Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, GhostofSparta said:

Oh look, military people to present the Commanders pick. Who could have possibly seen this transparent ploy, likely happening repeatedly over the coming years, coming a mile away

Coming a Klick away. 

We're super fans of all things military now.  Get your lingo right.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Gonna have to change my board next year to account for “value” instead of best players. There’s a lot of players I wouldn’t have taken based on my board the way the picks came off the board.

I think the NFL maybe didn't think that highly of this draft

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Overview
Burly, top-heavy guard prospect with a mean streak and balance issues. Robinson has played tackle and guard but is a guard-only prospect. He’s got strong hands and a powerful upper body but lacks the bend and base to stay firmly rooted to keep defenders in front of him. When he’s centered up and locked in on the block, the finish is sure to be an aggressive one. Robinson struggles to play with range and control in both phases of blocking and has a very limited ceiling as a pro.

:229:The Rook

I never understood the love fest with Strong. Nice arm but limited in everything else and awful medicals. What did everyone love about him? That he was a possible late round QB and we were targeting a late round QB?

Just now, The Rook said:

Overview
Burly, top-heavy with a mean streak and balance issues.

Like looking in the mirror. 😆

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've heard those who know the process as for UDFA, the highest bidder often gets their targets

good get

Now that's what I'm talking about! How did this kid fly under my radar. NFL.com had a 4th round grade on Hansford. Sounds like he's raw and has only played LB for one full season but has tons of potential.

Need more info on this kid ASAP

7 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

I actually disagree. He’s a completely different type of QB than Hurts, so any reps he’s getting are kind of not that useful in his development. If Hurts fails they would have to completely redesign the offense for him to contribute down the line. I like when teams take similar players.

I like Strong a lot but I think it’s a bad fit.

If Hurts fails; Eagles are drafting a qb in 23. They have assets to move up if needed.

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

This is a bit of a weird argument. Over the past 20 years there have been 20 #1 overall picks. Teams usually pick up between 10-20 UDFAs each year, so we'll go with 15. 15 per team over 20 years equals 9,600 players. 

So yeah, from a purely law of averages perspective I'm not especially surprised that a pool of almost 10,000 has more HOF players than a pool of 20.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 3