Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bloomberg: How WallStreetBets Pushed GameStop Shares to the Moon

No Excuses

9 hours ago, Llevron said:

Y’all need to buy AMC so I can sell that again. 

10 at a time right now on Robinhood.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/01/31/robinhood-to-continue-trading-limits-on-monday-customers-can-still-only-buy-one-gamestop-share.html

That article also briefly covers the actual reason platforms blocked buying... Many of them didn't have the capital to cover the settlement period when clearinghouses raised the requirements. Here's more on that:

https://www.marke****ch.com/story/gamestop-frenzy-puts-clearinghouses-in-spotlight-as-investors-weigh-systemic-risk-fears-11611950283

This is the Twitter thread from that article that does a pretty good job explaining it:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, techboy said:

https://www.marke****ch.com/story/gamestop-frenzy-puts-clearinghouses-in-spotlight-as-investors-weigh-systemic-risk-fears-11611950283

This is the Twitter thread from that article that does a pretty good job explaining it:

I see a lot of words and all, but I can't read. AMC to the moon!! 🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀

I see this week being interesting since all of the redditors have switched from RH to Fidelity/Vanguard to buy stocks. I'm going to be paying close attention for any dips....I couldn't get my purchase in last week when it hit $190 a share. I figured I'd buy 2 and see what happens.

Edited by Barry.Randolphe

8 hours ago, techboy said:

That article also briefly covers the actual reason platforms blocked buying... Many of them didn't have the capital to cover the settlement period when clearinghouses raised the requirements. Here's more on that:

On 1/28/2021 at 9:35 PM, techboy said:

The biggest problem is that their "free" can actually be quite expensive, because they're not a charity... They make their money in a variety of ways, one of which is by how they route trade executions. That's not a big deal for someone like me, who makes two or three trades a year, but it can add up if you're going to be jumping in and out of positions.

On 1/28/2021 at 9:35 PM, techboy said:

This is the likely explanation for their halt to buying those stocks. What they’re doing in the backend to facilitate trades and what it means their exposure/risk is at any given moment. 

On 1/29/2021 at 12:07 AM, tshile said:

that third box is actually my quote it got messed up 🤷‍♂️ 

but yeah. That was predictable.100% truth vs convenient argument?

🤷‍♂️ 

56 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

With my newfound wealth I was going to purchase you tickets to one of those metal cruises you like, but nooooooope.

I dont think AMC is ever getting back to 20, but if you got in at 16 you might be able to get your money back today. If thats your plan I would set some kinda auto sell if you have that capability. 

If thats not your plan, enjoy the wave playa lol

The aftermath of this GME story is going to be fascinating to watch. 

It is going to be amazing watching congress shred Wall Street "fat cats" for refusing to sell a stock, that they know is about to crash, to middle class investors who don't understand what they are buying.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nerm said:

The aftermath of this GME story is going to be fascinating to watch. 

It is going to be amazing watching congress shred Wall Street "fat cats" for refusing to sell a stock, that they know is about to crash, to middle class investors who don't understand what they are buying.

Next up, 7-Eleven refusing to sell scratchers because hardly anyone wins big on them. 

• Haha 1

Big institutional investors and individual fat cats who short sell are eventually going to win.  Yes, they will take down Melvin Capital and maybe Robinhood, but eventually people are going to have to start taking the profits.  And when that happens, there will be panic sell off and price will crash down to < $50.   The smarter investors can see this coming and there will be more call options going up for sale.  I'm predicting all of this happens by end of April.  If I had money to gamble this is what it would be on.   

Edited by DCSaints_fan
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I dont think AMC is ever getting back to 20, but if you got in at 16 you might be able to get your money back today. If thats your plan I would set some kinda auto sell if you have that capability. 

If thats not your plan, enjoy the wave playa lol

I think the goal with AMC is to play the long hold....that stock has to be valuable come post-pandemic time when people WANT to go see a movie and the only theater remaining is AMC...plus they just got a cash infusion of $1B, they aren't going tits up anytime soon