Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 SUPERBOWL - RAMS VS. BENGALS!!!

zCommander

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm heavily annoyed we beat the Bucs, got swept by the Eagles, now the Eagles are getting clown pounded by the Bucs all in the same year in that order 😒

Bucs are playing on another level vs. our game. They are fired up and in full-on berserker mode. Don't think many teams would fare well against them today. 

Edited by Dissident2

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Hurts is horrendous. Philly should be packaging their three #1s for a veteran star QB.

He is, when you can contain him.

Tampa has done a good job of containing him.

And I still don't understand why taking your helmet off is considered such a flagrant, egregious foul.

A oenalty is fine.

But 15 yards ?

Making a helmet removal the same exact penalty as bashing a QB's brain into the ground ?

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Kerrigan has matched Chase Young's season sack total in one half today lolol

In fairness, that last one was against a guy who literally can’t move.  

i still believe Chase can be a top 5 player at his position. However he needs to recover from his injury and get his head screwed on right.  I don’t know if either of those things will happen.  But they certainly could. 

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

He is, when you can contain him.

Tampa has done a good job of containing him.

And I still don't understand why taking your helmet off is considered such a flagrant, egregious foul.

A oenalty is fine.

But 15 yards ?

Making a helmet removal the same exact penalty as bashing a QB's brain into the ground ?

They put this rule in 25 years ago to stop taunting.  And actually, at the time it was known as the Emmit Smith rule because he was constantly ripping off his helmet to celebrate.  

I don’t care either way. But its a stupid penalty to take.  Just keep your goddamn helmet on until you get to the sidelines.

• Like 1

Just now, Idaho fan said:

Need to get Wirfs out of the game.  He is a liability at this point. 

Just now, bh32 said:

Why do injured players go back into games knowing that they are too hurt to be effective.so stupid

Its a manly, man thing mans like to do. Ever since Jay Cutler was non nonchalantly peddling on an exercise bike, on the sideline, during a playoff game with a sprained ankle, no one wants to come out. They might question the manly man's manshood. 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

They put this rule in 25 years ago to stop taunting.  And actually, at the time it was known as the Emmit Smith rule because he was constantly ripping off his helmet to celebrate.  

I don’t care either way. But its a stupid penalty to take.  Just keep your goddamn helmet on until you get to the sidelines.

Yea, I remember. It goes back a long way. The Michael Westhbrook helmet-gate goes down in history.

But there's levels of taunting, IMO.

And IMO, taking your helmet off is the very lowest level of taunting. And should be penalized accordingly, as far as yards.

It's open to interpretation, and could even be interpreted as something other than taunting.

I mean, for example, let's say you take your helmet off, and the nearest opposing player is 30 yards away - is that really taunting ?

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yea, I remember. It goes back a long way. The Michael Westhbrook helmet-gate goes down in history.

But there's levels of taunting, IMO.

And IMO, taking your helmet off is the very lowest level of taunting. And should be penalized accordingly, as far as yards.

It's open to interpretation, and could even be interpreted as something other than taunting.

I mean, for example, let's say you take your helmet off, and the nearest opposing player is 30 yards away - is that really taunting ?

No.  And again, I don’t care.

This rule was put in really as the first attempt to stop taunting.  I think they could remove or change the rule at this point.  I kindof feel it’s kindof a forgotten “grandfathered” in rule.