Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 SUPERBOWL - RAMS VS. BENGALS!!!

zCommander

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

There’s a guy in the fix the QB thread that is saying TH is better than Stafford.  TH could never make that through Stafford just did to Jefferson.  That was a rope.

Stafford was getting a lot of the same criticism Cousins gets when he was in Detroit.  The “can’t beat teams with winning records” thing. Some people obviously haven’t let that go.  

But what they refuse to see is that TH isn’t even viewed as a starter in this league.  Not even by his own head coach.  He’s not in the conversation with these other guys, no matter what you think of them.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

There’s a guy in the fix the QB thread that is saying TH is better than Stafford.  TH could never make that through Stafford just did to Jefferson.  That was a rope.

No he could not.

However, in fairness, maybe 15 of the QBs in the NFL can make that throw with that velocity and accuracy.  Stafford has a top 5 NFL arm.  You don’t need that type of arm strength to be successful.  Hell, neither of the Manning’s had it.  (Peyton keeps mentioning Stafford’s arm strength, almost in a “damn it would have been nice” kind of way.) but it sure is nice…

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Can’t beat them if we didn’t play them, which we didn’t. 

That was 2020 when we played them, with HASKINS starting. With Haskins, no **** we couldn’t beat them 

33 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Why would kliff kingsbury be on the hot seat? The cardinals have improved all 3 seasons (record-wise) that he’s been the coach. 

I think we should call you Cooley-pedia with the way you're always so quick with stats and history, all stored in your brain

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No he could not.

However, in fairness, maybe 15 of the QBs in the NFL can make that throw with that velocity and accuracy.  Stafford has a top 5 NFL arm.  You don’t need that type of arm strength to be successful.  Hell, neither of the Manning’s had it.  (Peyton keeps mentioning Stafford’s arm strength, almost in a “damn it would have been nice” kind of way.) but it sure is nice…

Yeah, it wasn’t a knock on TH at all.  It’s just that it takes special arm talent to hit that pass and why comparing the two is laughable.

• Like 1

The Divisional Round

San Fran @ Green Bay- I think  Green Bay wins by at least 2 TDs.  This seems like a 31-14 type game to me.

Los Angeles @ Tompa Bay- This can go either way.  Tampa is missing key pieces but they have Tom Brady; which equalizes anything the Rams can bring.  I say Tommy eakes out a close win. Say something like 34-31.

Cincy @ Tennessee- Will Henry play? If there's to be an upset, this seems like the best bet.  So, I am going with the upset. Burrow charges to the championship game.  34-24

Buffalo @ Kansas City- I smell shootout.  What should be the best game all weekend, will end up being a shootout.  Patrick comes out on top. 37-33

• Like 2

SF vs GB: I wouldn’t sleep on SF.  GB’s DC is Joe Barry.  And I promise Kyle will have a plan which will confuse the hell out of him. I think it’s going to be closer than people think because Barry is an idiot.

Rams vs. Bucs: give me the Rams.  Donald eats Brady for dinner. Brady is really only bothered by immediate inside pressure.  The Rams can do that to him.  And the Ram’s offense is good.  Will really depend on if Stafford plays well.

Chiefs vs. Bills. I have a feeling the Bills are a hair better.  But it’s in KC.  Give me the Chiefs in a back and forth, pretty high scoring game.

Tenn vs. Cincy. I honestly don’t know or care about this game.  Whoever wins will lose to whoever wins the Chiefs vs. Bills game.  

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well. Can’t say i was happy that almost every game was a blowout. 2 out of 6 being competitive just isn’t good to start the playoffs. 

Unless you are rooting for one of the 4 teams which won convincingly.  Then it’s a great start to the playoffs.

I think my favorite game of the weekend to watch was actually the Raiders vs. Bengals.

The Dallas vs. 49ers game was actually a drubbing minus 2 ridiculous “oops” plays by the 49ers which let Dallas have an inexplicable chance at the end.

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Unless you are rooting for one of the 4 teams which won convincingly.  Then it’s a great start to the playoffs.

I think my favorite game of the weekend to watch was actually the Raiders vs. Bengals.

The Dallas vs. 49ers game was actually a drubbing minus 2 ridiculous “oops” plays by the 49ers which let Dallas have an inexplicable chance at the end.

Yeah, i was cheering for a beatdown of Philly and Dallas, so i liked how those two went, and my friend is a bills fan so i was cheering for them, and would’ve enjoyed a close exciting bills pats game, but definitely not complaining about the blowout.

would’ve preferred a close Steelers chiefs game (but wasn’t expecting it) and a close rams cards game. 

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

8 days? Didn’t the bucs play yesterday? Isn’t Sunday to Sunday 7 days?

Sorry, nevermind I'm wrong.

For some reason, I had it incorrectly etched in my mind that they played Saturday.

So it's a 7 day period

Maybe since Sunday was such a long day of football and 3 games, all of which I watched, that the earliest game seemed like 2 days ago

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

The 49ers are built to where they can realistically keep winning games until Jimmy G needs to be a factor.  The 49ers were on their way to routing Dallas but Jimmy started missing passes and making questionable decisions on a lot of 2nd half drives that allowed Dallas to stick around.  The 49ers multiple possession lead really gave them the cushion they needed with that defense being able to cause problems for Dak. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Ranking the Remaing Playoff Teams

1. Green Bay - After losing the last 2 nfc championships; think Aaron won't be denied this year. None of the remaining nfc teams will beat Green Bay this year.

2. Kansas City - After a poor early season, they rallied back. They should be heavy favorites,  to make their 3rd straight Superbowl. 

3. Buffalo- My preseason pick to win it all. If Kansas City doesn't make it back, it will be because the Bills beat them this weekend. 

4. Tampa Bay- Yes, they are down 2 receivers with Goodwin out and Brown cut; but Tom Brady gives them the edge over LA,Arizona and San Fran.

5. Los Angeles- Great defense but Stafford will have to prove, LA made the right move. They should win tonight and could make it to championship game but Green Bay will shut down Stafford.

6. Tennessee- They should beat Cincy but I can see Cincy pull the upset. Better if Henry plays. They won't beat KC or Buffalo though, in a championship game.

7. San Francisco- Great game against Dallas but Jimmy's run ends this weekend.

8. Cincy- They almost lost the Raiders, so I think their run ends but they could upset. Cincy has a bright future.

9. Arizona- Maybe they win tonight but that would  be it.ink only my top 4 are the teams that could play in the Superbowl.

Great write up, because of course I see it the exact same way.  Hard not to pick a GB/KC SB.  But I'm rooting for the Bills and Rams for Stafford.