Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Its not just one game.  He wasn't good against the chargers, he was bad against the bills, he sucked against the saints.  I know that's your boy, but that wasn't an off game, that who he is, we are seeing his ceiling over and over again.  The fact there's barely anyone coming in to defend him this week, and its Wednesday now, is telling, tape dont lie.

You are really mischaracterizing these games. While I easily acknowledge that TH had an off day against the No. 10 Saints, he had a strong outing against the No. 8 Chargers and a little below average day against the No. 2 Bills. His passer rating against the Saints was 48.6%. His average rating in all other games this year is 103.5%. That clearly marks the Saints game as an outlier and an “off” game. By the way, all three of those games were against top ten teams in the power rankings.

CHARGERS

The Chargers are the No. 8 ranked team in the current power rankings. TH was not responsible for this loss. He played a little over one half after a dismal start by Fitz. Completed 73% for 122 yards, 1 TD, no interceptions and a passer rating of 119.3.

BILLS

The Bills are the current No. 2 ranked team in the power rankings. While TH threw 2 interceptions, he also completed 58% for 212 yards, 2 TDs and an 80.6 passer rating while running for another TD. He also led the team to 21 points, the most scored against the Bills in any of the Bills’ four wins this year.

SAINTS

The Saints are the current No. 10 ranked team in the power rankings. TH threw 2 interceptions while completing only 48% for 248 yards, no TDs, and a miserable 48.6 passer rating. He clearly had an off day.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, ODU AGGIE said:

You are really mischaracterizing these games. While I easily acknowledge that TH had an off day against the No. 10 Saints, he had a strong outing against the No. 8 Chargers and a little below average day against the No. 2 Bills. His passer rating against the Saints was 48.6%. His average rating in all other games this year is 103.5%. That clearly marks the Saints game as an outlier and an “off” game. By the way, all three of those games were against top ten teams in the power rankings.

I watched those games and those don't tell the whole story.  And nobody cares about power rankings, thats not a stat, would've rather you post defensive ratings.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense

CHARGERS

The Chargers are the No. 8 ranked team in the current power rankings. TH was not responsible for this loss. He played a little over one half after a dismal start by Fitz. Completed 73% for 122 yards, 1 TD, no interceptions and a passer rating of 119.3.

16 points at home is not cool, fam, especially when the other team doesn't have a lot of film on you yet.  I'll give credit to him not having a lot time with the 1s, which is something I brought up in preseason, but he didn't put us in position to win that game, one where our defense allowed the least points all year. I refuse to blame the defense alone for that lose, 16 points at home is unacceptable.

Chargers are #18 in yards allowed per game right now, not world beaters at all

BILLS

The Bills are the current No. 2 ranked team in the power rankings. While TH threw 2 interceptions, he also completed 58% for 212 yards, 2 TDs and an 80.6 passer rating while running for another TD. He also led the team to 21 points, the most scored against the Bills in any of the Bills’ four wins this year.

The two ints is key here, as 73 of those yards came on the Gibson screen alone.  This is the best defense he faced, and a clear expectation of what to expect when we see when he goes up against one again, he failed that test miserably, 58% is nothing to brag about.

Bills defense is #1 in yards allowed per game.

SAINTS

The Saints are the current No. 10 ranked team in the power rankings. TH threw 2 interceptions while completing only 48% for 248 yards, no TDs, and a miserable 48.6 passer rating. He clearly had an off day.

Saints defense is #14 in yards allowed per game, thats a middle of the pack defense he struggled against, thats a red flag.

Edited by Renegade7

I think what's also missing from the good game/bad game debate going on here is the good ole fashioned eye-test.  Which worked both for and against TH.  

For TH:  Moxie and fearlessness by making a mistake and leading comebacks.

Against TH: Some really iffy balls that weren't intercepted but should have been.  And I do understand that this happens every week in some capacity to most QB's.  But Taylor's were as a result of throws that hang up there forever, not necessarily a tight window/contested catch or miscommunication.  These are what gave folks pause about him and in the other games, we paid the price for those.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I said bye week, if Fitz is healthy, Taylor has to prove he deserves the whole year, not jus given to him because we want to see what we got.  That's not being fair to the team if he doesn't show improvement from one week to the next, imo, Fitz was brought here for a reason.

That's fine. But when Fitz comes back and sucks then put TH back in and finish the season. 

3 minutes ago, zskins said:

That's fine. But when Fitz comes back and sucks then put TH back in and finish the season. 

When he sucks?  He's going to need a game or two to get right, we should try to be fair to him.  I get it, he struggled in preseason, but so did Taylor.  Both of them struggled in the Chargers game, so it's hard for me come up with anything to show that Fitz will be fine.  I wasn't at training camp, but his teammates were and spoke highly of him, guess that gives me hope.

Edit: if Taylor gets taken out, you can't put him back in.  It would Kyle Allen time to see if he's improved if it's obvious Fitz is really done.

Edited by Renegade7

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

When he sucks?  He's going to need a game or two to get right, we should try to be fair to him.  I get it, he struggled in preseason, but so did Taylor.  Both of them struggled in the Chargers game, so it's hard for me come up with anything to show that Fitz will be fine.  I wasn't at training camp, but his teammates were and spoke highly of him, guess that gives me hope.

Why should the coaches much less us be fair to him. He got injured being careless on a ride at a freaking water park. The Team and the fans owe him nothing. 

5 minutes ago, ODU AGGIE said:

I took it to be true. If not, mea culpa.

Here's the story. There certainly has been no denial from Fitzy.

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/ryan-fitzpatrick-waterslide-rumor-radio-caller/583971

Thats not evidence, that's a radio caller.

I watched him get hurt in that chargers game, your link even has a video of it.  He certainly didn't look injuried to me before then, jus as off as did in the preseason.

Has Fitz even been asked about it so he can confirm or deny it?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think what's also missing from the good game/bad game debate going on here is the good ole fashioned eye-test.  Which worked both for and against TH.  

For TH:  Moxie and fearlessness by making a mistake and leading comebacks.

Against TH: Some really iffy balls that weren't intercepted but should have been.  And I do understand that this happens every week in some capacity to most QB's.  But Taylor's were as a result of throws that hang up there forever, not necessarily a tight window/contested catch or miscommunication.  These are what gave folks pause about him and in the other games, we paid the price for those.

Yeah, honestly the Saints game felt a bit like the chickens coming home to roost in a way for Heinicke, unfortunately. He'd had some pretty damn lucky breaks when it came to late/poor throws where defenders literally dropped balls that hit them in the hands.

That sort of luck simply isn't sustainable. Eventually those late throws are going to get picked, and that's what happened Sunday. Unfortunately those two picks were also in the two worst places they can happen: the opponen's red zone, and your own red zone.

As I've said, I'm going to see how it plays out with Heinicke so I'm not making any hard judgements yet. But if he doesn't figure out a way to clean up those late throws and throw earlier/with more anticipation, then those kinds of picks are going to keep happening.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Thats not evidence, that's a radio caller.

I watched him get hurt in that chargers game, your link even has a video of it.  He certainly didn't look injuried to me before then, jus as off as did in the preseason.

Has Fitz even been asked about it so he can confirm or deny it?

I don't know. We will likely find out with time. I would be surprised if he is not asked about it once he is back on the practice field, if he comes back. I said much earlier that I would not be surprised if he called it a career or some other words to that affect.

Edited by ODU AGGIE

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Nothing personal but we’ve had over the years people posting who were only fans of a particular player or coach and once they were no longer here, they left.

And you felt compelled to post this because...

LOL! All is fine. Cheers!

44 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Edit: if Taylor gets taken out, you can't put him back in.  It would Kyle Allen time to see if he's improved if it's obvious Fitz is really done.

Well this post is exactly why I disagree with you on putting Fitz back in. Taylor has been about as good as I expected Fitz to be. Unless he seriously regresses or keeps putting up multiple pick performances, I say you roll with him until you cant. I almost feel like he and the offense are our best chance at winning on sundays with the defense being the way it is and I dont like they idea of taking 2 games to get Fitz back on the same page. Thats two games we probably cant afford to lose, unless we are already out of it. Then **** it 

17 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Nothing personal but we’ve had over the years people posting who were only fans of a particular player or coach and once they were no longer here, they left.

Remember the influx of Alex Smith fans, of which to be honest, was a surprise to me.  Not that people would like Alex Smith, but like him enough to become a fan of whatever team he goes to and act as his counsel on the team forum.  The one dude, I think it was Sandy Monk - sheesh. 

• Haha 2

I mean -- anything is possible with this team re: Waterpark 

But taking him not saying think about it as some kind of sign either way is like me saying well..... you didn't deny sharing your shaved nuts with the squirrels at the park in your spare time. Means nothing. 

Unless there is something you want to tell us about them squirrels.....

• Haha 1

Heinicke is putting up 24.6 ppg.

That's only happened 3 times in the entire Snyder era producing 3 winning seasons and 2 playoff appearances.

We all see his physical limitations on the field but let's not pretend Kyle Allen or Fitz is going to come in and put more points on the board. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Well this post is exactly why I disagree with you on putting Fitz back in. Taylor has been about as good as I expected Fitz to be.

Say word?

Unless he seriously regresses or keeps putting up multiple pick performances, I say you roll with him until you cant.

The Atlanta game is unfortunately why I believe this will happen and then we have to pull him.  Hawkins alone dropped like 2-3 ints.

I almost feel like he and the offense are our best chance at winning on sundays with the defense being the way it is and I dont like they idea of taking 2 games to get Fitz back on the same page. Thats two games we probably cant afford to lose, unless we are already out of it. Then **** it 

I'm obviously estimating here, once cleared he could be good to go.  I expect him back around here, which are some winnable games (outside Tampa, i think they beat us mercilessly because of our seconday)

35264075_SmartSelect_20211013-144642_BleacherReport.jpg.3825f0c9bbbb2690dd9657c1bd7b614d.jpg

Fitz is better then Allen, so if Taylor does keep having multi int games, have to shoot your shot with Fitz regardless.  If season is over by then, I'd still rather see Fitz at least to see what we have with him, who really knows right now, he's only had 6 passes this year.