Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

Oh, right, me time.  Packers close out their draft with the selection of
Ronnie Bell, WR, Michigan
I see Bell as a slot-receiver that is a solid route-runner and is a willing blocker in the run game.  Also returns punts, so he'll make for an insurance policy for Nixon.

• Thumb up 1

@actorguy1 and the Colts on the clock

@woodpecker and the Seahawks on deck

@Skinsinparadise and the Dolphins soon!

@KDawg and the Chargers soon!

@Chump Bailey and the Giants soon!

@Redskins Reparations and the steelers on soon

@Epochalypse and the 49ers on soon

@Chump Bailey and the giants on soon

@NYSkins21 and the cowboys on soon

@clskinsfan and the pats on soon

Op updated....Lets keep on pushing, almost there..

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Like 1

Packers draft recap:

• 15 - Michael Mayer, TE
  • 45 - Will McDonald IV, EDGE
  • 78 - Rashee Rice, WR
  • 149 - Ronnie Hickman, S
  • 155 - Byron Young ('Bama), DL
  • 158 - Tanner McKee, QB
  • 164 - Owen Pappoe, LB
  • 170 - Moro Ojomo, DL
  • 232 - Chad Ryland, K
  • 235 - Ronnie Bell, WR

Packers will need some TE talent with their top receiving TE walking, and not bringing back their top blocking TE.  Mayer is a well-rounded TE that should be able to do it all.

Rashan Gary is coming off of a blown ACL, and the Packers could use another edge-rusher to rotate in with him and Smith, anyways.  Getting a guy who can take on that role midway into the 2nd was too good to pass up despite other needs, so I took McDonald here.

Packers need to restock the WR cabinet after letting the rest of their veterans walk this offseason.  Watson and Doubs seem like they'll be a solid 1-2 punch if they can remain healthy.  I wanted to add a couple players to get on the field with them and be dangerous from the slot.  Guys who can provide complementary skill sets and help Watson break free.  Whether it's taking some attention off of him in coverage, or by providing a key block on a jet sweep, I see potential for Rice and Bell to contribute to overall offense's success even when they aren't getting the ball in their hands.

Ronnie Hickman was my consolation prize at Safety after missing out on Jordan Battle in the 3rd round by a couple picks, and then having Jammie Robinson and JL Skinner go before my 4th round pick.  So I traded out of the 4th round to pick up a couple more 5th round picks where I saw a lot of value.  I believe Hickman could compete for playing time here.  Additionally, I took Owen Pappoe at LB with on of my 5th round picks, who is undersized for a LB, but he is more than athletic enough to play Safety, which could make for some interesting uses of him at his size and speed.

On the DL, the Packers let some veterans go, so now they've got their 3 starters (including last year's 1st round pick Wyatt, who didn't get much playing time), and 7th round pick from last year who didn't play as the reserve Nose Tackle.  And that's it.  Byron Young and Moro Ojomo should be capable of rotating in on the line early on.

With Rodgers moving on, and Jordan Love being promoted to starter, the Packers could use a new Clipboard Holder.  The next Matt Flynn.  Tanner McKee can hold a clipboard with the best of them.  I like his arm talent and overall decision-making.

And finally, Mason Crosby has not been re-signed by the Packers.  I liked both Jake Moody and Chad Ryland.  After Moody left the board, I had to pick up Ryland.  He's got a strong leg and has been a reliable, accurate kicker for the last three seasons and has been trusted more than most to try for the long FGs.  He's the type of Kicker you draft rather than waiting for the draft to end and hope he chooses your team.

Overall, I feel pretty good with how well I covered the Packers' needs in this draft, especially considering I didn't get an Aaron Rodgers picks to work with.  The biggest question mark in terms of needs for me, I think, is Safety, which was deserving of a higher pick given how much of a need it is, but the value just wasn't there for me earlier.  Really, a lot of my draft hinges on how I did in the 5th round, given that's where I took half of my picks.  5th round is not an easy round to hit on.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, woodpecker said:

With pick #237, Seahawks take….. Jadon Haselwood WR Arkansas

image.jpeg.69884b710b1c7ffda5bf0dd56c88bd59.jpeg

image.jpeg.a22cd448447a7bad71398c5edf561f00.jpeg 

That will be the final pick for Seattle. Just wanna say thanks to @COWBOY-KILLA-, @Chump Bailey, and everyone else who helped keep this thing rolling. Hopefully, I didn’t embarrass myself too bad, and will be invited back next year.

I thought you lived up to your namesake.

latest?cb=20170901030755

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

With pick 238, The Dolphins take Evan Hull, RB from Northwestern.

He is one of the best pass catching RBs in this draft, most receptions, most yards, almost zero drops, great hands. 

One of the better athletes in this RB class.  high intangibles.  He had the best game among the backs at the Senior Bowl. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

The Chargers had a dilemma. There was much deliberation and some conversation, but in the end the team decided they wanted someone to push Eason Stick for QB2 and develop.

With the Los Angeles Super Chargers final selection, the Bolts select QB, Shepard…

Tyson Bagent.

• Thumb up 1

50 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The Chargers had a dilemma. There was much deliberation and some conversation, but in the end the team decided they wanted someone to push Eason Stick for QB2 and develop.

With the Los Angeles Super Chargers final selection, the Bolts select QB, Shepard…

Tyson Bagent.

Easton Stick is still around?  I remember drafting him in the mock a few years ago as a late-round flyer.

@NYSkins21 and the cowboys on the clock

@clskinsfan and the pats on deck

@WelshSkinsFan and the bengals on soon

@KillBill26 and the bucs on soon

@ComManDersFan57 and the Eagles on soon

@COWBOY-KILLA- and the chiefs on soon

@COWBOY-KILLA- and the chiefs on soon

@WelshSkinsFan and the rams on soon

@COWBOY-KILLA- and the commanders on soon

@Est.1974 and the vikes on soon

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-