Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

You don't typically expect this kind of honesty from Ron Johnson:

US Sen. Ron Johnson: 'I may not be the best candidate' for 2022

In an interview this week, Johnson, R-Oshkosh, said he “may not be the best candidate” for the 2022 U.S. Senate race, an indication his reelection bid is not exactly preordained despite the fact he raised $1.2 million in the second quarter of the year, more than his Democratic challengers and double his first-quarter take.

Click on the link for the full article

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Just on redistributing alone; they probably lost the house. Senate is where they still have a shot.

Redistricting and voter suppression.  

And that's without into getting into other coup-ready laws they're discussing, like taking elections away from elected county election supervisors, and giving politicians the authority to ignore elections.  

6 hours ago, Larry said:

Redistricting and voter suppression.  

And that's without into getting into other coup-ready laws they're discussing, like taking elections away from elected county election supervisors, and giving politicians the authority to ignore elections.  

In order to keep out democracy; we probably going to have to physically fight for it. Civil War will have to happen when the gop steals the 22 and 24 elections. Arm up and train for war in 24.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 1

Four Senate Republicans wait on reelection bids as majority hangs in balance

Ron Johnson’s got a piece of advice for Republicans who want him to run for reelection: Don’t work with Democrats on “crap” like the bipartisan infrastructure bill.

“I’m dead serious. This is not helpful. If you want to retain a U.S. Senate seat in Republican hands in Wisconsin, you don’t participate in passing Part One of the 'Green New Deal,'” Johnson said in a recent interview. Summing up his mood as he mulls a third term, he added, “I’m not happy.”

Johnson’s decision, in a critical swing state won by President Joe Biden, is one of several inflection points that could reshape the battle for the Senate majority in 2022. In total, five senators haven’t yet made up their minds on whether to retire: four Republicans and just one Democrat, Patrick Leahy of Vermont.

The GOP is already defending five Senate seats opened up by retirements — two in the battlegrounds of Pennsylvania and North Carolina and three in GOP strongholds Ohio, Alabama and Missouri. Although Republicans are increasingly favored to win the House next year, further retirements would undoubtedly complicate their path back to power in the Senate.

Democrats say the hesitation will hurt Republicans next November.

Click on the link for the full article

On 8/11/2021 at 1:13 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

In order to keep out democracy; we probably going to have to physically fight for it. Civil War will have to happen when the gop steals the 22 and 24 elections. Arm up and train for war in 24.

I love comments like this........stop it man! Geez I hope your just kidding.

16 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Actually, things like the Flint water crisis would absolutely cause war in the streets of Atlanta...think of any large city with a "bunch of stuff" going on (racial injustice, voter suppression, deteriorating infrastructure).  Pile on the Republican agenda, and it's a grenade with the pin already pulled. 

Just sayin, I could see the possibility. 

I didn't say I see it as a probability. 

2 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Actually, things like the Flint water crisis would absolutely cause war in the streets of Atlanta...think of any large city with a "bunch of stuff" going on (racial injustice, voter suppression, deteriorating infrastructure).  Pile on the Republican agenda, and it's a grenade with the pin already pulled. 

Just sayin, I could see the possibility. 

I didn't say I see it as a probability. 

How about you go with the US Government Agenda. 

Edited by tmandoug1

You want the greatest Country on the planet to go to war over the republican political agenda. I'm saying that our government has gotten greedy on both sides of the aisle. We need to learn that the country needs to be healthy for everyone....we need to continue to evolve as a country not a party. Our government is out of control.....of course this is just my opinion. Be safe out there!

9 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

Not really. 22 will be a test run for 24. What do you think will happen if voters vote Dem in 24 but the gop says the Dem votes aren’t valid and aren’t counted and the gop wins. You think people will just accept an election being stolen?

Just watch Florida and Texas in 22. If somehow those governors lose reelection; they will steal it to ensure they win.

Edited by Rdskns2000

6 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

You want the greatest Country on the planet to go to war over the republican political agenda.

I never, ever said anything of the kind. 

I said I could see the possibility of some issues having an effect on the upcoming elections and democracy in general and offered one example of a crisis that COULD cause a sort of "war" amongst the people.  It may not have been the best example, but I think your comprehension skills need some tweaking. 

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I never, ever said anything of the kind. 

I said I could see the possibility of some issues having an effect on the upcoming elections and democracy in general and offered one example of a crisis that COULD cause a sort of "war" amongst the people.  It may not have been the best example, but I think your comprehension skills need some tweaking. 

I was responding to a person who said arm up for war in 24....you responded with some actions that you said may be possibilities but maybe not probabilities.  You tagged onto a conversation with some reasoning as to why it may happen. I think I comprehended pretty well. 

21 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

You sound like a Trump Republican.  

He sounds like a man full of sarcasm....

Edited by tmandoug1