Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biden/Harris Legislative/Policy Discussions - Now with a Republican House starting 2023

goskins10

20 hours ago, PeterMP said:

It isn't like they just passed any bill.  This isn't any bill.  It contains the largest investment in moving us to an alternative energy based economy in the history of the country and realistically likely in the world.

I think this alone is as impactful over the long term as Einsenhower developing the interstate highway system. Solar and wind projects already have some of the lowest cost/kw ratios.  Looking forward to some more cheap low cost America sourced energy.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

I wouldn’t expect the Machin deal to pass; corporate whore Sinema will squash it. She’s got to protect her future employers since will be needing a job in Jan. 25.  So,will make sure that deal doesn’t pass since the deal has provisions her corporate masters don’t want. 

• Like 1

She'll do "something" to earn (justify, rationalize) the money she has taken from lobbyists, but she won't sink the bill. 

If she sinks the bill, she might as well get out of politics. I think she may have Presidential aspirations....so I will think she would pass 90% of it.

6 hours ago, Fergasun said:

She'll do "something" to earn (justify, rationalize) the money she has taken from lobbyists, but she won't sink the bill. 

If she sinks the bill, she might as well get out of politics. I think she may have Presidential aspirations....so I will think she would pass 90% of it.

She's going to have to get out when her term is done anyways, at best, she MIGHT be a lobbyist. She'll end up being a Joe Lieberman: having to switch sides just to be relevant, but no one will want to deal with her...we already have a Tulsi Gabbard.

6 hours ago, Fergasun said:

She will be out of politics. She’s losing her primary in 24. She may switch to the gop before she gets booted. President?  Her campaign wouldn’t get off the ground.

10 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Her being out of politics is likely bad for democrats.

No. She's a corporate whore; let her prostitute herself there. She has no business in being a politician anymore.

The MAchin deal is likely dead.

“Corporate shill”: Sinema demands to save tax break for wealthy donors after meeting with lobbyists 

What she wants to be removed from the bill, to benefits her corporate johns; means she isn't voting for the bill.  So bill is dead.  If the Dems cave in and do her corporate johns bidding; the bill won't get the votes to pass. 

22 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

No. She's a corporate whore; let her prostitute herself there. She has no business in being a politician anymore.

“Corporate shill”: Sinema demands to save tax break for wealthy donors after meeting with lobbyists 

What she wants to be removed from the bill, to benefits her corporate johns; means she isn't voting for the bill.  So bill is dead.  If the Dems cave in and do her corporate johns bidding; the bill won't get the votes to pass. 

Nix the tax and pass the bill. Add the tax when you have more senators so her vote won’t matter as much.

it’s better to have a republican democrat in the senate than it is to have a “democratic” republican.

what, you think you are gonna replace the rightest leaning democrats in the senate with a true blue liberal? Nah, ain’t happening. 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/04/politics/chuck-schumer-economic-bill-saturday/index.html

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema has agreed to support the Democrats' economic bill, giving Democrats the 50 votes they need to pass the legislation in the coming days.

In a statement, Sinema indicated that she won several changes to the tax provisions of the package, including removing the tax on carried interest, which would have impacted hedge fund managers and private equity. That proposal would have raised $14 billion.

Btw, loosing 14 billion isn’t that much for what we gain, and is a small percentage of the US national budget which is 4.5 trillion dollars

• Like 2

Weak Dems so desperate for a deal; they buckled to the corporate whore.

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Nix the tax and pass the bill. Add the tax when you have more senators so her vote won’t matter as much.

it’s better to have a republican democrat in the senate than it is to have a “democratic” republican.

what, you think you are gonna replace the rightest leaning democrats in the senate with a true blue liberal? Nah, ain’t happening. 

I didn’t say that. I said her political career ends in 24. She will be primaried and lose. Her replacement may or may not win but she will not be the Democratic AZ Candidate in 24.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1

On 8/2/2022 at 4:58 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

I wouldn’t expect the Machin deal to pass; corporate whore Sinema will squash it. She’s got to protect her future employers since will be needing a job in Jan. 25.  So,will make sure that deal doesn’t pass since the deal has provisions her corporate masters don’t want. 

Okey dokie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2