d bring a little whiskey.  I might make the bar thing depending on when and where.  Good idea overall though!

If it incentives anyone in NoVa to offer up their property (and I don't recommend anyone actually do that), I'd be bring "a little whiskey" too.  

Instead of everybody stressing about beltway traffic for the 10 thousandth time ever,  let’s expand our minds…

5 OGs put up $500 each and grab an Airbnb mansion in the VA/NC hills for a weekend in October.  25 acres, big pool, DirectTV gameday package, etc…if you know, you know.  

Make it a 4 hour drive for everybody and put your stack up.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

If you can tolerate a Saints fan (but also root for the Capitals, and hae rooted for the Skins n the past, so there's that), I might be up for it.  In Blacksburg atm but I come up to NoVa all the time as I have family in the area.  Plus my office is going to stay remote for the forseeable future anyways. 

Edited by DCSaints_fan

12 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Instead of everybody stressing about beltway traffic for the 10 thousandth time ever,  let’s expand our minds…

5 OGs put up $500 each and grab an Airbnb mansion in the VA/NC hills for a weekend in October.  25 acres, big pool, DirectTV gameday package, etc…if you know, you know.  

Make it a 4 hour drive for everybody and put your stack up.

Sounds like a pretty cool idea but just looking through Airbnb I don't see much there as far as the "luxe" mansion part of their service. Though there are probably regular houses available...not sure the owners would be down with 10-20 people being there for a weekend and partying though...

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Sounds like a pretty cool idea but just looking through Airbnb I don't see much there as far as the "luxe" mansion part of their service. Though there are probably regular houses available...not sure the owners would be down with 10-20 people being there for a weekend and partying though...

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/22988356?adults=4&check_in=2021-09-15&check_out=2021-09-20&translate_ugc=false&federated_search_id=9788b7be-aeec-45d2-ac96-0d9be03854a1&source_impression_id=p3_1629124745_CCTWI7YeJ0ob3%2FRc