Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

2 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

Well, there you have it.

Terry

Samuel

Brown

Humphries

C.Sims

Max 2 spots available. Confirmed by the coach. 

Add Milne for kick returns and injuries to Humphries and you've got your 6. Seems pretty obvious. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, wit33 said:

In June it means a lot.... okay. :)

Wow, it's June already.  I thought May would never end.  As i got older, i've come to enjoy baseball, but this time of year is like baseball itself:  mostly boring as heck with a few moments of excitement.  If you want to know why football dominates American sports, just go back to the mid-70's (when Trances was an early middle-ager) and watch (youtube) the intro to CBS's Sunday football show "The NFL Today".  All those bone-crunching hits and then that theme song.  No other sport could get a kid in front of the TV.  Actually it was just the NFC because the AFC's Sunday show was lame, their music sucked, and all the good announcers were in the NFC.  Plus Susan Anton, let's not forget her.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

McCain is a FS and Curl is the second best SS behind Collins, so I don't think that'll happen. 

It doesn’t matter. They’re interchangeable. The point I’m making is we need guys who can cover and Landon is not someone who can. With our front seven especially with an improved lb corp we need the secondary to be able to cover. I wouldn’t sleep on the rook Forrest too. 

Do we really need a guy who counts $15 mil against the cap coming off a serious injury? Take the hit and use it to resign our young guys. 

6 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Gotta love this time of the year when coaches are glowing about every player on the roster and Noone can do any wrong.

It's mostly gauno but certainly gets you psyched up for the start of the season.

Yep.  One difference maybe is I think this roster is genuinely loaded.  If things break right -- low number of injuries, playing hitting their potential, etc -- I think the optimisim might end up warranted. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

On 6/6/2021 at 2:54 PM, terpfan said:

What would the same rankings look like if we’re considering total value of the player going forward… so factoring in age, position, talent, and production… but let’s say not contract situation. Maybe something like this? Edit: basically like if all players were available in a Madden fantasy draft type situation. 

1. Chase Young

2. Terry McClaurin

3. Montez Sweat

4. Jonathan Allen

5. Daron Payne

6. Brandon Scherff

7. William Jackson

8. Curtis Samuel

9. Antonio Gibson

10. Matt Ionnadis

11. Kendall Fuller

12. Kam Curl

13. Chase Roullier

14. Cole Holcomb

15. Logan Thomas

Others I considered: Does Jamin Davis make the top 15 even though he hasn’t played a snap? Does a 39 year old Fitzpatrick make it just based on the value of his position?

Like your list overall so what I’m going to say is a nit, even a mini-nit at that, but I think it’s worth saying all the same.

At the top of your list I would switch Montez Sweat to #2 behind Chase and put Terry at #3.

I suspect that we unconsciously devalue the relative importance of Sweat (again this is pure nitpicking) because we already have the league consensus generational edge player opposite him. 

I think IF Sweat reaches his full potential (and few humans ever do)  he will have a first ballot h.o.f. type impact and career.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

It's comparative.  In Tranceswithwolves' day when you had to count 3 Mrs. Sippi before you could rush, elite production was measured by that circumstance (which is why guys who lost their front teeth ended up as run-stoppers because they couldn't enunciate fast enough), but you have to cut the group off where you haven't watered down the world "elite".

In my day football was a blood sport where real men were allowed to do real men things to each other...(not sure that came out right).

Anyways, you played hard ‘til the whistle sounded then you gave your opponent a last second close line or swift kick to the junk just so’s he knew your name. 

The forward pass hadn’t even been invented yet. ;) It was all about running hitting and tackling. Brutal stuff.

There was none of that newfangled specializing neither. You played offense, defense and the kicking game all game long.

Sidelines were strictly reserved for coaches, the dying and the dead.

You didn’t dare come out of the game unless you were seriously injured— by seriously injured I mean that you had either lost a limb outright or a bone was sticking out of somewhere and they couldn’t push it back in easily before the next down.

Ohhh those were the days...

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

In my day football was a blood sport where real men were allowed to do real men things to each other...(not sure that came out right).

Anyways, you played hard ‘til the whistle sounded then you gave your opponent a last second close line or swift kick to the junk just so’s he knew your name. 

The forward pass hadn’t even been invented yet. ;) It was all about running hitting and tackling. Brutal stuff.

There was none of that newfangled specializing neither. You played offense, defense and the kicking game all game long.

Sidelines were strictly reserved for coaches, the dying and the dead.

You didn’t dare come out of the game unless you were seriously injured— by seriously injured I mean that you had either lost a limb outright or a bone was sticking out of somewhere and they couldn’t push it back in easily before the next down.

Ohhh those were the days...

And leather helmets, don't forget about the leather helmets.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Man the WFT hype is on helium!

Either we are about to have an Annus Mirabilis (miracle year) that our children will be telling their grand children about 100 years from now or...

We are all victims of the most sophisticated con job since Robert Shaw bet big bucks on Blue Note to win, when he should have “placed it on Blue Note” (The Sting reference kiddies). 

In which case this is going to turn into just another Anus Gerbalis*  type fiasco.

*(google Richard Gere gerbil rumor/myth kiddies) nsfw

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Bulletin Board material:

https://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cowboys/post/_/id/4773683/dallas-cowboys-receiver-ceedee-lambs-message-get-your-popcorn-ready

I love this time of year..... hope always springs eternal everywhere. All the fluff stories... all the practice highlights..... and players/coaches quotes about how change has been good/needed, others how stability is invaluable, players who transformed their bodies in the offseason, etc.

The narratives change quickly when things go live though.

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Like your list overall so what I’m going to say is a nit, even a mini-nit at that, but I think it’s worth saying all the same.

At the top of your list I would switch Montez Sweat to #2 behind Chase and put Terry at #3.

I suspect that we unconsciously devalue the relative importance of Sweat (again this is pure nitpicking) because we already have the league consensus generational edge player opposite him. 

I think IF Sweat reaches his full potential (and few humans ever do)  he will have a first ballot h.o.f. type impact and career.

Yeah you could certainly make that argument. They would be the same tier in my mind, below Young, both ahead of everyone else. I would give Terry the edge only because to this point I think his actual production has been more impressive. 

• Like 1