Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Saw an article posted earlier. "Freedom Caucus" is already demanding that if McCarthy wants to be Speaker, then the House passes a rule saying that no bill can be voted on unless half of Republicans support it. 

I'll be amazed if Congress passes a budget. 

McCarthy needs to be pragmatic in how many House members he risks losing giving Freedom Causus what they want, including possibly his own job as House Speaker, in jus two years.

Is it worth?  They jus like Tea Party, their list of demands will only grow as they are met, give and inch take a mile, flamethrowing the whole damn time no matter what.

He can easily pass a budget McConnell agrees with along with one other member, like House Minority Leader and or Whip, if he wants, including any other major legislation.  

Why I'm buying he might not even be Speaker, giving what they want to get what he wants will last two years at best, not worth it or practical.

Does the actual number of seats even matter at this point? We know the GOP dramatically underperformed expectations, but will have a very narrow majority in 5he House. Dems keep the Senate and may have one additional buffer if Warnock wins the runoff. I just dont get the hour by hour, batch by batch counting anymore. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Does the actual number of seats even matter at this point? We know the GOP dramatically underperformed expectations, but will have a very narrow majority in 5he House. Dems keep the Senate and may have one additional buffer if Warnock wins the runoff. I just dont get the hour by hour, batch by batch counting anymore. 

I want Boebert out, and Walker left at the curb. Those both matter a lot to me, regardless of the seat count.

Oh, and Lake can be tossed to the side as well. Those three being defeated would be most welcomed.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The majority party gets to control the committees. Those same committees that have been investigating Jan 6 and other things from the past administration will flip to investigating Hunter Biden and the like. Also, impeachment originates in the house and only requires a majority to adopt articles of impeachment before referring the case to the senate (which requires a two thirds majority to convict). We could see a ratified impeachment resolution come out of the House if the vote splits along party line. With that in mind, the more seats the democrats hold, fewer Republicans would be need to break ranks to defeat articles of impeachment.

Edited by Stadium-Armory

13 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

The majority party gets to control the committees. Those same committees that have been investigating Jan 6 and other things from the past administration will flip to investigating Hunter Biden and the like. Also, impeachment originates in the house and only requires a majority to adopt articles of impeachment before referring the case to the senate (which requires a two thirds majority to convict). We could see a ratified impeachment resolution come out of the House if the vote splits along party line. With that in mind, the more seats the democrats hold, fewer Republicans would be need to break ranks to defeat articles of impeachment.

Appreciate the civics lesson, but we’ve established at this point that the GOP will be the majority by a slim margin. 

24 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Appreciate the civics lesson, but we’ve established at this point that the GOP will be the majority by a slim margin. 

Yes but the size of the margin matters and that’s why everyone is watching each race intently. Impeachment for example. 

Edited by Stadium-Armory