Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

Just now, Chump Bailey said:

I do like Dotson, but I am bummed we don't have more picks though to be honest. Lot's of good talent to be had in these mid rounds - lot's.

98,113,120 can get us RB,LB,DB in any order.

We’ll have options to move back at 47.

What about the OL and DL depth. Wonder what contingency we have lined up in free agency. Daryl Williams would sort out the right hand side of the OL if needs be.

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

98,113,120 can get us RB,LB,DB in any order.

We’ll have options to move back at 47.

What about the OL and DL depth. Wonder what contingency we have lined up in free agency. Daryl Williams would sort out the right hand side of the OL if needs be.

True. I'd like Zach Thom or Cam Jurgens but a lot of other viable good options too.

21 minutes ago, sebestian said:

If we had an idea that Payne may go why not resign Settle and look to move Payne in the draft?

I think they were dead set on keeping Payne until the Carson Wentz trade wiped out their cap space.  And by that point we had already lost Settle and Io.

They reversed course after the Wentz deal, and it puts us in a bind.

I think we are making a mistake in letting Payne go and keeping Sweat. Sweat is older, going to be more expensive, has an injury history, and he's not as good or clean nosed as Daron is.  And you can also probably get more back in a trade for Sweat than Payne.

I am also concerned that losing Payne will crater our run defense, again, and it is very hard to win a championship with a lousy run defense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Walker is second on the list. 

Sorry for the confusion, by “most tempting” list, I was talking about this part of your post - “Most tempting for me right now are Booth, McCreary, Gordon, Harris, Hall... Not in any order. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

I know many in here are screaming massive reach and as much as I don’t like him Peter King usually has a good idea on what’s going on around the league and this was his first round mock 4 days ago. 

E81505CF-EC5F-4703-9E3A-DF55CBD7A201.png

On the other hand, the Packers don't need another Randall Cobb.  They already have Randall Cobb for that.  And Amari Rodgers.  They need boundary receivers.  Having the Packers trade up to draft the wrong type of receiver tells me that King doesn't really know what's up.

16 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Seems like we're always behind the eight ball.

We trade down in one of the worst years to trade down as far as value goes. (no QBs to trade up for) The draft value charts say that moving from 11-16 should net you more then what we got. (a very late 3rd and 4th)

Apparently we fleeced the Saints if you are to believe the modeling at least ...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I think we are making a mistake in letting Payne go and keeping Sweat. Sweat is older, going to be more expensive, has an injury history, and he's not as good or clean nosed as Daron is.  And you can also probably get more back in a trade for Sweat than Payne.

I think paying 40 plus mil a year to DTs would be a significantly bigger mistake. Ive been moving toward honestly just paying 2 across the line instead of 3. Chase and Allen 

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

On the other hand, the Packers don't need another Randall Cobb.  They already have Randall Cobb for that.  And Amari Rodgers.  They need boundary receivers.  Having the Packers trade up to draft the wrong type of receiver tells me that King doesn't really know what's up.

well considering the real randall cobb is 31 and a shell of the player he used to be. and like someone said upthread Rodgers said Gb had 1st round grades on six WRS and if they were gone they were going defense, and the fact that AZ traded for Marquise Brown immediately after our pick and their gm said they had deal in place but were waiting to see how board fell before pulling the trigger. he would not have made it past 23 at the latest.

• Like 1

Logan Thomas said he isn't rushing back, but thinks he'll be ready for Week 1. That would be a huge boost if true. He might want to be eased in though so I still think adding a TE would be a smart move. I am still bullish on Bates and Reyes, but I think adding a potential long-term TE1 would be a good move.

Of the TEs mentioned I really liked McBride, Kolar ... Rucker ... I have my eyes on Wydermeyer though. We brought him in for a Top 30 visit and he probably has the most potential upside and I don't know if we'll see him go before the 5th round.

6 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I am also concerned that losing Payne will crater our run defense, again, and it is very hard to win a championship with a lousy run defense.

Theres actually no correlation to playoff success and Run defense. Advance stats have pointed out that if you want to get a better run defense the best way to do that is to get a better scoring offense. The more you score the less teams run against you. 

• Like 2

13. Jaquan Brisker, S, Penn St., Sr.
Brisker is a polished, physical playmaker with few holes in his game.

I like his tape.  The community seems down on him.  He seems right in that 47 range for value.  Plus he went to Penn St, Dotson and Brisker, barristers and solicitors.

2 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Theres actually no correlation to playoff success and Run defense. Advance stats have pointed out that if you want to get a better run defense the best way to do that is to get a better scoring offense. The more you score the less teams run against you. 

You can have a defense that is good against the run and have an offense that scores points. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Logan Thomas said he isn't rushing back, but thinks he'll be ready for Week 1. That would be a huge boost if true. He might want to be eased in though so I still think adding a TE would be a smart move. I am still bullish on Bates and Reyes, but I think adding a potential long-term TE1 would be a good move.

Of the TEs mentioned I really liked McBride, Kolar ... Rucker ... I have my eyes on Wydermeyer though. We brought him in for a Top 30 visit and he probably has the most potential upside and I don't know if we'll see him go before the 5th round.

What do you think of Jelani Woods? I think he has great potential.

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Apparently we fleeced the Saints if you are to believe the modeling at least ...

Maybe we did, the value charts are just speculative. I just googled whatever and used the first one. 

To my eye though....  1795pts - 1595pts is not that large a difference between 11th and 16th pick.

Walter football has it at 1250 vs 1000 and the 98/120 picks being worth 162 points. 

Still feel like we didn't get that much. 

Its all moot if we draft a good player in the next 2 days. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

You can have a defense that is good against the run and have an offense that scores points. 

Its def not an either or. But the best way to build your team is great QB that can score points with a defense that produces turnovers. You want to create enough of a speed bump with your defense for your offense to carry you. Its just too hard to consistently keep a defense good year after year as it takes significantly more personnel to keep them great. Costing you against the cap that should be going to your offense. 

What eventually happens with the elite defense is they are paid too much and hurts the offense and youre stuck in that good team spot thats in the playoffs but is consistently getting beat by teams with better QBs. 

• Like 1

Just now, sebestian said:

@KDawg  What do you think about Booth from Clemson.  I like him a lot.

Mostly a zone corner but physical and nasty. I don't know what we're planning to do scheme wise, but if it's zone he's among the top of my list for wants.

I just don't know how much we're going to play zone. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sebestian said:

13. Jaquan Brisker, S, Penn St., Sr.
Brisker is a polished, physical playmaker with few holes in his game.

I like his tape.  The community seems down on him.  He seems right in that 47 range for value.  Plus he went to Penn St, Dotson and Brisker, barristers and solicitors.

I wouldnt mind Brisker at all if both McCreary and Booth are gone when we pick. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I liked Hamilton have to think Front offices did not or they would have picked him.

They may have liked him. And thought there was a chance he would fall to 16. But they clearly didnt like him enough to turn down an extra 3rd and 4th.

• Thumb up 1

Thinking about it more...  we should always swing for the fences on a ~top 10 pick. I just feel like RR is panicking or just looks like its amateur hour. Panicking giving up quite a bit for Wentz with obvious red flags. Commit to trading back to pass on a consensus BPA and position of need at 11 for 2 4th rounders and then rethink trading back more on a day of many trade backs, so we panic again and reach on Doc to get our guy and push even farther all in Wentz by going after a WR for him. Seeing Baltimore with a proven GM moving up to get the guy we didn't want puts our move on the hot seat. It's almost like character guys are more important than elite players; maybe too much focus on building culture? 

The fact that we brought in Wentz points to us needing a QB. But if we draft one as insurance, Wentz will be looking over his shoulder being insecure and start questioning our faith in him aka Aaron Rodgers syndrome. I want a QB drafted dammit. Stop trading down and peddle picks to move up. But not for a LS again.

Big Picture/TLDR: Yay we got a late first rounder with 11OA.

Edited by RandyHolt