Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 SUPERBOWL - RAMS VS. BENGALS!!!

zCommander

I'm just going to leave this here....head says the Rams, heart says the Bengals.  However....

There are a lot of similarities between Joe Burrow and young Tom Brady.  Both slightly doughy guys with good but not superior arm strength and a real leadership quality that makes everyone around them better.  Burrow is probably in better physical shape than Brady was but makes up for it with his drinking and cigars.

The Patriots weren't much of a franchise to speak of prior to Tom Brady.  They had existed for 40 years and made the playoffs a total of nine times.  Their all time record is currently 529-411-9.  I wasn't about to sit here with a calculator, but the eyeball test looking at their season by season records shows a whole lot of 12-4 or better type season with Brady, so we can safely say that for 40 years, they were a .500 franchise who made the playoffs once every four years and never won a Super Bowl.

Why am I saying this?  The Cincinnati Bengals have been in existence 54 years.  They have made the playoffs 14 times, almost exactly one in four years.  Like the Patriots (prior to Brady) they made the Super Bowl two times and lost them both, exactly like the Patriots.  And they currently have the most Tom Brady like young QB.

Essentially, I would almost make a Vegas bet that if the Bengals win today, they're going to win another six within the next 15 seasons, we're all going to sports hate Joe Burrow the way we sports hate Tom Brady, for his massive success, the Bengals will be the new Patriots where everyone is sick of them, and there will suddenly be about 400% more Bengals fans than you ever knew existed before.

Only Matt Stafford and the Rams can save us from this future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Essentially, I would almost make a Vegas bet that if the Bengals win today, they're going to win another six within the next 15 seasons, we're all going to sports hate Joe Burrow the way we sports hate Tom Brady, for his massive success, the Bengals will be the new Patriots where everyone is sick of them, and there will suddenly be about 400% more Bengals fans than you ever knew existed before.

Tom Brady's career will never be matched.  I don't think even Burrow could accomplish half of what Brady has accomplished.  Point blank, Tom Brady's career is not supposed to happen in the NFL.  Nobody is supposed to be that good for that long.  Even the greats of the past before free-agency couldn't come close. 

Much like our Joe Gibbs.  Nobody will ever accomplish what he accomplished as a Coach again.  3 Super Bowl wins with 3 different starting QB's and RB's.  Not supposed to happen.      

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

I'll be rooting for the Bengals because of Cincy trying to win their first SB after their 2 losses against the 49ers. But if the Rams win that's OK because of McVay and Stafford. I'll be in the kitchen at halftime.

I’m hoping “I’ll be in the kitchen at halftime” is some new slang I’m not fluent with.

Either that or your really old.

For we 80’s babies, it can’t get much better than this.

21 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m hoping “I’ll be in the kitchen at halftime” is some new slang I’m not fluent with.

Either that or your really old.

For we 80’s babies, it can’t get much better than this.

Just would rather make a sandwich than bother with any SB halftime shows. They've been quite boring lately. But yes I'm really old. Dirt old.😜

Edited by BleedBNG

4 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Just would rather make a sandwich than bother with any SB halftime shows. They've been quite boring lately. But yes I'm really old. Dirt old.😜

I am not sure how old you are but I used to listen to Dr. Dre, Eminem and Snoop Dogg back in the days. I am actually looking forward for this year's half-time show. I mean you are not going to get Hetfield or U2 but these 3 will do. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I am not sure how old you are but I used to listen to Dr. Dre, Eminem and Snoop Dogg back in the days. I am actually looking forward for this year's half-time show. I mean you are not going to get Hetfield or U2 but these 3 will do. :)

65. Yeah, I hear ya. Who's Hetfield?