Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

11 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am trying to figure out who do I like more Garrett Wilson, Drake London, Treylon Burks.  Love all three for different reasons.  I lean towards Wilson.

Garrett Wilson reminds me as a cross between Odell and Devonte Smith.  Some say Diggs, I get that too.  But its not by a big margin.  Love Drake and Treylon, too.  Too bad J.  Williams has that ACL because I also love his match to Carson's big arm.

Like Fitz, Wentz seems to prefer big targets and his sweet spot according to PFF are intermediate throws in between the numbers and deep posts.

Wilson plays bigger than his size.  But wonder if Drake in particular is the best fit to a dude who likes big targets and tends to make risky throws?  I like Drake more on 50-50 balls while like Burks better as for YAC.

I would love for Washington to trade down far enough to get a third-round pick back.  Then, if available, Jameson Williams is the player I prefer because he is the most explosive receiver in this draft.  He destroyed Georgia's historic defense in the five quarters of football he played against them this past season.  He had 7 catches for 184 and 2 TDs in the first game.  And he had 4 catches for 65 yards before he left early in the second quarter in the second game.  IMO, Alabama wins that game if Williams doesn't get hurt.

His ACL injury does give me some pause because it was a non-contact injury.  Is it the prelude to an injury-plagued career?  Drake London would be my second choice if available.  Terry McLaurin and either of those two WRs would be a nightmare for opposing defenses.

• Like 2

Devin Lloyd looks great on tape, and I love his leadership and physicality, but isnt anyone concerned that this could play out exactly like the jamin Davis pick last year: we speculate he could play MLB, but it's possible his best fit is at OLB?   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Consigliere said:

Much prefer Hall to Walker. Hall’s a little younger and showed the ability to play 3 downs w/his pass catching game. Maybe Walker has hidden pass catching chops, that happens, but we haven’t seen it. Burks and Wilson are my favs but I like Deake fine as well. Olave is the guy who scares me most.

I like Burks as well. I want one of those bigger body guys.

I’m not enamored with any of the backs I’ve seen. Walker seems like a better runner but Hall more all around. Not sure what would be the play if they’re both there and that’s the direction.

36 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Devin Lloyd looks great on tape, and I love his leadership and physicality, but isnt anyone concerned that this could play out exactly like the jamin Davis pick last year: we speculate he could play MLB, but it's possible his best fit is at OLB?   

I would not draft him if that is the case.  I thinking back to when they got J, Taylor and then we switched him to weak side DE yo rush passer after all those years as a sytong DE, and this is a veteran.  Thanks for the post, accurate and significant.

Alabama LB Christian Harris

Maybe the best true middle linebacker in the draft, Christian Harris did nothing to arise questions about the kind of athlete he is. He is shorter and lighter than most linebacker prospects, but he more than makes up for it with his speed, recording the second-best 40-yard dash times and one of the best 10-yard splits. Add in the second-best broad jump of all linebackers and the productive Harris had a terrific week of testing. 

Ok, there is also Muma and Penn St mike lb.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

Lloyd was an inside linebacker in college and has a lot more experience than Davis did.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Lloyd was an inside linebacker in college and has a lot more experience than Davis did.

If they strike out on MLB in FA and decide to get one in the 1st round, Lloyd is the guy!

I get the feeling we end out with an Anthony Walker type.

I still really like Muma in the 2nd

2 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

If they strike out on MLB in FA and decide to get one in the 1st round, Lloyd is the guy!

I get the feeling we end out with an Anthony Walker type.

I still really like Muma in the 2nd

I think is we strike out in FA in general, we should be moving back from #11. I think the odds of getting an excellent LB prospect are high in this draft through the first couple of rounds. Lower tier vet ( I’m going for Carter ) plus a rookie.

43 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I think is we strike out in FA in general, we should be moving back from #11. I think the odds of getting an excellent LB prospect are high in this draft through the first couple of rounds. Lower tier vet ( I’m going for Carter ) plus a rookie.

DO you think they would go that way with Mayo already signed. That would make 3 potential MLB's ( I am assuming Carter is a MLB, not too familiar) 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Draft network has Devin Lloyd as an OLB in a 4-3.  I'm not saying that I know Lloyd can't be a MLB, but if there is any uncertainty if he can play MLB in the NFL, it would be hard to take that risk with our first rounder 2 years in a row.

10 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

DO you think they would go that way with Mayo already signed. That would make 3 potential MLB's ( I am assuming Carter is a MLB, not too familiar) 

Not sure but I think we are very thin at LB. Adding 2 if possible would be my thinking.

• Like 1

Chris Olave
WR Ohio State

Chad Muma
LB Wyoming
Trey McBride
TE Colorado State
Coby Bryant
CB Cincinnati
Brian Robinson Jr.
RB Alabama
Marcus Jones
CB Houston
Jean Delance
OT Florida
Jack Coan
QB Notre Dame

Seems like a trade into the 20s would give us the flexibility we need 
Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like 1

If we are able to sign M. Williams please please!!!!!!

This is my draft.  Explanation for Linderbaum selection.  We need a OG, Roulier I love at centre but he can play guard as well, so we could essentially solve to problems with one move.  If this guys is as good as they say, he is the man.  

C. Harris is a true Mike LB, and can be had in the second round.  Alabama alum, always a good thing.

You can never have enough cornerbacks.  Comp for St. Juste (who I like), and this guy has a good rating.

No WR until I get my fav player Watkins. Big bodied receiver with elite speed.  Carson helped recruit him to NDSU, just a fine prospect.

Address potential loss of JD with pick of Williams.  Going with my gut, I like the tape.

JT Woods nice safety prospect to replace unfortunate loss of Everett.  4.36 40 yd dash.  Good on teams as well.

CJ Wright.  T. Settle or Matt I if they bolt or get released, prospect to fill in.  Coach him up.

A. Hansford flyer with some upside.

Again contingent on us getting M Williams signed up.  Come on RR, MM, MH, get er done.

925685822_pff_mock_results(4).thumb.png.68052445e1f223e995487cc835e6658a.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sebestian said:

If we are able to sign M. Williams please please!!!!!!

This is my draft.  Explanation for Linderbaum selection.  We need a OG, Roulier I love at centre but he can play guard as well, so we could essentially solve to problems with one move.  If this guys is as good as they say, he is the man.  

C. Harris is a true Mike LB, and can be had in the second round.  Alabama alum, always a good thing.

You can never have enough cornerbacks.  Comp for St. Juste (who I like), and this guy has a good rating.

No WR until I get my fav player Watkins. Big bodied receiver with elite speed.  Carson helped recruit him to NDSU, just a fine prospect.

Address potential loss of JD with pick of Williams.  Going with my gut, I like the tape.

JT Woods nice safety prospect to replace unfortunate loss of Everett.  4.36 40 yd dash.  Good on teams as well.

CJ Wright.  T. Settle or Matt I if they bolt or get released, prospect to fill in.  Coach him up.

A. Hansford flyer with some upside.

Again contingent on us getting M Williams signed up.  Come on RR, MM, MH, get er done.

Love this draft except for K Williams, I'm trying to get James Cook. I watched Williams in High School (st Louis kid) he won state championship for a local highschool and my buddy's kid was on the team... anyway, man he was flippant with the ball in his hands, fumbled twice that I remember. I'll take a RB that played tougher competition in college. To my untrained eye, he wasnt anything special. 

• Like 1

first, lemme apologize in advance 😁---while i'm trying to catch up with many pages in several hot threads from just the last day and a half i haven't gone that far back in this one and i know that this has likely been dealt with in here long ago

but i want to ask: without my making the case for it in this post, is there anyone  that doesn't think it would be stupid to consider taking breece hall (given our current qb room), if he falls to 11 and we haven't traded down? playing with the idea and i kinda like it 🤓

i can handle the ridicule :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Love this draft except for K Williams, I'm trying to get James Cook. I watched Williams in High School (st Louis kid) he won state championship for a local highschool and my buddy's kid was on the team... anyway, man he was flippant with the ball in his hands, fumbled twice that I remember. I'll take a RB that played tougher competition in college. To my untrained eye, he wasnt anything special. 

I could not pick Cook, but I like him as well.  He was the best avail at that pick.  Williams that is.

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

first, lemme apologize in advance 😁---while i'm trying to catch up with many pages in several hot threads from just the last day and a half i haven't gone that far back in this one and i know that this has likely been dealt with in here long ago

but i want to ask: without my making the case for it in this post, is there anyone  that doesn't think it would be stupid to consider taking breece hall (given our current qb room), if he falls to 11 and we haven't traded down? playing with the idea and i kinda like it 🤓

i can handle the ridicule :D

I really like Breece Hall and I think he'll be a good NFL RB, but I think 11 would be too early for him, given positional value and what other top players at other positions are likely to be there. I'd absolutely love him in the 2nd though. 

• Like 1