Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sticking with my big men theme for the Jets, Van Ness and Campbell with the previous picks and yeah I know Becton has given them issues with his weight. 

But YOLO since IMO they need a RT and he's a player I like a lot. 

With pick #43, Jets select Dawand Jones

Thank you for ending his painful slide.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

One of my favs on the draft thread for a long-time, I thought he'd last longer here but in real life on draft day he'd be right around this spot, early 2nd, after he killed the combine.

Yeah, he'll be a top 50 pick for sure.

The Saints have shockingly few weaknesses in their starting line up, particularly on offense.  But corner was one IMO.  Paulson Adebo sucks and Alontae Taylor was a second round reach last year.  DJ Turner was best corner available IMO.  I like Dawand Jones and Anton Harrison more than Turner, but the Saints have four first round picks and a second round pick starting on their OL.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Yeah, he'll be a top 50 pick for sure.

The Saints have shockingly few weaknesses in their starting line up, particularly on offense.  But corner was one IMO.  Paulson Adebo sucks and Alontae Taylor was a second round reach last year.  DJ Turner was best corner available IMO.  I like Dawand Jones and Anton Harrison more than Turner, but the Saints have four first round picks and a second round pick starting on their OL.

I knew you liked Dawand but the Saints don't really need a tackle.  Corner made sense. 

I've done the Dolphins in the mock drafts here for years, this is the best roster they've had in all that time, not a ton of weaknesses either.  But alas, they don't have many picks, neither do the Jets who i am picking for.    Basically the two teams combined are the equivalent of slightly more than what one team typically has. 

I guess the highlight for the Jets is having 2 back to back picks in the 2nd.  But I gather that's soon going away with the impending Aaron Rodgers deal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I knew you liked Dawand but the Saints don't really need a tackle.  Corner made sense. 

I've done the Dolphins in the mock drafts here for years, this is the best roster they've had in all that time, not a ton of weaknesses either.  But alas, they don't have many picks, neither do the Jets who i am picking for.    Basically the two teams combined are the equivalent of slightly more than what one team typically has. 

I guess the highlight for the Jets is having 2 back to back picks in the 2nd.  But I gather that's soon going away with the impending Aaron Rodgers deal. 

I actually wanted to trade up for one of your Jets picks with Jacksonville to draft Dawand, but I couldn't figure out the math to make it work.  And the Jags have two somewhat recent second round picks at OT, and even though I think Walker Little was an awful reach and he can't play, they kind of have to give it a shot with him.  So I was locked out of the Dawand Jones market with these two teams.

43 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

With the 41st pick in 2023 ES mock draft, the LA Rams select 

Anton Harrisson, Tackle, Oklahoma

This is one of my favorite picks of the mock draft so far, and one of the biggest value picks along with the Dawand Jones and Calijah Kancey picks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I actually wanted to trade up for one of your Jets picks with Jacksonville to draft Dawand, but I couldn't figure out the math to make it work.  And the Jags have two somewhat recent second round picks at OT, and even though I think Walker Little was an awful reach and he can't play, they kind of have to give it a shot with him.  So I was locked out of the Dawand Jones market with these two teams.

Well for both the Jets and Dolphins I am willing to trade probably goinng forward depending on who is on the board and what the deal is, both teams desperate for picks. 

With the 44th pick in the 2023 ES Mock Draft - the Atlanta Falcons select Matthew Bergeron OT, Syracuse

image.png.f45ad87673e6a2c886201d065bd1b7c3.png

@PokerPacker and the packers on the clock

@Gallen5862 and the Panthers soon

@COWBOY-KILLA- and the Commanders soon

@Ball Security and the Lions soon

@Redskins Reparations and the Steelers soon

@KillBill26 and the Bucs soon

@Skinsinparadise and the Dolphins soon

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Hmm..  Lost some momentum. 

PM sent to @PokerPacker          Sunday night so maybe spending some family time. 

@PokerPacker and the packers on the clock

@Gallen5862 and the Panthers soon

@COWBOY-KILLA- and the Commanders soon

@Ball Security and the Lions soon

@Redskins Reparations and the Steelers soon

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gallen5862 said:

The Carolina Panthers are here. I will check the draft board!

Waiting on the Pack!  You are after. But you can send a short list if you like.

Others also please send short lists if you can. 

• Thumb up 1

With the 45th pick of the 2023 ES Mock Draft, the Green Bay Packers select
Will McDonald IV, EDGE, Iowa State
https://dbukjj6eu5tsf.cloudfront.net/sidearm.sites/isuni.sidearmsports.com/images/2021/1/7/McDonald_WillUOFB20_7.jpg
Packers could use a rotational edge rusher to spell Preston Smith and Rashan Gary, not to mention Gary coming off of a season-ending ACL injury.  McDonald projects to more of a 3-4 OLB than the down-lineman position he was forced into in college.  Could probably stand to put on a couple pounds, but it won't be as big of a deal at linebacker as it was playing 5-technique in the 3-3-5 in college.  Should provide solid value being available midway through the 2nd round.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

With Pick #46 acquired from the new England Patriots the Carolina panthers select  Adetomiwa Adebawore. DE Northwestern. 

The Carolina Panthers decide to add to their Defensive Line. He was a projected Late first rounder or Early Second Rounder. 

• Thumb up 1

With the 47th pick in the 2023 ES Mock, the Washington Commanders select Cody Mauch OT North Dakota St

Mauch is one of the most athletic tackles in the class. He flies across the field in the run game, where he earned a 90.1 grade this past fall. His pass protection technique is still a work in progress, however, and a move inside could be in his future. 

Mauch was a second-team Associated Press All-American and a first-team all-conference pick in 2021, starting all 15 games at left tackle as the team again took the FCS title. The AP voted him a first-team All-American in 2022, as did the MVFC coaches, as he started all 15 games at left tackle

Mauch’s two front teeth are missing (they were knocked out during a junior high basketball game) and he wears a big mop of shoulder-length red hair, so you get the sense you are about to watch a hockey player on turf when you turn on the game tape. As expected, Mauch is a rugged player with an attacking demeanor who does his most consistent work as a drive blocker in the run game. Inconsistent footwork in pass protection and below average arm length could foreshadow a move inside to guard, where he is capable of competing for a starting job as a scheme-versatile tough guy.

jkopp_final_DSC_4611-1_maxWidth_1000_maxHeight_700_ppi_72.jpeg

@Ball Security and the Lions on the clock

@Redskins Reparations and the Steelers on deck

@woodpecker and the Seahawks soon

@clskinsfan and the bears soon

@KDawg and the chargers soon

@Ball Security and the lions soon

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

With the 47th pick in the 2023 ES Mock, the Washington Commanders select Cody Mauch OT North Dakota St

Mauch is one of the most athletic tackles in the class. He flies across the field in the run game, where he earned a 90.1 grade this past fall. His pass protection technique is still a work in progress, however, and a move inside could be in his future. 

Mauch was a second-team Associated Press All-American and a first-team all-conference pick in 2021, starting all 15 games at left tackle as the team again took the FCS title. The AP voted him a first-team All-American in 2022, as did the MVFC coaches, as he started all 15 games at left tackle

Mauch’s two front teeth are missing (they were knocked out during a junior high basketball game) and he wears a big mop of shoulder-length red hair, so you get the sense you are about to watch a hockey player on turf when you turn on the game tape. As expected, Mauch is a rugged player with an attacking demeanor who does his most consistent work as a drive blocker in the run game. Inconsistent footwork in pass protection and below average arm length could foreshadow a move inside to guard, where he is capable of competing for a starting job as a scheme-versatile tough guy.

jkopp_final_DSC_4611-1_maxWidth_1000_maxHeight_700_ppi_72.jpeg

@Ball Security and the Lions on the clock

@Redskins Reparations and the Steelers on deck

@woodpecker and the Seahawks soon

@clskinsfan and the bears soon

@KDawg and the chargers soon

@Ball Security and the lions soon

Love for the Commanders to end up with him in real life, he was was one of the players I was eyeing with my pick coming up. 

• Like 4