Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

I ended up liking this TE class more than I thought I would.  Likely and Otton look like special route runners with unusually good movement skills.  Kolar is a nice all around player.  Woods is huge and fast.  The H-Back from Maryland can fly and even has interesting utility as a runner.  Dulchich is a big rumbler who has some open field speed.  Could always take a late flier on Wydermeyer to see if he can regain his early form too.  This is a solid group with a lot of good players who end up going 101-200.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I ended up liking this TE class more than I thought I would.  Likely and Otton look like special route runners with unusually good movement skills.  Kolar is a nice all around player.  Woods is huge and fast.  The H-Back from Maryland can fly and even has interesting utility as a runner.  Dulchich is a big rumbler who has some open field speed.  Could always take a late flier on Wydermeyer to see if he can regain his early form too.  This is a solid group with a lot of good players who end up going 101-200.

Wydermyer’s workout reminds me of Jachai Polite. 

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think it means a lot of Commander fans MIGHT be very happy or a majority will be.  I know I will be.  :)  On a more serious side, USC colors are similar to what he is wearing.  

Edited by RWJ

25 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I've just been burned too much by zone corners.  That's why I have him and Booth and Gordon way lower than the draftnik consensus for each of them.  Perhaps McDuffie can play man at a high level, but his film has no evidence of that.  Conversely, corners that show off good man skills pretty much translate to any team, which is why I think McCreary has a chance to be excellent.

I am a big McCreary fan.  We play mostly zone so McDuffie IMO would be fine here.  I suspect he ends up an Eagle though. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Me too, no one killer.  But a lot of B-C plus level players IMO. Likely's pedstrian combine turned me off to him some considering he's an F TE.  

Otton is well rounded.  Kolar, too. Dulchich and his catch radius IMO is tailor made for Wentz.  I like McBride.  Ruckert has potential.  I like Woods' upside.  Ferguson IMo is really solid.  Fitzpatrick can really block and looks to have some athleticism.   Later rounds as for F type TEs, I like Turner and Prince.  Okonkwo has some potential as an F.  Among other things. 

@TK you on draft days you tend to have some tidbits, anything you heard?

Edited by Skinsinparadise

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am a big McCreary fan.  We play mostly zone so McDuffie IMO would be fine here.  I suspect he ends up an Eagle though. 

Watched tape on McDuffie and he's a good CB.  Very solid.  Can lay a wallop for a smaller compact CB too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Did you ever look at Sam Okuayinonu.  He is wasn't amazing or anything, but in a draft with a weak IDL, I thought he was a solid player for Maryland and could be a 6th or 7th round guy.

Edited by philibusters

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

@TK you on draft days you tend to have some tidbits, anything you heard?

Not much. Just one name a few days ago... And that depends on the medical. And if the medical is good, I don't expect him to be there at 11. 

• Like 5

So my one homer pick (I always have one Penn State guy each year) this year is Brandon Smith if he falls to us in the 4th round.  Guy is a human missile at linebacker but he needs to learn to play under control, too many missed tackles where he got sidestepped and went flying by the ball carrier.

I suppose a nice consolation prize would be Jahan Dotson if he falls to us in the 2nd, but I'm expecting WR in the 1st round at this point.

as others have said, every year we have such great draft threads and much of the credit goes to the dependable handful of longtime stalwarts who bring top tier content that would be admired in many a professional setting.  thank you guys for all you do.

while i haven't been participating, i have been reading the 3-4 top threads daily the last couple weeks and you have provided a great service (most of you anyway😜)

i will be watching the draft where i won't be able to post much or read the board in real time, but i'm with ya'll on the edge of my seat. :) 

• Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1