Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

Just now, Est.1974 said:

So where we going in the 7th.

Some random small school athletic freaks ? 

Taking a chance on Wydermyer. Get one of these OL who have dropped forever. Injury risk player like Ross. I’d still seriously consider Carson Strong.

Needwise, I think we still need a guard and a linebacker, but honestly, in the seventh find someone who does something really well. You're not going to find a starter, but you can find someone with a few excellent traits or ridiculous production despite not being fast or big enough.

• Like 1

I'm all for staying put in the 7th round at this point and see who falls. Plenty of good OLineman still available. Buffalo nickel and LB need to be better than anyone left to draft. Get those guys from free agency now that it won't count against compensatory picks.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Are we going to downgrade him for not using the team approved #TakeCommand hashtag?  

Lack of attention to detail.  He won't amount to anything.  

:P

(FWIW I think the #TakeCommand hashtag is stupid and I'm ok with him not using it, if the sarcasm wasn't clear.  This comment specifically for @Cooleyfan1993)

This post would make more sense if the hashtag that won wasn’t #HTTC (the one he used) :) 

Fail The Simpsons GIF

4 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I'd package our two 7ths together to go up and get Rasheed Walker or Jamaree Salyer and then call it a day.

One thing for sure we'd better be on the phone talking to some serious talented priority UDFAs.  If we keep our picks and use them, which we will, I think other teams will have a head start on us.  I want to see us get at least one legit UDFA signing this year.  Just one!  :)  

1 minute ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I'd like Domann to fill the Buffalo nickel position....I think that would need to be a trade up though. I see him going in the 6th

His two ACL injuries may hold him back until the 7th.  

• Like 1

Rasheed Walker is a very high upside player. He is similar to Saahdiq Charles in that regard. Could tank, could pan out, could be a swing guy. He's a real wild card. But now is the time for that kind of thing. For guys who are super into value his Round 1 talent but UDFA consistency is a gamble worth trying.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

How did Bledsoe end up on the Bills? Bill didn't trade Bledsoe in division did he?  I know he ended up there after Brady took over, but I can't remember how that happened.  Maybe he was released and signed there...

Pats traded him for a 1st to the Bills. 🤓

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Did we not have a 6th round pick? I fell asleep for a couple hours after an early morning and thought we had to have one by the time i woke up.

Traded it and one of our 4th round picks for two fifth round picks (Howell and Turner)

Edited by dswerdlw
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I've read a couple of reports saying that the safety was the highest rated safety in the draft. I can easily see Kurl being our strong safety and free being our big weakness. After all, how many times did we get beat over the top? If he's a great free and a great special teamer, he could be what we really need.

Wasn't Curl playing the Box Safety in 2020? I'm trying remember our formations and  I remember we were trying to play Collins deep and he sucked. Then he got hurt and replaced by Everett / Reaves who played that much better, but I think I remember Curl always playing a Box / SS type role in 2020. 

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

Wasn't Curl playing the Box Safety in 2020? I'm trying remember our formations and  I remember we were trying to play Collins deep and he sucked. Then he got hurt and replaced by Everett / Reaves who played that much better, but I think I remember Curl always playing a Box / SS type role in 2020. 

Yeah Curl was fantastic in that role and it’s interesting with us supposedly valuing the safety versatility we took what some say is the best ranging FS in the draft. 

By the way I started watching the 2023 QBs. Haven't gotten too far. Trying to get a baseline for my scouting so I don't do what I did this year and cram everyone into a month :ols:

It's better than 2023. I'm 4 prospects in.

Stroud is legit and probably the #1 overall right now. Play wise he and Bryce Young are pretty even all things considered, but Young looks like he's 5-11. And whether that should or shouldn't matter... we all know it will.

Young is the easy #2.

Those two alone make the entire class much better than the 22 class.

DJ Ukelele from Clemson. He's... got good size? Happy feet, he's often a total statue in the pocket despite having some athletic ability, pre-determines his receiver and stares them down. I'm not sure he's better than the guys this year at this point (he has a season to prove it) but his size is going to mean someone gives him a shot earlier than the 22 dudes.

Interested in seeing Cam Ward from Wash St play. He's coming from "Incarnate Word" 

image.png.be2712d9f0c8618ffbac63f3c5d34edc.png

FCS game log from last year. Going to have a chance to prove he's what people think he is. 

-59 yards rushing against McNeese State, though. 

Has Kevin Austin gone yet? If we can't get a LB or Buff Nickel then we might as well bring in competition for Cam Sims. I think Kevin Austin could beat him out actually. Might as well load the offense because LB and BN are a huge problem right now.

No guarantee that the Honey Badger would even come here... And all the FA LBs suck fat ones. Banking on a good LB to be cut is dicey.

2 hours ago, Going Commando said:

That is the kind of pick that could save everyone's jobs if things go sideways.  That was a great ****ing pick.

I only really looked at Willis and Corral bc the Wentz trade came down the pipe not long after I started looking at guys. Is Howell’s upside really that high??  

• Like 1