Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to Washington Dax Milne, WR BYU

zCommander

Wide receiver Dax Milne earned praise from Rivera for his sharp route running. Rivera said Milne, a slot receiver, is a little bigger than the typical player at that position, but that wasn't viewed as a negative by the coach.

https://richmond.com/sports/professional/practice-observations-small-patterson-makes-big-impression-at-washingtons-rookie-camp/article_7e1dd9fa-031b-5fb2-bd81-1eb89787b359.html

WFT's Ron Rivera commented after the session that seventh-round rookie Dax Milne was bigger in person than what he looked like on tape. Milne seemed to catch everything that was thrown his way during reps.

https://www.si.com/nfl/washingtonfootball/news/wfts-day-1-rookie-mini-camp-observations-brown-and-bates-catch-everything

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Milne is in a good spot to take over from Humphries next year.  Unlike Sims though, I could see him playing outside as well (little more crowded field though in terms of competition.  

Kind of thinking the best bet might be Samuel moving inside in 3 receiver sets with Brown, Harmon, or Milne outside (or anyone else who steps up).  I picture that being the case if Humphries missed any time, and a more likely long term outcome - next year after Humphries leaves. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I listened to this Keim postcast.  Dax's former coach sold him hard.  in short, he has a good feel for how to create space as a receiver.  He thinks he can play well at slot or outside.  He's a workaholic, sharp as a tack.  He's quiet initially with teammates but once he feels comfortable he loosens up and he has a cool personality.  He also said he loves to rib teammates.  

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Dax's former coach sold him hard.  in short, he has a good feel for how to create space as a receiver.  He thinks he can play well at slot or outside.  He's a workaholic, sharp as a tack.  He's quiet initially with teammates but once he feels comfortable he loosens up and he has a cool personality.  He also said he loves to rib teammates.  

So, how is he different from Trey Quinn ? ;)

On 5/15/2021 at 3:25 PM, mistertim said:

Is it just me or does Milne look like he's an 8th grader in that picture?  :ols:

That's a bit harsh. Clearly, he looks every bit, the 9th Grade High School Freshman.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I listened to this Keim postcast.  Dax's former coach sold him hard.  in short, he has a good feel for how to create space as a receiver.  He thinks he can play well at slot or outside.  He's a workaholic, sharp as a tack.  He's quiet initially with teammates but once he feels comfortable he loosens up and he has a cool personality.  He also said he loves to rib teammates.  

Rooting hard for this guy to make the team and believes he makes the final 53. 

• 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

I've been hearing good reports, primarily about his punt return ability. I know we signed Deandre Carter but maybe Milne is more versatile. Carter has to be a one trick pony given his stats in the league. 

But Rivera talked about a dual returner helping the depth of the roster and cited it as a reason they brought him in. Talked about being good with the ball in his hands. 

Sounds like Carter is making the team.

On 8/2/2021 at 9:48 AM, Florgon79 said:

I've been hearing good reports, primarily about his punt return ability. I know we signed Deandre Carter but maybe Milne is more versatile. Carter has to be a one trick pony given his stats in the league. 

Yea I would be disappointed if a guy used up a roster spot and all he did was return punts and/or kicks.

Especially if he was just average at doing that

8 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yea I would be disappointed if a guy used up a roster spot and all he did was return punts and/or kicks.

Especially if he was just average at doing that

Yeah it's kind of weird to me too. Carter is an ok return guy but he's basically hardly even a receiver. He's been on 8 teams since 2015 and over that time has a grand total of 386 receiving yards and 0 TDs. I'd kind of hope that Milne's upside as a receiver would net him a spot. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah it's kind of weird to me too. Carter is an ok return guy but he's basically hardly even a receiver. He's been on 8 teams since 2015 and over that time has a grand total of 386 receiving yards and 0 TDs. I'd kind of hope that Milne's upside as a receiver would net him a spot. 

Not to mention he has 0 tds on returns. For a guy to be only a returner it does not bode well for him to have zero of those on 63 punt returns and 45 kick returns. Personally I don't like returning Kickoffs unless you have to because the ball falls short of the goal line. Take the 25. It infuriates me starting from the 18 yard line because the returner took it from 5 yards deep. If all we need is a punt returner then make Milne that dude. I heard the only reason he didn't do it more at BYU is because he was too valuable as a receiver. 

• Thanks 1