Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

10 hours ago, China said:

I think you should sue them. 

Of course, to do that, you'd have to admit under oath that they were accurate. 

58 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

The mind marvels as it contemplates what the Internet is going to do with a tweet involving women in prison, yoga positions, and protein shakes. 

• Haha 3

Heather Cox Richardson's Letter dated Saturday lays out Jan 6 Timelines. These people claiming that they were only exploring options to overthrow the election weren't really looking to overthrow the election is just parsing language. Why bother if they weren't indeed looking to overthrow the election? 

• Like 1

The Republicans knew, months before the election, that they were going to lose.  And that their plan was to wait till after they lost, and then try to change the result.  

Remember Trump's "If you throw out the ballots, there won't be a transition?"  

Remember Skippy being asked if he would abide by the results of the election, and replying that he would comply "after all the legal ballots were counted"?  

Heck, Remember every single Republican, at every level of government, urging all Republicans to not vote by mail, but only in person?  

Every Republican who advised people to do that, did so as part of a plan to make the in-person ballots and the mail-in ballots have different kinds of votes.  To create a pile or mostly-blue ballots and a pile of mostly-red ballots.  So that when they threw out one pile, which they were planning on doing, before the votes were even cast, doung so would give them the biggest effect of altering the results.  

They were literally planning on throwing out the ballots, before the votes were even cast.  And took active, affirmative, steps to prepare for that scenario.  

• Like 9

After 50 rioters sentenced for January 6 insurrection, a debate rages over what justice looks like

Of the 50-plus defendants who have been sentenced for their role in the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, fewer than half were sent to jail for their crimes. Most received an assortment of lesser penalties, including brief terms of house arrest, a couple years of probation, four-figure fines or court-ordered community service, according to a CNN analysis.

The milestone of 50 sentencings was hit on Friday, a busy day in court, with six hearings on the schedule. Four defendants got probation Friday, including a pair of veterans from Wisconsin, while one man who stole a beer from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office got 20 days in jail.

As federal prosecutors have brought cases against nearly 700 rioters, a heated debate has emerged over what justice should look like for such an unprecedented assault on democracy. This debate has raged on social media and in the halls of Congress. It has also played out among the two dozen judges handling the cases at the federal courthouse in Washington, DC.

After 50 sentencings, a split has developed on the bench: One group of judges has handed down stiffer punishments to rioters, including time behind bars. While a more skeptical group of judges have rebuffed the Justice Department and instead imposed fines and probation, which means the rioters will avoid jail but stay under government supervision for years to come.

This dynamic won't last forever -- this initial wave of guilty pleas and sentencings will eventually be followed up by dozens of more serious felony cases with longer prison terms. But for now, the dizzying array of outcomes has caused some headaches. Judges are questioning the department's approach to January 6, and politicians from both sides have fanned the flames.

"It doesn't look great that we're taking a bunch of people who stormed the United States Capitol and letting them go home. Not a lot of people are spending a lot of time in jail," said a Justice Department prosecutor with knowledge of the January 6 investigation who spoke to CNN on the condition of anonymity. "But jail isn't always the best outcome. A lot of them are getting significant terms of supervised release and probation, so they've got to keep their nose clean."

Click on the link for the full article

Ex-Trump adviser Peter Navarro refuses to provide documents subpoenaed in House Covid-19 probe

Former White House trade adviser Peter Navarro has refused to comply with a Congressional subpoena for documents related to the Trump administration's response to the coronavirus, saying the former president ordered him not to, according to a letter Navarro wrote to the subcommittee investigating.

Navarro served as one of former President Donald Trump's pandemic response advisers and was, in part, responsible for curating the response to the virus. CNN previously reported he warned the White House in a January 2020 memo the virus could become a "full-blown pandemic."

The House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis issued the subpoena last month as part of its probe into the federal response to the pandemic, originally requesting Navarro provide documents by December 8 and a deposition on December 15.

Defying the request for documents Navarro wrote in a letter on December 7, "It is a direct order that I should not comply with the subpoena."

The subcommittee has still given Navarro until December 15 to sit for a deposition and demanded again Saturday he turn over relevant documents.

Navarro said in his letter to the subcommittee -- and addressed the letter to "Representative Rayburn" -- he would not cooperate because Trump told him to "protect executive privilege."

Navarro presumably intended to address the letter to Rep. James Clyburn, a Democrat and chairman of the coronavirus crisis panel. The subcommittee resides in the Rayburn House Office Building.

What is keeping the January 6 committee from issuing a subpoena to Donald T***p?  It would be an extraordinary move for a Congressional committee to subpoena an ex-President, but this is an extraordinary case.  They need to summon him to testify under oath, and hold him in contempt if he refuses.

Are they limited Constitutionally? 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

What is keeping the January 6 committee from issuing a subpoena to Donald T***p?  It would be an extraordinary move for a Congressional committee to subpoena an ex-President, but this is an extraordinary case.  They need to summon him to testify under oath, and hold him in contempt if he refuses.

Are they limited Constitutionally? 

No, they're just cowardly, or waiting till they have as much information from other sources so they can catch him lying.  Other presidents have been subpoenaed:

Can Congress Subpoena Trump to Testify?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

We all nothing will come of this. The major players will stall things in court until    The gop takes over in Jan. 23 and ends the commission.

You will get some report issued probably close to the election- likely after the election.

Nothing will really happen and Trump will announce his campaign in early January 23.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

We all nothing will come of this. The major players will stall things in court until    The gop takes over in Jan. 23 and ends the commission.

You will get some report issued probably close to the election- likely after the election.

Nothing will really happen and Trump will announce his campaign in early January 23.

I agree with everything you said but I'm still holding out hope that he's dead by then.

Edited by redskinss

it's one of those amygdala-driven fantastical 'wants', but i'd love it if i lived in a world where everyone one of those ****-eaters involved in jan 6 were tried and if found guilty executed for treason...furthermore, in the spirit of actually caring about the poor and downtrodden during this time of year, i'd like it if every single employee of fox, oan, and newsmax, other than those in the maintenance field, were likewise tried and found guilty (not that this ends my, um, 'you've been naughty, not nice' list for stockings stuffed with termination notices)

other than that kind of stuff, i'm all about helping anybody whenever i can in any way i can without judgement 👼 especially during the 'holy fairy tales batman' holiday season when worshiping at the altar of consumerism and greediness  is at its highpoint

(^^gratuitous off-topic war on xmas slam, doing my part as a good soldier^^....i love the smell of napalm in the morning)

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Proud Boys, Oath Keepers Face Lawsuit Over Capitol Riot

The District of Columbia sued the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers, D.C. Attorney General Karl Racine said, alleging the far-right groups conspired to attack the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 and disrupt the certification of President Biden’s election victory.

The civil lawsuit, filed Tuesday in federal court in Washington, names the two groups and more than 30 individuals it says are associated with them.

“Over the course of several weeks, the Proud Boys, the Oath Keepers, their leadership, and certain of their members and affiliates—motivated by a desire to overturn the legal results of the election and initiate a second term of Donald Trump’s presidency—worked together to plot, publicize, recruit for, and finance their planned attack,” the lawsuit says. “The result of that planning, the January 6th Attack on the Capitol, was not a protest or a rally. It was a coordinated act of domestic terrorism.”

“As the independent attorney general, I have the responsibility to enforce our laws and hold these violent defendants accountable,” Mr. Racine said at a news conference.

Edited by China
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1