Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I like Haskins and Robinson a lot. I don't know if they will be available at our 4th rounder but if they are I wouldn't hesitate. 

They would both be nice fits for us. I like Robinson a little more but Haskins brings ST talent to the table with the offensive talent. 

Would be sweet to grab one of these guys and a TE in the mid rounds

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The owner would be an idiot to let Rhule trade any asset to get a QB that has a high chance of busting out once Rhule is fired.

I'm not familiar with their FO set up and don't know if the GM is on the hot seat or not, but you are absolutely correct

• Like 1

Tyler Allgeier.    Sick stats 1611 yards.  6 YPC.  23 TDs.  200 receiving yards.  Big dude about 220 pounds.  Runs a 4.6 which is fast enough.  If I had a criticism as for a fit, he strikes me more potentially he's at his best as a one cut wide zone runner even though he's a big dude so in that sense he reminds me of Gibson even though in other ways they are different type of backs.

I mostly like what I see.  He IMO isn't a star but could be a good complementary back.   He can be inconsistent.  You can watch for a bit and think "meh" and then bam he gets on a roll and is a fun watch.   I think he's at his best when he just does one cut and takes off.  It feels to me that he needs to pick his lane and decide what type of runner he wants to be.  Feels to me that he switches it up too much.  It's like he wants to be Barry Sanders at times in the backfield but he doesn't have the moves to be that guy.   Just pick a lane-take the cut and take off and blow up tacklers who try to stop you -- IMO that's his super power if he fully embraces it.

Pros

Can power his way to some yards, some really fun runs when they need short yarage

Can get skinny in the hiole

Good contact balance, decent spin move

I wouldn't call him a breakaway type runner but for a big dude he's not bad on that front, he has twenty 15 yard plus runs

Decent pass blocker -- he whiffs sometimes and loses contain fast but he seems a willingly blocker who has potential

i like him as a pass catcher. 

Cons

Runs upright too much making him an easy target to be tackled.  Sometimes he doesn't and when he gets low he comes off much more dangerous

Dances a bit too much sometimes when he gets the ball -- and the get off isn't always quick -- he's going to get stuffed in the NFL for no gains or losses on some of those dances IMO

Fumbles:  He has 4.  granted with almost 300 carries but still too many.  

He has some explosion to his game but I wouldn't call him an explosive homerun type hitter

36 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Carolina is doing what we did with Haskins and it's a mistake.

If Rhule is basically gone no matter what, drafting a QB early isn't going to save him. It's just making the NFL transition harder on the QB.

Now, Haskins also hurt himself... but the team/franchise did him no favors drafting him to a lame duck HC that everyone knew was as good as gone.

Carolina should have fired Rhule if they want to go QB. 

There might be a main difference though which is supposedly Rhule likes Pickett.

As we know, the wild thing with Jay and Haskins was supposedly neither Jay or the scouts had Haskins rated highly -- but the owner fell in love with Haskins and foisted him on them.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Tyler Allgeier.    Sick stats 1611 yards.  6 YPC.  23 TDs.  200 receiving yards.  Big dude about 220 pounds.  Runs a 4.6 which is fast enough.  If I had a criticism as for a fit, he strikes me more potentially he's at his best as a one cut wide zone runner even though he's a big dude so in that sense he reminds me of Gibson even though in other ways they are different type of backs.

I mostly like what I see.  He IMO isn't a star but could be a good complementary back.   He can be inconsistent.  You can watch for a bit and think "meh" and then bam he gets on a roll and is a fun watch.   I think he's at his best when he just does one cut and takes off.  It feels to me that he needs to pick his lane and decide what type of runner he wants to be.  Feels to me that he switches it up too much.  It's like he wants to be Barry Sanders at times in the backfield but he doesn't have the moves to be that guy.   Just pick a lane-take the cut and take off and blow up tacklers who try to stop you -- IMO that's his super power if he fully embraces it.

Pros

Can power his way to some yards, some really fun runs when they need short yarage

I wouldn't call him a breakaway type runner but for a big dude he's not bad on that front, he has twenty 15 yard plus runs

Decent pass blocker -- he whiffs sometimes and loses contain fast but he seems a willingly blocker who has potential

Cons

Runs upright too much making him an easy target to be tackled.  Sometimes he doesn't and when he gets low he comes off much more dangerous

Dances a bit too much sometimes when he gets the ball -- and the get off isn't always quick -- he's going to get stuffed in the NFL for no gains or losses on some of those dances IMO

He has some explosion to his game but I wouldn't call him an explosive homerun type hitter

There might be a main difference though which is supposedly Rhule likes Pickett.

As we know, the wild thing with Jay and Haskins was supposedly neither Jay or the scouts had Haskins rated highly -- but the owner fell in love with Haskins and foisted him on them.

That difference doesn't matter if Rhule is canned.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I think it's more important than a 4-3 middle because of how low a % of plays we spend in the 4-3 due to 10 personnel being a major thing. And when they are in 11 a lot of teams have TEs that are more like big receivers that can move and you don't want matched with a bigger Mike type. 

KDawg (or anyone) could you explain ten and eleven personnel please? In soccer that would mean someone had been sent off but I'm sure that's not the meaning in this case!

Just now, UK Skins said:

KDawg (or anyone) could you explain ten and eleven personnel please? In soccer that would mean someone had been sent off but I'm sure that's not the meaning in this case!

There are 11 players on the field (as you know)

1 is the QB

5 are the linemen.

The personnel numbers account for the rest of the players.

The first digit is the # of backs

The second digit is the # of tight ends

So 10 is 1 back, 5 linemen and 1 QB. That adds to 7. That means there are 4 players unaccounted for. And those are the receivers.

11 is 1 back, 1 tight end, 5 linemen and 1 QB. That adds to 8. That means there are 3 receivers.

21 is 2 backs, 1 tight end, 5 linemen and 1 QB. That adds to 9. That means there are 2 receivers.

Does that make sense?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm not familiar with their FO set up and don't know if the GM is on the hot seat or not, but you are absolutely correct

Carolina just hired their new GM in January 2021 (Scott Fitterer who came from Seattle).  Doubt Tepper cans him in addition to Rhule (whom could be fired).  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think I have Wilson to the Jets.

Not sure where Olave goes, but his ability to find space makes him a candidate to go somewhere in that 6-12 range.

I can see it for sure. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Not sure where Olave goes, but his ability to find space makes him a candidate to go somewhere in that 6-12 range.

I can see it for sure. 

Jets definitely go WR. Do Atlanta ? I could see them taking your guy to get the big bodied physical receiver they had for so many years. Olave at #11.....that’s borderline value for me but very possible.

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Jets definitely go WR. Do Atlanta ? I could see them taking your guy to get the big bodied physical receiver they had for so many years. Olave at #11.....that’s borderline value for me but very possible.

I think Atlanta is a virtual lock to go Willis or a tackle. 

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I can see it for sure. 

Yep, been on these two for a while now.  I was thinking Wilson goes first and then Olave would fall too us at #11.  If both are gone, then if WR in the 1st next up is London but Pierce is interesting too.  He may be a target so hard to say right now.  

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Yep, been on these two for a while now.  I was thinking Wilson goes first and then Olave would fall too us at #11.  If both are gone, then if WR in the 1st next up is London but Pierce is interesting too.  He may be a target so hard to say right now.  

I still say London is our best route. Olave doesn't fit what we need and skill wise I have London as a better overall receiver. But Olave offers speed, athleticism and an ability to find open windows in coverage that he seems to be on an island by himself in this class on.

• Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

I think Atlanta is a virtual lock to go Willis or a tackle. 

Well I’ve had them on Willis for quite a while. He’s from the area too I believe. It seems a fit especially behind their new QB.

However I can also see him going #2 so I’m not sure.....

Atlanta is the swing pick in this draft. Meaning they can literally draft ANY position(except TE) and it would fill a need for them and could alter how the rest of the draft plays out. Personally I think Drake London is a good fit for them. They have no WR worth a damn and he fits that big bodied receiver that Arthur Smith's offense needs(AJ Brown in Tennessee, Calvin Ridley last year). 

NY Jets will definitely take a WR with one of their two 1sts. I have them taking Garret Wilson since they need a speed guy and were in the market for Tyreek Hill. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Atlanta is the swing pick in this draft. Meaning they can literally draft ANY position(except TE) and it would fill a need for them and could alter how the rest of the draft plays out. Personally I think Drake London is a good fit for them. They have no WR worth a damn and he fits that big bodied receiver that Arthur Smith's offense needs(AJ Brown in Tennessee, Calvin Ridley last year). 

NY Jets will definitely take a WR with one of their two 1sts. I have them taking Garret Wilson since they need a speed guy and were in the market for Tyreek Hill. 

The Jets are a sneaky team to over draft Calvin Austin III as well. If I were in the market for a quick twitch speed guy he may be at the top of my board. I think he is vastly underrated.

I think he'd even fit with us, though not as well as London's style. 

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

They can't move up without 2/3/4 this year, unless they pay a ridiculous amount. Rhule is getting canned midseason most likely, so I doubt he cares about future picks, but at 6 they get either Pickett or Willis, so they're fine where they're at.

I have a really hard time seeing Willis as the pick. IMO any team that picks him has to do so with the assumption that he probably won't play until 2023. That's not exactly ideal for a HC who may be in danger of getting fired soon. They'd need a guy who can come in and start soon, and that's probably Pickett.

I could see Atlanta possibly taking a chance with Willis since they have Mariota for now. I still think #2 is way too high for him, but I suppose the Lions are possible. I think it's more likely that they use #2 on an impact player at another position and then use their other 1st for a QB...maybe move up for one.

12 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

It's eerie how much Olave reminds me of McLaurin.  It'd be like drafting his clone.

They are very good friends too.  I've said before I know Terry is screaming in RR's ear to draft him if he can.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Pros

Cons

To me, plays MUCH faster than his workout 40 time.

14 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

It's eerie how much Olave reminds me of McLaurin.  It'd be like drafting his clone.

Having 2 Terrys would be great. Especially with the work ethic he has and how much they'd want to constantly work together to improve and most likely play unselfish ball.

Would really open it up for Samuels and Brown, as well. Gibson and McKissic, too.

With the Allen/Payne brotherhood, be cool to have that on offense, too.

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I have a really hard time seeing Willis as the pick. IMO any team that picks him has to do so with the assumption that he probably won't play until 2023. That's not exactly ideal for a HC who may be in danger of getting fired soon. They'd need a guy who can come in and start soon, and that's probably Pickett.

I could see Atlanta possibly taking a chance with Willis since they have Mariota for now. I still think #2 is way too high for him, but I suppose the Lions are possible. I think it's more likely that they use #2 on an impact player at another position and then use their other 1st for a QB...maybe move up for one.

Unless they hit some RG3 magic like we did. I don't think Rhule is able to do what the Shannys did, but adding a raw, but exciting QB like Willis should definitely buy him some time as coach, unless he falls flat and has a year like Fields last year.

• Like 1

This is a fun little highlight video for a small program sixth or seventh round RB prospect with a great name:

He's got some wiggle and a little bit of open field speed to go with that super low center of gravity.  Had almost 4000 yards in three seasons and UTSA apparently went 12-1 last season and got ranked top 25 at least at one point during the year.

I think he is draftable and would be a good fit as a rotation back in a zone scheme.  Seems like another Elijah Mitchell type of kid that the 49ers find at the end of the draft that ends up rushing for 900 yards in a season for them.

• Like 2